Lt. Commander
Hi Devs can we please get some way of training our Bound bridge officers in skills limited to other careers.

For example I really want my borg BO to have Engineering Team III but I am a science captain.

Please help.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-04-2011, 06:34 PM
I ran into this exact problem and it sucks. I wish you didn't have to actually trade the bridge officer to another player for them to train it. But alas, Cryptic didn't think things through. This is also a problem for when the other player has a full roster of bridge officers.

It's not a big deal for me anymore because the Nebula fits my Science-focused Cruiser needs way more than the Star Cruiser ever could, but before the Nebula was released this was a big issue for me because I couldn't use two copies of Engineering Team 3.

Cryptic will probably never get around to implementing a proper way to train bridge officers. I expect this to be a bigger issue once F2P hits because Silver players will be extremely limited in their bridge officer slots.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-20-2011, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillingMeSoftly
I ran into this exact problem and it sucks. I wish you didn't have to actually trade the bridge officer to another player for them to train it. But alas, Cryptic didn't think things through. This is also a problem for when the other player has a full roster of bridge officers.

It's not a big deal for me anymore because the Nebula fits my Science-focused Cruiser needs way more than the Star Cruiser ever could, but before the Nebula was released this was a big issue for me because I couldn't use two copies of Engineering Team 3.

Cryptic will probably never get around to implementing a proper way to train bridge officers. I expect this to be a bigger issue once F2P hits because Silver players will be extremely limited in their bridge officer slots.
I deleted my Reman science Boff because of the lackluster setup the game "locks" certain BO's to be un-tradable and un-trainable. The skills I received with the Reman were not the greatest, but alas, in the current structure of STO, there was never going to be able to do anything substantial with that boff. SAD, isn't it that I had to delete him to make room for a tradeable, trainable Boff?
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-20-2011, 12:46 PM
Yeah, I think the whole Captain and BO trained abilities thing was a bad idea in the first place. It would be much more sensible if the BO trainer simply had all available skills and let you chose the ones you want. As it stands the current system is just plain inconvenient.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-22-2011, 12:49 PM
Check the exchange for Caitian and Aenar boffs. Many of them have captain trained skills.

Some do show up on bof candidates despite the fact that they shouldn't. I have AP omega 3 and warp plasma 3 on candidates in my list right now.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-26-2011, 04:34 PM
The Devs *really* need to rework how training other Captain's BOFFs is done. Something like WoW has with their Enchantment window would be optimal. (One player puts the BOFF to be trained in the window, the other captain show what skill is going to be trained, both players hit accept.)