Lt. Commander
I finally got around to testing my Deadly Intentions mission series in light of the recent Season 5 update, and much to my dismay the third mission in my series is now broken. Even more frustrating, I can't get into the Foundry to fix it, or even pull it down! For once, I'm actually hoping that nobody plays that mission for the next several days (with all the focus on the new features of Season 5, I might be in luck). If you're reading this and interested in my missions, the first two seem to be working fine but the third is broken; please do not play that mission for the time being (I'll post an update as soon as the problem is resolved).
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-02-2011, 07:07 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, sir. Can you tell us what broke? It might help other (like the devs) figure out what's wrong.

Or at least where to look for what's wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-02-2011, 07:22 PM
I'd be happy to (I actually posted this under the bug reports as well). On the second-to-last map, the player is required to interact with two consoles to bring down a forcefield and confront the final boss. One of these consoles has mysteriously gone missing (along with a few other objects on the map). As such, the mission can no longer be completed. I have already started to get negative reviews that are brining the score down, and I have asked Cryptic to withdraw the mission until the Foundry is reopened and I have the chance to fix it.
Lt. Commander
After the long and painful hiatus of the Foundry editor, I have finally been able to repair the bugs that appeared in Part 3 of the Deadly Intentions series when Season 5 went live. These bugs had made the mission unbeatable by randomly moving some important objects into the ceiling of one of my ground maps. The problem is now fixed, and the mission can once again be completed (I have tested it twice). While it was disheartening to see the mission drop from a coveted top three position in the ratings, I am grateful for Cryptic's help in temporarily pulling the mission down over the weekend to minimize the one star reviews. If you haven't played my series already, give it look! I'd love to get your feedback and suggestions in this thread.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-07-2011, 08:53 AM
Bravo to your attention to detail and your taking ownership of the design.
This makes me wanna play hooky from work to go and play it. LOL

I will definitely give this a whirl within the week!
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereign77x View Post
Thanks, Brian. I've actually added a lot of content/improvements since the last time you played the series. On the bright side, the first two missions seem to have weathered the transition just fine. I'd love to get your thoughts on the changes when you're not busy reviewing other missions.
Federation Mission: Deadly Intentions - Part 1
Author: Sovereign77x
Allegiance: Federation
Mission ID: ST-HENIFDVMI

Federation Mission: Deadly Intentions - Part 2
Mission ID: ST-HG3P4W905

Federation Mission: Deadly Intentions - Part 3
Mission ID: ST-HTEOX3GQ3

----------Report Start-----------

Summary: Well I just got done replaying "Deadly Intentions - A Techno-Political Thriller" all three parts and I have to say Sovereign77x has done an outstanding job. The additional objects in the first mission were spot on. The few corrections I recommended from my previous reports were taken care of.

As you may have noticed this is not in my typical in-depth mission critique report. Well I have reviewed these missions previously and Sovereign77x to take another look to see the improvements and corrections he made to all three. As indicated above he did a great job! So instead of redoing the entire report format I felt I would summarize the single item I found that I felt he should consider correcting. It is in mission part 2 on the "U.S.S. Alexandria" map.

I would definitely the entire series to anyone who likes a great and compelling story dialog along with epic battles. You are missing out on a great series if you donít play this mission.

Part 2, MAPS:
U.S.S. Alexandria: Great map design with excellent story dialog. I noted only one issue to consider changing;
-In the mission tasking following the interrogation of Dr. Araisa the task refers to the Admiral Denai as "Admieral Denai".

---------End Report----------

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review all of your work. As Iíve said before I look forward to playing more of your work in the future.
Brian

This critique report also filed 12/07/2011 on forum posting for: In depth mission reports upon request.
Lt. Commander
# 27 Thank you!
12-08-2011, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMikeHardy View Post
Bravo to your attention to detail and your taking ownership of the design.
This makes me wanna play hooky from work to go and play it. LOL

I will definitely give this a whirl within the week!
Thanks! I hope you enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil70th
Well I just got done replaying "Deadly Intentions - A Techno-Political
Thriller"
all three parts and I have to say Sovereign77x has done an outstanding job. The additional objects in the first mission were spot on. The few corrections I recommended from my previous reports were taken care of.
Brian,

Thanks for doing another run-through on my missions! I know you are incredibly busy, and it means a lot that you would take the time to play through this series a second time. As always, I've taken swift action to strike down the typo you discovered.
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereign77x View Post
]
Brian,

Thanks for doing another run-through on my missions! I know you are incredibly busy, and it means a lot that you would take the time to play through this series a second time. As always, I've taken swift action to strike down the typo you discovered.
You've done a great job with this mission series. It was a pleasure to play.
Brian
Lt. Commander
# 29 Another Podcast UGC Review!
12-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Podcast UGC has done another review of Deadly Intentions! This time, they took a look at the second episode in the series. Among the things that they enjoyed most about the episode were the big plot twist, as well as my custom work on the enemies you fight. Give it a listen by clicking here. It also seems that they will review the third and final episode in the series next week!
Lt. Commander
# 30 The Final Podcast UGC Review!
12-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Podcast UGC has posted their review of the third and final installment of the Deadly Intentions series! Both Havraha and NemesisChicken raved about the story, which they described as highly professional with nothing contrived. They also appreciated the hard decisions the player is required to face, as well as the "explosive" resolution to the story arc. They both gave the series a strong endorsement, and recommended that anyone looking for a serious mission give it try. So what are you waiting for? Do it, do it NOW! Give their review a listen by clicking here. And if you haven't checked out this series already, I hope you'll give it a chance. I'd love to get your feedback.