will we be able to wield and fight with more than one pistol/one handed weapon? and will this apply to melee weapons as well? And as we use weapons more frequently, will we become better at using them? I.E. a low=level player with a high skill with a phaser can will have high damage rations and hit percentages?
So we dont get to take down just regular 'red shirt' security officers? I dont really want one of my highly skilled bridge officers to go down and die, then i have to find another. Or can you revive 'dead' officers?
Do we get to choose what ourselves and any of our officers involved are loaded out with (as in X-COM, for example)?
Do we or those officers gain or choose to develop skill in different types of weapons? (Lieutenant Razorbeast is good with disruptors, but Bekk Wam Serpent is better with the Batleth, leading me to choose one or the other based on the expected terrain?)
Will science and engineer characters be effective with weapons in combat, or do they have to use their specialist abilities every time just to keep pace? (i.e. is this more like Planetside, or Everquest?)
Are injured officers out of service for any amount of time? (I encourage this, since it gives meaning to the depth of talent in a player's officer pool.)
Will the planetary terrain be fixed, and we can beam down and engage target as we please? Or are groundside engagements equivalent to a common MMO instance, where the player's choices are limited by sharply controlled terrain? Or are they something different than these?
Will control of your crewmen be more silmilar to City of Villians (Basic attack this and that), or more like Rainbow Six? (Tell your men where to go, where to take cover, what grenades to use, ect ect.)
What kind of weapons will there be?
What will be the differance in the weapons?
Can only certain "classes" use certian weapons?
Will there be a "Stun" and "Kill" setting on your weapons? Or will matter?
Will your crew stop attacking your target when you are no longer targeting it?
Will there be orbital berages?
Will there be anti-space weaponry to attack orbiting ships?
Will there be site-to-site transporting?
What is "death" and "respawning" like?
Will federation get mele weapons too? Or will they have to rely on hand-to-hand for close combat?
1) Will there be more than one beam-in point, that players can select?
2) Will we have the option to switch between First and Third Person Views?
2) Will Melee and Hand-to-Hand combat going to have different combat positions with various strengths and weaknesses (sort of like how different lightsaber forms was used in KotoR 2)?
4) Will death involve a incapacitate / kill system?
5) Will Players have the ability to see in the Dark with Night Vision, with some races having it innately?
6) Will there be enviromental conditions affect our players? For instance a Tholian can't go on an Ice World without a thermal unit, but a Andorian is unaffected.
7) If a hostile ship is inbound to the planet or station you are on, will we be notified? If so, will you have the abililty to order your ship out of orbit and come back later?
8) Will there be Battlefront Worlds with movable fronts?
9) Will there various Phasers have different characteristics? Like Type 1s on missions as not to seem hostile in carrying Phaser Pistols (Type 2). And will a Phaser Rifle (Type 3) have more power and range than that of the Type 2?
10) Will Players have the abililty to holster their weapons, or are we going to run around in alien cities like we are going to blow everyone to kingdom come? :p
So both factions get to have personal shielding? Well, I guess if they can come up with shielding for ships, they'd eventually be able to make them for individuals. Kind of reminds me of Halo 3.
So, there'll only be three professions at launch (Tactical, Engineering, and Science), or are the kits just examples of what's available, or is it just what kinds of kits there'll be available to use?
If there'll be different hand-to-hand weapons unique to different races in ST, such as Bat'leths and Lirpas, will there be weapons based on Terran/Earth's past (updated for the 25th Century, of course) available?
Will there be ground based vehicles and atmospheric fighters, or is that expected to come out later, like in an expansion or update?
Will there be threats from indigenous and imported creatures/semi-sentient beings that will pose threats to crews when they are engaged in ground battles with enemy factions?
Would players be able to use transporters to get out of sticky combat situations, or will there be a 'cooldown time' until they can get out so they won't use it as a 'Get Out of Jail' card?
What kinds of grenades, if any, will be available to use to 'spice up' the action in ground combat?