Lt. Commander
# 11
10-26-2011, 01:02 AM
The Quad Cannons do not seem to be that impressive damage-wise by all accounts.
I am unsure about the "unique" property. Some posts seem to suggest that it's enough to equip a single one to get the VFX for _all_ weapons, even if you equip Dual Cannons and Dual Heavy Cannons.

The -10 Engine power aspect seems uncalled for. Even if the weapon would be Mark XII [DMG]x3, as basically Dual Cannons, they are still weaker than a Dual Heavy Cannon of the same spec. But even if it was the very same damage, there doesn't seem to be good reason for that -10 energy.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-26-2011, 01:20 AM
in the tailor screen the advanced ship part lists the new refit as plus one (this affects many of the new ships) and there is no costume option on the left hand side.

i do think the cannons should not be unique, or at the very least allow people to get quads in game, because many will want to equip 2 or 3 cannons to make it look uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-26-2011, 01:59 AM
Well I statet my opinion already, but I'll sumarise it here again:

1. Like others said: The damage isnt really better then any other weapons... seems to me that its actually WEAKER then other DMGX3 weapons. No point in buying it.
Especially since the engine drain makes them sigificantly WEAKER then any other cannon in the game.
Dont get me wrong: I love the Idea of those "most powerfull cannons" draining energy from the engines, but the output must compensate for that price, otherwise it doesnt make any sense.

2. They are unique... while I have no really an issue with it on KDF side... its a no-go on fed side. The whole point of the cannons is make the Defaints visuals become closer to its on-screen counterpart.
And quiet and simply: ONE quad cannon does not do that.
You'd have to equip 3 of them to have the front arc "canon" (well actually, IMO, you'd have to equip 2 quads and 2 quatum torpedo launchers fireing simultaniuously... and I'm not even speaking of the rear weapons..).
The option would be having ONE quad cannon changing the visuals in general.
In the current state they simply do not deliver what they were build for.

3. The sound... they sound much less impressive then simple usual disruptors (wich sound awsome). Although... I know others like it, for some reason, for me they sound like Antiprotion-ground-weopons look: like cheap toys.

4. Visuals... To be honest I tried them only on my Hegh'ta class Raider since thats my fav. ingame ship... and... may be I expectet to much but it was a disapointment to me.
That ship has 4 (5 if you count the additional weapon on the outer wings) visible sets on DUAL cannons.
But only 2 sets of them are used be any wepons = you just see 2 sets EVER fireing.
I really hoped the quads would use at least ONE of the formally dead weapon hardpoints, but it just uses the exact same usual duals and usual dual heavys use, just both at the same time.
I really hoped that this additional cannons would finally stop beeing useless..
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-26-2011, 02:02 AM
I Like It!!

Very sharp looking little ships.. Snap turns like nobodys biz.. Did notice there are no windows showing anywhere that I could notice which is nothing I particularly object to. But if they are supposed to be there, then they're not showing. must see what this ship looks like in Reman shields..

I see some complaints about the quad cannons... I'm having quite a bit different experience with them..
My Cmdr thats actually flys the ship has diffinatly noticed the increase in firepower over regular dual cannon and heavy dual cannon. I like the the firing visual doesnt get "lost in the glare" and I like the sound they make.

I currently have 2 KDF LtG's one Eng, one Sci on tribble and they both mount them forward on Vor'cha Battle Cruiser Retrofits where they cause just as much damage as the Dual Heavys, and actually help me know I am firing at the right target. AT LtG rank they apparently cause just a hair more base damage then Dual Heavys (but I also have monted to be the first firing weapon so that makes a little bit of difference in the damage out put. And I like that they do thier thing for a little less power penalty then Dual heavys while significnantly out performing regular dual cannon. They may not have the accuracy Crit or crit damage bonuses of the bigger weapons but they apparently chew throughshields like nobodys biz leaving things wide open for the Dual Heavy shots to come in and ring chimes. I put our a very respectable volume of fire that only gets nastier the closer I get to the target..

I only wish I could mount more then one! *evil grin!*

I have got to get my self a fighter and try them out there!
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-26-2011, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF View Post
I have got to get my self a fighter and try them out there!
Can't be equipped on fighters.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-26-2011, 03:46 AM
The quad disruptor cannons feel underwhelming. The look amazing though, and sound pretty cool.

They either need to deal more damage, or have the -10 engine penalty removed.

My pipedream is that instead of the default Quad DIsruptor Cannon coming with the ship, we get a token that lets us choose our flavour of weapon (i.e Quad Antiproton or Quad Tetryon), so that we can maintain a uniformity in our ship's weaponstype even if we want to use Quad Cannons - on Holodeck my Klingon guy is all about Antiproton weapons - I can't decide if I like the quad disruptors enough to break that and stick some effctively random Quad Disruptor cannons on him.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-26-2011, 03:57 AM
Well with the upcoming skill changes it might be incentive to mix aps with dis anyway... but still you are right: The Quads should be available for all energy weapon types.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-26-2011, 04:10 AM
The not scaling factor is a major issue. It is a pay to get ship and like the connie weapons the Quad-Cannons must auto level with you. Simple as that. The fact that your purple/rare weapons will out DPS a special item/ability is very disencouraging to get this ship. As long as the weapons do not scale it is a no go for me to even look at this ship.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-26-2011, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elnaith View Post
The not scaling factor is a major issue. It is a pay to get ship and like the connie weapons the Quad-Cannons must auto level with you. Simple as that. The fact that your purple/rare weapons will out DPS a special item/ability is very disencouraging to get this ship. As long as the weapons do not scale it is a no go for me to even look at this ship.
i think they do scale.

when i claimed the tier 3 ship at max rank i got a mark x weapon.

now i dont think they scale above x,, so no xi, and you may find you have to discharge the ship, then claim it again every time you level up as im not sure if the weapons level up each time but you should be able to keep them from tier 3-5 quite easily.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-26-2011, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i think they do scale.

when i claimed the tier 3 ship at max rank i got a mark x weapon.

now i dont think they scale above x,, so no xi, and you may find you have to discharge the ship, then claim it again every time you level up as im not sure if the weapons level up each time but you should be able to keep them from tier 3-5 quite easily.
Lets compare stats then and see.

I claimed it at Commander 9 and got a Mk X purple QHC doing 158 disruptor damage (211 DPS).

Next?