Lt. Commander
# 11
10-25-2011, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
Saying you get dilithium for ALL your merits is pretty silly when a six figure sum turns into a rounding error.
Pretty sure that he's being facetious. 480 Dilithium is the equivalent of a 2-minute Traelus mission. 52 to 1 may as well be 1,000,000 to 1.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-25-2011, 12:40 PM
No point in respecing now. Heretic says there is going to be a major revamp to the skill trees. There is a post in the forums somewhere.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-25-2011, 12:51 PM
I'm holding off on respecing until the skill tree changes but I'm going ot be picking up the gear I need sooner than later.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-25-2011, 12:51 PM
We don't know the exact costs yet, but you might consider suggesting that anyone who hasn't got their Borg sets, go get them now. Although the missions are broken into tidier chunks, it looks like the parts themselves will be available for salvage, just like the other stuff.

So instead of working through each STF once for the set, after F2P you'll be looking at 30ish (depends on salvage costs) STF missions per part.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-25-2011, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimtomisbehave
So instead of working through each STF once for the set, after F2P you'll be looking at 30ish (depends on salvage costs) STF missions per part.
The rumor I heard was more like 5 salvage each piece for the Old Borg Set. But I would not be at all surprised if it's priced exactly the same as the new Mk X sets, in which case, you're right, by all means get it now, while you have a chance to avoid this absurd grind.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-25-2011, 12:59 PM
This game is rapidly devolving into one I never would have paid a lifetime subscription for. And I haven't even gotten a year out of it yet.

So far, my tribble experience has offered little in regards to look forward to, (The Doff system is okay, The Belleraphon is nice), but the rest really sucks to put it bluntly. And I'm talking about the endless grind and money grab.

I really hope there is some FANTASTIC stuff we haven't seen yet too.

I'll say it again Cryptic, there is LOTS of things people have been asking for in the CStore, begging to throw their money at you for. The Vesta, The Ambassador, a new skin for the Excelsior, a tier 5 Connie, a tier 5 Rhode Island, LOTS more Klingon merchandise, more canon bridges, the Enterprise F (does anyone doubt now that's going into the C store?), personalized transporter effects, more ship customer customization, race respects, Androids, holo captains, hair for caitains, hover boots, ROMULANS, the list is LONG..........
You have all sorts of ways to make money if you just listen to your customers.

You really don't need to turn the game into something .... awful
Please, if you ever plan on listening to us, listen to us now.

Save the grind fest for the Silver Customers.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-25-2011, 01:14 PM
Until things are more set in stone, I would hold off on doing anything on Holodeck. Things get changed every week. They are still adjusting the economy. A lot of things can happen between now and when F2P goes live. I would wait at least until they have a firm scheduled date of when things will go live.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-25-2011, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticone622 View Post
WRONG.....

You do get dilithium for ALL the merit you have. It will be very small because DL it time based and you got merit for EVERY mission, patrol, FE, daily, ect... you did. My Tribble character had just over 25,000 merit when they "unlocked" DL on tribble. In return I was given around 480 DL for an exchange of about 52:1.
No idea what you're talking about, but the conversion rate for transferred characters seems to be about .72 dilithium for each merit. Yes, it's subject to change and only based on reported numbers but still hardly a reason to spend merits on holodeck without a very good purpose.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-25-2011, 04:03 PM
I waited until the anniversary to buy my LTS...$240. I thought it was a deal then, but now...damn. It'll NEVER be that cheap again.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-25-2011, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post

- Crafting
if you have not crafted yet, it's time to start RIGHT NOW!
Grind your crafting up ASAP, there will be dilithium cost attached to many items (all the good ones anyway), so if you have not crafted yet, make sure to get that Crafting Skill up, or soon it will cost you a bunch of dilithium just for leveling the number up (with low level items that you don't need anyway!).
And this goes for ALL your Chars, since dilithium cost will apply to all Chars and you can not trade dilithium.
The Times of sending your anomalies to your Fleetcrafter are OVER.
The Times of mailing your anomalies to your own main Crafter are OVER!
Now every char needs to be a Crafter for himself.

If you already have maxed your crafting skill, make sure to craft what you can NOW, they are adding the time gated dilithium grind to crafting so it is better to get the items while the old rules still apply.
You forgot "Craft Aegis while you can because other craft dilithium prices WILL GO DOWN but Aegis will always be high on the dilithium".