Lt. Commander
# 151
08-07-2009, 06:11 PM
sorry if this is asked before, will instance planets or space battles be team sized or solo size? what i mean if i have a team of 5 will there be more enemies to fight as aposed to solo with 1 or 2 in each group.
Lt. Commander
# 152
08-07-2009, 06:58 PM
<insert the obligatory "sorry if this was mentioned before" statement>

I tried to search in this specific forum, but your search didn't return anything for the word "crouch".

For ground combat (or any character-based combat), will we be able to crouch, take cover, etc.? I see so far mostly people just standing in the open, firing phasers and taking phaser fire. <confused look>

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 153
08-08-2009, 05:54 PM
After seeing the latest Friday screen shot, I wonder about the way the characters are standing. Often in star trek the characters who get into firefights don't look like they know how to hold a weapon. The only exception I've seen is the MACOs from ENT.

thus;

Tactical characters are the soldiers of their respective factions. Will they, and other cross-trained characters, look and act like soldiers? Are any of their movements and animations being modeled after the movements of trained soldiers? Will characters trained to use weapons look the part?

edited to refine the question
Lt. Commander
# 154
08-09-2009, 02:14 PM
only real quetion i have pertains to your bridge officers duringaway missions and howthere xp is earned. I've read a cpl times if i recall correctly that our bridge officers will lvl jus like our character. During away missions where you have other player characters will the bridge officers not used get xp...or will we have to flip flop what BO's we use in order to lvl them up if we're grouped more than soloing.
Lt. Commander
# 155
08-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Further questions in lieu of the HF Interview:
  1. Are you open to changing the 'Ranged Healing' system, and maybe going with something like Planet Side or American Army (system that has medic standing next to patient, rather than healing from down the corridor)?
  2. What are ranges of the current healing systems? Whats the longest ranged heal?
  3. It sounds like combat is about taking hits and mitigating damage --- Personal Shields, health points, healing, etc. So does that mean the plan is to have people shooting at each other in the open, like SWG, instead of heavily promoting taking cover, like FPS and military squad games?
  4. How much 'healing' are you expecting to see in a single encounter? Is it going to be minor, or is it going to be like other MMOs where you see large amounts of healing through out a single encounter?
Lt. Commander
# 156
08-13-2009, 04:40 PM
edit:

sorry my bad .. ground combat only !

my apologies