Lt. Commander
# 61
07-31-2009, 04:28 AM
Will there be "looting"? Meaning when you kill a MoB will you loot credits and special gear off the bodies or something else?
Lt. Commander
# 62
07-31-2009, 04:37 AM
All good q's. Seems like my ones about power settings and "ammo"/energy levels are covered so....

- In the shows all we saw on the Fed side were essentially 3 types of phaser from a small handheld to a phaser rifle. Will be limited thusly, or shall we have an Elite force type range of weapons?

- How will targetting work (PCs, NPCs and inanimate objects assuming one can phaser a boulder or debris away)? Will it be FPS style mouse controlled targetting or lock on style targetting?

- How will damage levels, hit % and crit % be handled? Will it be skill based or will it go up automatically with each rank?

- Will be able to use the environment to our advantage, e.g phaser a bridge to collapse with enemies on it or cause a rock fall over enemies?

- Will we be able to stun our enemies? As Feds usually prefer stun over actually killing them.
Lt. Commander
# 63
07-31-2009, 05:22 AM
I have a few.

1. How will tricorders come into play

2. Can we still change our apearance even after creating our char (like hairdresser, facial changes)

3. Are we having bagspace or weight space (like oblivion)

4. How many weapons can I carry around, and do they require ammo.

5. Can we put phasers on stun or kill, or they just have a general setting.

6. Can we find special weapons from eliminating people, or do we have to buy the general items in the game trough shops.

7. Are we able to fully explore the region or is it cornered with a set off invisible walls/mountains to get to our objective.

8. Are there any ground vehicles or sentries we can put down.

9. Can we vaporize enemies or do they just drop down.

10. Can we cut of limbs.

11. If there is blood do they change in color in terms of wich race.

12. Can we collect trophies.

Thats abouth now i can think off.
Lt. Commander
# 64
07-31-2009, 05:41 AM
Will there be an Emergency beam out option?

Say, when one of your team is hurt really bad in a fire fight or if things turn ugly when you're on the planet's service.
Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 65
07-31-2009, 05:48 AM
Can I call in support from my ship in orbit? If so what sort of support options do I have?

How much variety is there in the available weapons? Are some better in certain situations than others? e.g. pistols/carbines better in close quarters, rifles for long range, fast close in daggers, slower longer blades, maybe some spec ops rifle for the tactical people with a scope, light, sensor, grenade launcher...

How specific can we get with the orders for the BOs? Can I for example, tell my tactical officer I brought to protect the medical officer my friend brought?

What might we expect in the way of larger scale content? Will there be end game possibilities for a 10-man away team? 15? 20?

What happens to my ship when I beam down?

Will there be places accessible only via shuttle?

Will there be vehicles of any sort?

I'd ask about the cover, but there have been several to do so before me, so please refer to any question requesting elaboration on the cover mechanic.

If a member of my team is injured or incapacitated, can I swap them out for another BO?
Lt. Commander
# 66
07-31-2009, 06:16 AM
Do any of these questions actually get answered? Or are we all just talking to ourselves?

On to the important stuff:

How do you deflect lazors with your lightsaber and how would the Force work?
Lt. Commander
# 67
07-31-2009, 06:20 AM
I hate personal force fields!

Hate! Hate! Hate!

That's why I hated Halo. That's why I hated... what was that stupid Star Trek FPS called? Elite Force? I forget.

In the 10th century I could shoot someone in the head with an arrow and they'd go down. In the 20th I could shoot them in the head with an M-16 and they'd go down. But now it's the 24 1/2 century! I have this fancy-smancy super dooper disintegrator rifle. Know what happens when I shoot someone in the head with it?

Nothing!

Then you'll get those power-gaming twinks that will run the numbers and twink out their force fields so that all five of us will shoot him dead-on and he'll just kill all of us because his personal force field is all twinked out with rares and purple rares and global unique thingadoohickies!

I hate PFF.
Lt. Commander
# 68
07-31-2009, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
I hate personal force fields!

Hate! Hate! Hate!

That's why I hated Halo. That's why I hated... what was that stupid Star Trek FPS called? Elite Force? I forget.

In the 10th century I could shoot someone in the head with an arrow and they'd go down. In the 20th I could shoot them in the head with an M-16 and they'd go down. But now it's the 24 1/2 century! I have this fancy-smancy super dooper disintegrator rifle. Know what happens when I shoot someone in the head with it?

Nothing!

Then you'll get those power-gaming twinks that will run the numbers and twink out their force fields so that all five of us will shoot him dead-on and he'll just kill all of us because his personal force field is all twinked out with rares and purple rares and global unique thingadoohickies!

I hate PFF.
Not quite a "question" in the traditional sense, but i may be able to help....Personal force fields will probably only be able to take 3-4 hits...as for "Power gamers" i have a funny feeling that shields wont be upgradeable in that sense for that very reason....
Lt. Commander
# 69 Yay, STO!
07-31-2009, 06:36 AM
These are really great questions guys, just want ot say great job to the team and to the gret community we have here, now to my questions.

I was really wondering these particular issues-

1. Will I be able to perform the Tiberius Hammer(kirks famous two handed club) or the Riker Face Strike(rikers palm to nose uppercut)

2. What will the Feds be able to use as melee weapons? Batleths? Jem Hadar Swords?or some kind of Fed equivalent?

3. How will we be able to fight Species 8472? aren't they impossibly strong and can only be beaten with borg nanoprobes?

thanks guys, also in response to a previous question, I think a good way of justifying the captain on the away team is the same way that you start the game in charge of a vessel, it is a time of great war and the captain will need to be on the front lines cammanding his troops, plus, why would you want to play as your 1st Officer, I want to play as myself in this Universe, not watch someone else doing it, thats not fun!
Lt. Commander
# 70
07-31-2009, 06:42 AM
I have some Ground Combat Questions.

1. Will your character be able to move while shooting?

2. Will there be a crouching and a prone position while in Ground Combat?

3. Will there be a button to press to shoot?

4. Will there be climbing on objects or rocks etc.?

5. Will there be evading shots like : rolling to take cover? (left,right,front,back) ( I don't mean front flips and back flips )

6. Will there be Voice Commands,Requests,Replies etc.?

7. Will there be a Jump button?

That's all the questions i have.