Lt. Commander
Deadly Intentions

By Sovereign77x

A Three-Part Series (30 to 45 minutes per mission on normal difficulty)

Synopsis:
One of the most brilliant scientists in the Federation has defected to the Klingon Empire, and he's taken some of the Federation's most classified and dangerous technology with him! You must stop him by whatever means necessary...

Greeting STO Community,

I am a new Foundry author, and this is my first mission series. After putting these missions through multiple reviews, and polishing them to a near spit-shine, I would love to get the feedback and participation of the STO community at large. I know that your gaming hours are limited; you have hundreds of Foundry missions to choose from...so why should you play this series?

It's the story.

I love telling stories, and my desire to tell this story is the original reason I set out to learn the Foundry. I wanted to create a mission that would feel at home in a modern-day techno-political drama (think Michael Crichton meets Tom Clancy). This mission series explores issues like radicalism, bio-terrorism, and genocide. I believe that serious crises often require difficult choices to resolve, and that's what you'll find at the end of this adventure.

This mission series is not for everyone. If you don't enjoy reading, you should consider different Foundry mission offerings. That's not to say there isn't some good action here--I've received multiple compliments on the combination of space and ground combat included in these missions--but the action is there to serve the story, not vice versa.

Among players who enjoy a good combination of story and action, this series has consistently received 4 and 5 star reviews. It also recently won a place on the Nagus List. But the highest praise I've received are the comments people have made about moments in the dialogue that "creeped them out", or the friend who audibly gasped over Ventrilo when he read a particular character's turn-of-phrase.

These missions are meant to be played by a variety of players at various difficulty levels. I have played them all at the elite difficulty setting, and it is possible to complete them at that level without enduring an attrition slog. Nevertheless, even experienced players will need to exercise prudence and careful strategy at the elite setting. Even on normal difficulty these missions can offer a fair challenge.

I sincerely hope that you will enjoy playing these missions as much as I've enjoyed making them. I look forward to hearing your thoughts and receiving your constructive feedback. Thanks for your willingness to consider my work!
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-26-2011, 12:16 AM
Reserved for mission changes and updates based on community feedback.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Great story and wonderful special effects, the fighting was a challenge. Great series.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-26-2011, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keigetsu
Great story and wonderful special effects, the fighting was a challenge. Great series.
Agree! I highly recommend this series
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-27-2011, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keigetsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Agree! I highly recommend this series.
I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thank you for your support and acknowledgement. I think I speak for all Foundry authors when I say that it is greatly appreciated!
Lt. Commander
# 6 Thank you!
11-04-2011, 05:26 PM
The Deadly Intentions mission series has been out for a little while now, and so far the reception from the STO community has been wonderful. Here are a just a few of the positive reviews this series has received:

"Brilliant!"

"Great storyline and well put together elements."

"Engaging plotline that we don't see everyday."

"Excellent mission. Great story and action. Great job!"

"Wow!...Your map design and execution is simply fantastic."

"One of the best missions I have ever played."

I am humbled by the tremendous support of the STO community. Between the positive feedback, and the constructive criticism, your participation makes all the time and effort that goes into these missions a worthwhile investment.

If you haven't had a chance to play the series yet, I'd love to know what you think! Take a look at the first episode and decide for yourself.
Lt. Commander
# 7 Play the entire series!
11-04-2011, 05:50 PM
I played these missions and reviewed them for Sovereign77x. They are some of the best community authored missions I have played. His story writing and map design are excellent. I highly recommend the entire series.

Brian
Lt. Commander
I have spent the last several days editing this mission series and I put the new changes into effect last night. For those who have played this series before, I would be interested in knowing what you think! If you have accepted these missions within the last few days, but have not gotten around to playing them, I highly recommend dropping them and then re-accepting them again (this will ensure you're playing the most current versions). Here are some of the highlights from the recent updates:

Deadly Intentions - Part 1

This episode has needed a little love for quite some time to bring it up to the standard of the second and third episodes in the series. I have added some additional content to discover, including a temporary Klingon laboratory that adds a disturbing angle to the story. I have also created a few new characters to add a little weight to the narrative.

Deadly Intentions - Part 2

This is the revision I'm most excited about. I have remastered the interior map of the Borg cube so that the Borg behave much more believably. I have also added several optional interactive elements. The final boss battle in this map has been greatly improved, and should have a much more epic feeling to it.

Deadly Intentions - Part 3

Not too much has changed in terms of gameplay, but I've made some improvements to the maps and added a few fun surprises. For those who have discovered the Easter egg at the end of the mission, go back and have another look...I've added a new twist that should send a shiver down your spine!

Thanks again for all you support. I continue to be thrilled and humbled by the positive feedback from the STO community!
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-12-2011, 10:50 AM
Today I am going to make my daily with your missions! I let you know what I think in the in game review.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerritouru View Post
Today I am going to make my daily with your missions! I let you know what I think in the in game review.
Wonderful! I hope you enjoy them.