Lt. Commander
# 1 DOff System Active Roster
10-26-2011, 03:02 AM
DOff System Active Roster Bug Report

Quote:
Bug: Cannot put more than 1 Armory Officer in the active ground roster in the DOff system.
Quote:
Desription: I can put multiple of any other field as long as it is not a duplicate person. I.E. I can have 5 Projectile Weapons Officers in my space roster. But when it comes to Armory Officers for the gorund, I can only place 1. It doesn't matter if they are different name, species, rarity, nothing.
Quote:
Category: DOff System Active Roster
Quote:
How To Reproduce: Try to put more than 1 Armory Officer in the Ship Duty/Ground Tab with the talent, "Chance to beam down additional security turret." No matter what differences there are in the DOffs, you can only have 1.
Quote:
Quote:
Thoughts: This is the only restriction on Doff ability stacking I am aware of. I thought as long as you had a different DOff, basically not a duplicate, you could stake more than one ability for a higher chance, the others seem to allow this, is this a glitch?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-26-2011, 02:53 PM
Different specializations have different stacking rules. Generally it is 1 only or 3. We are working on ways to better communicate this in the UI.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-26-2011, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Different specializations have different stacking rules. Generally it is 1 only or 3. We are working on ways to better communicate this in the UI.
a while back in the DOff 101 i think you mentioned bonuses for having all; logical or telepathic or human... DOffs slotted, is this still in the works? or did i fall asleep drunk and the keyboard and dream that up?
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-26-2011, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohort View Post
a while back in the DOff 101 i think you mentioned bonuses for having all; logical or telepathic or human... DOffs slotted, is this still in the works? or did i fall asleep drunk and the keyboard and dream that up?
This was in the original plan, but it has currently been put on hold; the current complexity of the system seems to be more than enough at least at the moment.

We have the tech to add it in in the future if the system seems to wind up needing it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-26-2011, 04:06 PM
You know, just the idea of having an armory officer is so cool.

I'm picturing a someone who spends most of their time on the ship, reading, "Phasers and Power Cells", tweaking the pressure needed to activate a phaser burst, debating on StarFleet discussion groups about the merits of differing modulation frequencies versus Klingon battle armor, wound effects on Borg, and then at night they lovingly place their favorite phaser pistol, "Bessie" under their pillow and derive great comfort from that act.

So yea...armory officers need more love
Maybe another ability that gives your ground weapon an increased chance to proc, to simulate the extra love and care any good duty officer would give to the equipment they take care of.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-27-2011, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
This was in the original plan, but it has currently been put on hold; the current complexity of the system seems to be more than enough at least at the moment.

We have the tech to add it in in the future if the system seems to wind up needing it.
good to know thanks. i thought it was a bit ambitious