Lt. Commander
# 31
11-01-2011, 12:33 PM
The C-Store descriptions have fallen back to the old usage where the first tier (Miranda) is T0.

That causes confusion.
Lt. Commander
# 32
11-01-2011, 05:15 PM
Can I have a T5 version of this pretty please?
Lt. Commander
# 33
11-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoberraz View Post
It's a Tier 2 Cruiser. So, the Tier 1 TOS Constitution skin doesn't match it.

I have a beef with the model itself:
- The blunted-cone bridge is disappointing.
- I feel the neck torpedo launcher is a bit too understated.
- I don't see any aft torpedo launcher. Only pimples.
- I like the ventral saucer cannons/dual beams, which have a very TOS/Ent feel to them. I think it's however unfortunate that the ship lacks the cannon ports shown on the Thunderchild.
You forgot to mention it doesn't come with an "Undiscovered Country" bridge and Interior set.
Lt. Commander
# 34 Would buy
11-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartzilla2007 View Post
Can I have a T5 version of this pretty please?
I would buy a 5 version of this.
Lt. Commander
# 35
11-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
Lemme try to explain this.

The reason they aren't letting you test willy-nilly is because they're using this as an opportunity to gauge what people are willing to buy. They intend to use this information to direct future C-Store items.

I'm sure they're happy you're willing to test everything, but they don't need individuals to test everything. Which brings me to another point; they also probably did it this way because they assumed that with so many people testing, that even with limited points, each ship would eventually be tested by somebody. It's a gamble, sure, but looking purely at weight of numbers, it's a safe one.

What they ought to do is put these ships on Redshirt, too, so that folks like you can go thoroughly test them and avoid the C-Store market research.

Me personally, I'm playing it the way they want; i'm on;ly buying what I want, and if it's something new, I'll test it at the same time.
Whatever their reasoning, it still comes over as cheap shot at our wallets. And that never looks good. No matter their intentions.
Lt. Commander
# 36
11-12-2011, 03:07 PM
I'm sure somebody else has already suggested this, but I would love to see this skin become available for the T5 Excelsior (obviously you wouldn't be able to mix-and-match parts, but that doesn't bother me). I believe there are many others who would appreciate this, and it would boost your sales!
Lt. Commander
# 37
11-21-2011, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
As would I! I saw this ship just now and bought it on the spot! Best looking ship I've seen in the franchise in a long time. Looks like what the "reboot" ship should have. Coupled with slightly updated/customized STO uniforms and a smaller/classic "pilot/navigator/single capt chair/stations on the perimeter" bridge this is the ultimate STO experience for me. Updated, yet retro.
Lt. Commander
# 38
11-21-2011, 08:56 AM
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how quickly a thread about a ship bearing even a slight resemblance to a connie can degrade into a "we want T5 connie" thread.

For crying out loud stop asking. Its never going to happen. CBS wont allow it.
Lt. Commander
# 39
11-25-2011, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
As would I. I think the blended aesthetic of the classic TMP look + Abrams Enterprise look is growing on me.
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-14-2012, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagardon_Kahn
As would I. I think the blended aesthetic of the classic TMP look + Abrams Enterprise look is growing on me.
as would I! that is, I would buy the exeter AND the excelsior (since i dont own it) to use it if T5, ive been wanting a TOS inspired T5 since launch