Lt. Commander
Official Norgh Refit Feedback Thread

Give us your feedback, comments, or concerns about this ship and it's console!
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-25-2011, 06:46 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-25-2011, 06:59 PM
Some feedback on the Disruptor Quads:

Their current stats are pathetic in comparison to other weapons of the same tier you're using. In fact I have a rare set of dual heavies at mark VI that do more Damage and DPS than the quads on Tribble, this is while I'm Captain, if the cannons level up with you, then a commander level weapon should not out damage it especially if i'm not specked into the dual's energy type.
  • Damage is insignificant. Lower tier weapons of unspeced energy types are doing more DPS and DPV.
  • Unique one per ship is uncalled for, in fact i'd fire the guy who thought it was a good idea.
  • -10 to engines is far too much of a handicap, they shouldn't have any negative engine modifier, if they're also going to reduce weapon power when firing.
  • visual effect is good, I'd like to see a few more pulses though, and I'd like the pulses to be larger, and more substantial, like the defiant's quads in the series'.
  • audio effect is horrible, they should sound beefy, heavy, "WHOMP WHOMP WHOMP WHOMP" cannons not "pew pew".

Also: I agree with Blackavaar, I'll only be testing using free test points, this is not pay to test beta.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-25-2011, 07:28 PM
Where are you getting the "whomp whomp" from? They are supposed to sound like they do from the shows
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-25-2011, 07:51 PM
there were never disruptor quads in the show...
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-25-2011, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
there were never disruptor quads in the show...
Yeh, true. You have a point there.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-25-2011, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
[*]Unique one per ship is uncalled for, in fact i'd fire the guy who thought it was a good idea.[/list]
This part, is a deal-breaker. If I can only mount one, then it's not worth it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-25-2011, 09:10 PM
I like everything about the quad cannons except the damage. As has been said repeatedly already, the damage is underwhelming. If I'm going to have to suffer from engine as well as weapon power loss, I'd like to at least get solid damage out of the thing to compensate, otherwise you might as well equip regular duals or dual heavys.

Now, that being said, I still use them even though I can equip much better stuff, because they look so cool. So, good job in that regard!
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-25-2011, 09:32 PM
The damage from the Quads is a joke. Damage needs to scale up with character level and receive a substantial base damage boost. As is, damage is far too low compared to DCs or DHCs of the same rank and grade.

Sound FX I'm not sure of, they don't sound like any other Klingon weapon but then there have never been Quad Cannons before. Personally, I would prefer a more 'powerful' sound.

I generally like the visual effects, especially the fact that multiple firing points are used. I have heard though that the multiple firing points do not carry over to other hulls. If true that is a major strike.

Unique status...

I'm inclined to say it is unwarranted at this time. If the base damage is increased and made to scale with character level then it would be justified.

Regardless, the engine drain needs to go, it is in no way justified.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-26-2011, 12:11 AM
The damage does need to scale, right now I would say the quad cannons are not worth using if your able to equip purple XI dual cannons instead