Lt. Commander
# 1 Can you go inside your ship
10-26-2011, 06:00 AM
Hi,

I was wondering if you can walk around the interior of your ship. I believe you can but I'm not sure how to do it.

I hope someone knows if this is possible.

Thanks

Steven
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-26-2011, 06:03 AM
On your minimap in the upper right-hand corner, there is a button with an arrow icon. Click the button to open up a dropdown menu. From here there is an option to beam up to your bridge.

Once on your bridge, look around for a red door (turbolift). You can take this to walk around your ship.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-26-2011, 06:06 AM
Thank you very much I can't wait to look around my ship

Thanks again!
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-26-2011, 06:10 AM
tell us how you liked it

*gets popcorn*
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-26-2011, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
tell us how you liked it

*gets popcorn*
Rrrred Alert, Shields Up!

/Riker

Lt. Commander
# 6
10-26-2011, 06:32 AM
I got inside my ship the other day, but for Vadm Sevrin though, 3 of his crew were duplicated 3x, it was funny at first seeing 9 crewmen on the bridge in packs of 3 each . not a joke, but sounds like one though.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-26-2011, 06:33 AM
I'm new, just starting playing last week, and just discovered this too.

It's pretty cool, but I'm guessing it's mostly like "housing" maybe? Doesn't really do anything but maybe I can eventually decorate the insides? I could be wrong.

Now, what would be fantastic is if other could be to my ship and while I was doing space missions, they could man certain stations and perform certain tasks.

I say this because my wife doesn't like flying the ships, but she's cool with doing ground missions. She said she'd play if she could just hang out in my ship and do stuff while I was donig space missions, then beam down with me to do ground missions. My son is along those same lines as well. Being 10, he just wants to run around and shoot stuff... not so much flying.

That would be epic and really add to the game. I know it probably wouldn't ever happen... but I think it'd be sweet.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-26-2011, 06:35 AM
Yeah, that's a bug that will be fixed as soon as they figure out what caused it (could be months or years).

As to your ship interior, if you want a different bridge, you can go to the ship tailor (should be one in ESD, DS9, and K7 at least). There will be an option for bridge, and you can choose from various bridges there. Some bridges are small (Miranda and Defiant packs), and a few are huge (the Sovereign pack).
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-26-2011, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by towani
I'm new, just starting playing last week, and just discovered this too.

It's pretty cool, but I'm guessing it's mostly like "housing" maybe? Doesn't really do anything but maybe I can eventually decorate the insides? I could be wrong.

Now, what would be fantastic is if other could be to my ship and while I was doing space missions, they could man certain stations and perform certain tasks.

I say this because my wife doesn't like flying the ships, but she's cool with doing ground missions. She said she'd play if she could just hang out in my ship and do stuff while I was donig space missions, then beam down with me to do ground missions. My son is along those same lines as well. Being 10, he just wants to run around and shoot stuff... not so much flying.

That would be epic and really add to the game. I know it probably wouldn't ever happen... but I think it'd be sweet.
Yeah. This won't happen.
See in space you character is your ship. There is no actual tiny you inside. When you are in space the enteror of your ship doesn't exist.
Although it is possible to invite others to your bridge and then leave. The map stays for your guests, the interior is in no way linked to your ship and diesn't go where your ship goes.
If your wife finally beams out she will be whereever she was before she visited your bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-26-2011, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by towani
Currently there's four things to ship interiors, one of which is broken:
Showing off Boffs (broken)
Mission replay in the ready room off the bridge. (On the beta server this is integrated into the mission UI instead)
Trophies, which you get from certain missions and accolades, can be displayed in the lounge (crew deck) and ready room. Large trophies can only be displayed in the lounge.
Shuttles. A bit less known, but if you need a shuttle, you can go down to the transporter room on your engineering deck and switch to any shuttle in your ship list. From the shuttle, you can go to its "bridge" and switch back to the ship you launched from.

As for the rest: Perpetual went bankrupt trying to figure out a way to photoshop together a believable mockup of what you're asking. Honestly, I think of all Cryptic's mistakes, not following Perpetual down that road was a wise move.