Lt. Commander
# 11
10-25-2011, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
On cruisers, I dont go for the broadside. I use Three DBB and a QTorp up front and three mean arrays and QTorp in the rear, no problems, no worries.
I agree, though fan of rear turrets myself. Compliments forward-facing DPS without a meaningful drop in overall DPS... and of course, I like the decisive power of Tricobalts (noting that the Assault Cruiser and Galaxy-X don't have a huge Tactical BOFF selection to fit in Spread or High Yield 3), but that is with the Lance able to rip shields off instantly. Assault Cruisers don't have that advantage.

90% of the time, Lance + Tricobalt in an alpha strike is all I need to silence any enemy, no matter how resilient.

To each their own.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-26-2011, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaishin
I agree, though fan of rear turrets myself. Compliments forward-facing DPS without a meaningful drop in overall DPS... and of course, I like the decisive power of Tricobalts (noting that the Assault Cruiser and Galaxy-X don't have a huge Tactical BOFF selection to fit in Spread or High Yield 3), but that is with the Lance able to rip shields off instantly. Assault Cruisers don't have that advantage.

90% of the time, Lance + Tricobalt in an alpha strike is all I need to silence any enemy, no matter how resilient.

To each their own.
I used to use turrets in the aft, but I was looking at the amount of skil points required to use Beams/Torps/Cannons and turrets to make it work. I also wasnt crazy about the energy use of all weapons at once (especially after BO3).
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-26-2011, 12:52 PM
Quote:
I used to use turrets in the aft, but I was looking at the amount of skil points required to use Beams/Torps/Cannons and turrets to make it work. I also wasnt crazy about the energy use of all weapons at once (especially after BO3).
BO3 is a non factor on Assault Cruisers. Can't use it.

As for points, I can build an Assault Cruiser perfectly capable of having 9s in all necessary and "nice-to-haves" with the use of both beams and cannons.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-26-2011, 03:32 PM
Quote:
BO3 is a non factor on Assault Cruisers. Can't use it.

As for points, I can build an Assault Cruiser perfectly capable of having 9s in all necessary and "nice-to-haves" with the use of both beams and cannons.
Mistype, I meant BO2, sorry.

Yes, but can you do it withBeam/Cannon/Torp at all nines AND the "nice to haves"?? Probably not.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-26-2011, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Mistype, I meant BO2, sorry.

Yes, but can you do it withBeam/Cannon/Torp at all nines AND the "nice to haves"?? Probably not.
If posting my build openly here weren't such a risk in PvP, I'd happily share how these things are done.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-27-2011, 05:59 PM
Quote:
If posting my build openly here weren't such a risk in PvP, I'd happily share how these things are done.
It's not like you can't figure out how to e-mail it to me on in-game mail
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-27-2011, 09:58 PM
Tac Team is useful vs Borg because it removes "Assimilate Ship" which randomly resets your GCD when you use an ability. Very useful.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-28-2011, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairchilde
Tac Team is useful vs Borg because it removes "Assimilate Ship" which randomly resets your GCD when you use an ability. Very useful.
You act as though any borg ship is actually going to live long enough for that to matter.

Even on Elite mode, anything that isn't a mothership or tactical cube will be destroyed in 1-2 volleys.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-28-2011, 12:02 PM
Quote:
You act as though any borg ship is actually going to live long enough for that to matter.

Even on Elite mode, anything that isn't a mothership or tactical cube will be destroyed in 1-2 volleys.
Even if they do, I've never really been bothered by what assimilate ship does.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Quote:

You must not do Kerrat much.