Lt. Commander
# 21
10-26-2011, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaf View Post
Right, its an alien ship, not an Earth Ship. I was using the Klingons as examples, since I can't spell the Romulan ship names. Alien ships need to sound alien. Orions are not Human.
Then what name would you use that sounds Orion? What names are Orion?

To be honest I am unfamiliar with any Orion names.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keppoch

I have no idea. All the Orions in the shows have spoken english.

Besides why are Klingon ships named I.K.S.? Imperial Klingon Ship? Shouldn't that be in Klingon too?
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-26-2011, 11:29 AM
My issues with the Corsair Flight Deck Cruiser, are not with the ship it's self, it is with the Tachyon Drone. And it's simple really..

You can only Deploy 1 Pet. When normal Carriers you can deploy 2 Waves.

When you Equip the Pet to either the Vor'quv or the Kar'fi, they do not spawn at all. Regardless of Target, or Range.
(And yes, I have Bug Reported this issue: Successfully submitted ticket ID #21,569)

They also will not Deploy with no target like other Carrier Pets are able to deploy.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-26-2011, 11:34 AM
Quote:

Wanderer-class V
Harrad-Sar's Barge (although that was a modified unit commanded by Harrad Sar)
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-26-2011, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
I have no idea. All the Orions in the shows have spoken english.

Besides why are Klingon ships named I.K.S.? Imperial Klingon Ship? Shouldn't that be in Klingon too?
I'm just saying that Corsair is to Earthy, given its place in History.

Maybe something like the Obeck Flight carrier, or something along thoes lines. I don't want to make a huge stink out of it, I'm just saying the name just doesn't sit right.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-26-2011, 11:53 AM
Quote:

Maybe something like the Obeck Flight carrier, or something along thoes lines. I don't want to make a huge stink out of it, I'm just saying the name just doesn't sit right.
I've just come to accept that they are not REALLY named like that. It's just a translated name.
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-26-2011, 12:05 PM
Quote:
I don't think so at all. "Corsair" is just another word for "Pirate", which is the motif of the Orion Syndicate. If you want to start on geocentricities, there are far better opportunities in Star Trek canon...
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-27-2011, 06:28 AM
Quote:

Here is a source of Info
http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Orion_language

and here is another:
http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Th...mmon_Knowledge

and here is one more
http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Vyun-pashan
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-27-2011, 12:11 PM
I'm not only fine with the current naming convention the developers have chosen for Orion starships, I actually like it.

After all, both Klingon and Romulans have 'Bird of Prey' class vessels, so why not have Orions use Decoit, Corsair, and Marauder as ship classes? Makes them interesting!

Like the Decoit, I like the overall ship design of the Corsair, and feel that it is a tremendous improvement over previous NPC ship designs for Orions.

Tachyon Drones: very effective for dropping enemy shields quickly, but neither as fast as, nor as good at the various regular fighter jobs, as Orion Interceptors. So it makes sense that you can swap them with eachother, assuming that you had a Decoit before you got the Corsair.

A possible issue with the drones is that they are even slower and less capable of keeping up with the Corsair than the Orion Interceptors are.

As with the Decoit, I am a little dissapointed that the Corsair cannot equip cannons, as the design implies that it has them, but then again, like the Decoit, the Corsair is very obviously a cruiser type ship, so I guess that not having cannons is understandable. Still, this is not a major issue.

All in all, if the Marauder provides a similar experiance once I can get one, then I am very happy with the Orion progression of ships. I do hope that when the I.K.S. opens up the lower levels, that Orion Lieutenant and Lieutenant Commander ship equivilents become available as well. Hmmm... the Interceptors are good to get at Commander level, and as effective as the Tachyon Drones are at helping drop shields faster, I wouldn't want to see them at earlier. And Heavy Fighters or Assault Fighters sound more suitable cor Captain or higher as well, so I'm not sure what Lt or Lt Cmdr ships might get in their hangers. Assuming they even have hangers, which they might not.

Again, since Orion and Gorn ships are fairly race specific in origin, I'd like to see C-Store options for race specific interiors as well to reflect both races since they both seem to have a design ethic leaning either towards artistic and decadent (Orions) or sleek and utilitarian (Gorn). As with the TOS Constitution inerior, it would also be appropriate if their were a heavy bias towards placing appropriately attired Orion or Gorn NPCs in these ineriors as well.
Lt. Commander
# 30 The Epicness
11-07-2011, 03:53 AM
After testing the Dacoit and Corsair flight deck cruisers i can safely say that they are the funnest ships I've flown. The Orion Interceptors are useful, while they don't put out noticeable dps their debuff is useful. The tachyon drones are just plain fun with single targets or even a few, ( Decimates shields leaving them wide open for my torpedo: high yield ) they have decent survivability considering EVERYTHING shoots at them as soon as they are deployed. Both ships have awesome survivability and decent firepower by themselves, i should also mention that for a cruiser the speed and maneuverability of them are really good with the skill Starship Impulse Thrusters. They just look plain awesome, can't say anything that has already been said... so when i look at the marauder I'm like... ugh... i don't think so. Don't know about some people but i prefer the one thing thing I look at the most in the game other than your ground character to look appealing. This creates some conflict when i want a tier 5 ship and I want an appealing ship... you have to admit the T5 c-store carriers aren't the most appealing ships, although they can look kind of cool in from a different perspective. Function is important... but if it looks awesome, especially considering their the most expensive ships available, even more so now, would go a long way to getting me to buy them, actually I would most definitely buy it if they looked anywhere near as good as the Dacoit and Corsair or you can just make a new skin for the Marauder although some people would complain about buying the ship then having to buy a skin to make it look good i would definitely get it though. Anyways the Dacoit and Corsair are a step in the right direction and I'd make a new character just to play though with them again when F2P launches.