Lt. Commander
# 121
08-01-2009, 01:41 AM
When on the ground will there be a 1st person shooter option or will it all be 3rd person ground combat?

Will there be events that can occur in the middle of a fight...say... a starship crashes and smashes a group of units unlucky enough to be in the way?

Will there be long range weapons like a sniping kit or will it all generally be up closer to each other?

Will there be grenades?

Will there be realistic body physics, as in will the bodies fly in an explosion, or melt from molecular destabilization, or fly back when hit by a powerful shot?

Can you use the enviornments to your advantage, example: Knock down a tree or cause an avalanche to kill or black off your opponents force from a route?

What will the main reward be for winning? Your opponents kits, money, or just a Win/loss ratio?

will there be random creatures that attack either side if you come close to, like an vicious animal that happens to be in the battlefeild or a group of rogue units...?

Will certain races have distinct advantages on there home world? like would Humans have their stats somewhat raised if they were fighting on earth?
Lt. Commander
# 122
08-01-2009, 03:08 AM
Allot of great questions

My question is on targeting. Will we be able to target a specific body region like the arm or leg to wound our opponent or slow them down without having to kill them ?
Lt. Commander
# 123
08-01-2009, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagilum View Post
Allot of great questions

My question is on targeting. Will we be able to target a specific body region like the arm or leg to wound our opponent or slow them down without having to kill them ?
thats what the "stun" function on phasers is for...
Lt. Commander
# 124
08-01-2009, 11:10 PM
Will there be even further scientific specializations? Will I be able to (or have a bridge officer) specialize in branches of science? Botany, Archaeology, etc? What about Science and Medical as a subset, does that mean a more limited level of specialization in medicine? Could I specialize in triage or skeletal regeneration?

Engineering? Warp field theory or starship design?

Currently the game is sounding like a mix of Tabula Rasa and SWG in the ground combat/character skills area...
Lt. Commander
# 125
08-01-2009, 11:34 PM
Will ground PVP combat be something along the lines of "Battlegrounds" in WOW?

Is it possible to be doing quests on the ground, and stumble across a party of the opposite faction doing quests in the same area - allowing us to have some PVP fun?
Lt. Commander
# 126
08-02-2009, 04:28 AM
Q1. Will the ground combat be similiar to GTA and Desert Storm 2? for example we know we have the third person view and can probably zoom in and out with the mouse wheel, will we be able to control our Npcs (assuming you want to solo it) as if that npc was our character? (similiar to desert storm 2 where you can switch between the dudes... or better yet knights of the old republic)

Q2. Ok from what i understand our Npcs(Bridge crew) will have all the skills etc, will players get their own Ground combat skills, or will it be a case of.. aim,point,shoot,corpse camp ? (i wont do the last one.. Promise)

Q3. When fighting gorn in ground combat, will they be as hard to find in the field as they are in that screenshot :@ ?
Lt. Commander
# 127
08-02-2009, 07:42 AM
Will gravity play an important part in combat? Not every planet that can sustain life will have an equivalent gravity to Earth's/Qo'noS', and something could happen to the ship's artificial gravity (whether increased or decreased, such as when Tuvok increased the gravity of one of the decks of Voyager to train some Maquis crew members in discipline in the Learning Curve or when Chancellor Gorkon's ship's artificial gravity was deactivated when he was assassinated in ST VI: The Undiscovered Country).

Will there be any extravehicular combat, like in ST: First Contact where Captain Picard, Commander Worf and Lt. Hawk were trying to stop the Borg from using the deflector dish?
Lt. Commander
# 128
08-02-2009, 11:28 AM
When and Why do we engage in ground combat? (What is the context for ground combat?) Is it for exploring planets to get some sort of bonus? Is it part of missions? Will all out-of-ship interaction necessarily be combat or can we just explore friendly planets?

EDIT - Spelling
Lt. Commander
# 129
08-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Can we withdrawn from combat by beaming back to the ship. And if yes, will there be special ability to block this possibility? (Like in ST: IX)

Can we beam back our hurt bridge officers, or they must be cure on the field until the combat is finished?

Will the bridge officers and players be combat effective until they die, or on some point there wounds would not allow them to continue fighting?

Will there be some fatal wounds that would not kill instantly, but when not treated kill in some period of time?

What kind of interface are you planing to use for special abilities? Submenus for example like useing numpad in ST Brige Commander, or simple one keyboard letter for each ability?
Lt. Commander
# 130 ground
08-02-2009, 06:58 PM
I want to add my own questions even if repeating others:

1) Will a reconfigurable keyboard movement (WASD Left or Right for ex...) be used in ground combat?

2) Is combat auto attack or twitch click?

3) Really want to know if it is FPS or third person camera (please be third person)

4) Will vehicles be available and usable on the ground? Is away team exploration of an area (possibly with vehicles) a part of the combat/exploration scenarios?

5) Unsure if kits are available for captain as well as bridge officer pets.

6) Am I correct in believing that away teams will sometimes beam down to surface but will also sometimes require transport in a shuttle?

7) Does away team activities including boarding actions/exploration of derelects or other non planetary surfaces or structures?

I have noticed that the forum is loaded with Admirals and Captains before tha game is launched. I was fascinated by all the high level officers and captains here. I was a little curious since back in the first year of the original Star Trek the production company set up an organization called Star Fleet among the many fans like myself. I subscribed and recieved a Commission as Flight Deck Officer aboard the USS ENTERPRISE NCC - 1701. It was a framed certificate ( I still have it) signed by James T. Kirk and Gene Roddenbury. Now what I would like to know is if I was ever promoted or am I just still an ageing ensign? (God forbid I wore a red shirt and got bumped off early)

LOL! Thanks for the chance to input questions especially about the surface game. I will certainly buy and play this game simply because I am a loyal Trekkie. In those famous words....Live Long and Prosper!