Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
10-27-2011, 06:59 AM
Funny i run 90fps in esd it never lags but some times sto doesnt work well with some multicore systems....
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-27-2011, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superluminous
What is your:

Video card (brand type model number)

screen resolution

windows version

do you allow disck caching on your hard drive

is your video card driver up to date?

How long has it been since your last clean windows install?
Nvidia 9800 GT
Stepping up to 1920x1080 from 1366x768. Only ESD caused consistent problems, hiccups elsewhere randomly.
Win7
Yes
Yes
About 2 Months. Though it might as well be a year; I rarely install and constantly prune, defrag, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xth3xr34p3rx View Post
what cpu do you have on your system and how much ram do you have on your system? have you maxed out the video memory allocation under troubleshooting to you cards vram size?
I know my CPU's old, and I figure it might the problem, but its an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ and I have 3 GB of RAM. I have no idea what the last sentence even means.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
I know my CPU's old, and I figure it might the problem, but its an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ and I have 3 GB of RAM.
That might be your problem. Extra RAM wouldn't hurt. Nor would a better processor. :p
Quote:
I have no idea what the last sentence even means.
Neither do I.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-27-2011, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Nvidia 9800 GT
Stepping up to 1920x1080 from 1366x768. Only ESD caused consistent problems, hiccups elsewhere randomly.
Win7
Yes
Yes
About 2 Months. Though it might as well be a year; I rarely install and constantly prune, defrag, etc.
I know my CPU's old, and I figure it might the problem, but its an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ and I have 3 GB of RAM. I have no idea what the last sentence even means.
Ok, my last build was dual 9800's and with those I had a little choppy choppy in esd prior to launch (back in beta) I fixed it by turning off disk caching. (shared caching too) I wouldn't turn this off unless you have a large cache disk drive (16mb is nice) AND at least 4 gigs, preferably 8 gigs system memory.

Right click the drive in device manager and under its properties, turn off disk caching and shared disk caching.

I now use twin 6870's with a total of 3 gigs of ram betwen the two.

The game is smooth as butter, even with all settings maxed out.

If you can't afford twin 6870's, one is more than powerful enough to max the display settings and still remain awesome..

p.s. if you arent runnign windows 7 64bit, then you are not taking advantage of the memory and processing capabilities of your system.