How close to Mass Effect/Gears of War are we when using Cover eg: is it player triggered/button pressed? or is it just moving near a big rock and standing behind it, without any kind of animation to show we are in cover?
can there be raid ground combat? as in more than 5 people in a group? how about for pvp?
Personally, I would like to know more about weapons in general, and there have already been some good questions covering them in this thread. Will there be a large variety of weapons in the game from launch? Are there any types of weapon that could hinder movement? Also, if you could give us any additional details about how weapons are going to be classified that would be great.
You said that you can be a physician, but that it falls under the Science profession.
But wouldn't Medical be a professon in its own right? And since it does catagorize under Science, will Tactical and Engineering have something similar as well, not with just being a great shooter or technician?
1) Can you give us an overview of how ground combat will work in the context of trying to take planets and stations in PvP and PvE? Will there be certain control points you have to capture, like the Capital Building, Barracks, Command Center, etc?
2) Can you call in reinforcements, beyond your away team, in the form of Red Shirts that you do not control directly in combat situations?
3) What role will NPCs on your side and the opposing side play when it comes to taking planets or stations?
4) Will there be vehicles, fortifications, etc that players can use at launch on the ground?
5) Will ground and space battles be able to take place simultaneously and affect each other? IE: Can I call in a torpedo strike from my buddy in orbit, or if I take over a planetary defense weapon, can I turn it on enemy ships in orbit?
All of the above, plus:
When we go on an away mission, do we get to choose our beam in or landing sites?
During encounters with the Borg, will they adapt to our weapons?
How is ranged v melee combat balanced? Will close combat be a last resort or an equal alternative?
Beyond agressive or defensive stances, will the AI party members do their jobs without being told or must they be directed to, for example, heal a team mate?
Will there be a way to distinguish one character's profession/Kit from another person's profession/Kit at a glance? For example, being able to identify who the Science/Tactical/Engineers are and what kinds of Kits they're carrying based on their uniform. And can you train to use all three Kits in your profession, switching them from one away mission to another as needed?
Will there also be a way to distinguish human players from their BO's in ground combat? Again, such as a different uniform, or some other indicator marking them as a pet? Or will the only way to tell be by their behavior?