Lt. Commander
# 11
10-25-2011, 07:54 PM
It's a Tier 2 Cruiser. So, the Tier 1 TOS Constitution skin doesn't match it.

I have a beef with the model itself:
- The blunted-cone bridge is disappointing.
- I feel the neck torpedo launcher is a bit too understated.
- I don't see any aft torpedo launcher. Only pimples.
- I like the ventral saucer cannons/dual beams, which have a very TOS/Ent feel to them. I think it's however unfortunate that the ship lacks the cannon ports shown on the Thunderchild.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-25-2011, 08:04 PM
I like the Exeter class, though of course I immediately swapped the skin to the Connie Refit. :-)

The only thing I didn't like about the Emissions Seeking Torpedo is that you can't fire it unless you have an uncloaked target to lock onto first. That means that you can't actually use it the way it was used in the movie. If you could, it would make for a nice way to check to see if there was a cloaked ship nearby (albeit, one that's on bit of a timer). If Enterprise-A had been unable to fire it unless there was an uncloaked enemy ship nearby, Chang would have destroyed them and the Excelsior. :-)

But it's still pretty neat.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-25-2011, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoberraz View Post
It's a Tier 2 Cruiser. So, the Tier 1 TOS Constitution skin doesn't match it.

I have a beef with the model itself:
- The blunted-cone bridge is disappointing.
- I feel the neck torpedo launcher is a bit too understated.
- I don't see any aft torpedo launcher. Only pimples.
- I like the ventral saucer cannons/dual beams, which have a very TOS/Ent feel to them. I think it's however unfortunate that the ship lacks the cannon ports shown on the Thunderchild.
i edited. had meant to say cruiser, not skin.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-26-2011, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotStuff_ST
I like the Exeter class, though of course I immediately swapped the skin to the Connie Refit. :-)

The only thing I didn't like about the Emissions Seeking Torpedo is that you can't fire it unless you have an uncloaked target to lock onto first. That means that you can't actually use it the way it was used in the movie. If you could, it would make for a nice way to check to see if there was a cloaked ship nearby (albeit, one that's on bit of a timer). If Enterprise-A had been unable to fire it unless there was an uncloaked enemy ship nearby, Chang would have destroyed them and the Excelsior. :-)

But it's still pretty neat.
Actually you can fire it without a target. You just have to have the specific torpedo on your hotbar with autofire turned off. Then you can just press it and it fires.

Its too much of a hassle though... It needs to autofire when you ht the spacebar.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-26-2011, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinRa_Actual View Post
Which is insufficient to test more than one or two of the 6-8 new ships thus far introduced. Including being able to test ships already unlocked, due to the character transfer limitations and C-Store unlocks not transferring at all.
I agree it's not sufficient to test all the ships. I had to choose the Exeter and the Intrepid refit.
Lt. Commander
# 16 Bumber
10-26-2011, 04:25 AM
It was listed as being able to use on cruiser but when I put it on my T5 Excelsior it did not work and suck you cant put it on the T2 Connie. Last if it is only a targeting system it should work with High Yield and Torpedoe Spread.

No Money form me tray agin.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-26-2011, 04:39 AM
I love the ship and console. Ive put the Console on my T5 Excelsior and been having fun with it. It fires all the time for me as long as its properly equipped.

I like how it makes the torp blink as it seeks...very nice effect...much like it was in the Movie.

I do think that the cool down is a tad long..and , considering the torp is hitting a cloaked ship..it would be cool if it did enough damage to be feared...right now it just lets you know the cloaked ship is there when it hits.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-26-2011, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Dr. Leonard McCoy
I love the ship and console. Ive put the Console on my T5 Excelsior and been having fun with it. It fires all the time for me as long as its properly equipped.

I like how it makes the torp blink as it seeks...very nice effect...much like it was in the Movie.

I do think that the cool down is a tad long..and , considering the torp is hitting a cloaked ship..it would be cool if it did enough damage to be feared...right now it just lets you know the cloaked ship is there when it hits.
In my mind the long cooldown takes into account that my chief medical officer and science officer/ XO just can't prep another torpedo in less time while cramped together into the launcher tube.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-26-2011, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostamojen View Post
Actually you can fire it without a target. You just have to have the specific torpedo on your hotbar with autofire turned off. Then you can just press it and it fires.

Its too much of a hassle though... It needs to autofire when you ht the spacebar.
Ive got my torpedoes on a separate key-bind it wont fire then either. But I did test turning off autofire and clicking the torpedo icon that worked. I hope this is a bug.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-26-2011, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frak View Post
However, another aspect of the test is that they're interested to see on what items players choose to spend their points.
LOL,im not spending my real money like freebies, on test server almost spend already 3200 cp and 170.000.000 ec.
If I want to test a ship, i will goto red-shirt.