Lt. Commander
# 21
10-26-2011, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
/Dons tinfoil conspiracy fedora....

I bet the forums get wiped out thru "an accident" during the maintenence.

/removes tinfoil conspiracy fedora....
Taking bets now on whether the free VA ship token will magically vanish.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-26-2011, 07:21 PM
Quote:
/Dons tinfoil conspiracy fedora....

I bet the forums get wiped out thru "an accident" during the maintenence.

/removes tinfoil conspiracy fedora....
Lets be honest here.....they've never mentioned the forums before in a maintenance post....
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-26-2011, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
Lets be honest here.....they've never mentioned the forums before in a maintenance post....
Yeah they have. There have been a couple of times everything was down for a few hours. It was announced then, too. I'm just suspicious of the lack of F2P blog for a week now, combined with all of the outrage over crafting and a crappy Gold/Silver matrix. Makes me think someone has the forum degausser all primed up and ready to go.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-26-2011, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel_Falcon View Post
Hmm, his lack of specifics does alarm me. Gents prepare for the worst. level level up ASAP
It is not uncommon for them to not post notes; especially if all it is is back end hardware or account maintenance. Lighten up they will tell us when it goes F2P.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-26-2011, 07:44 PM
It's no problem. I seriously, seriously doubt that they'd sneak an update that big in, or covertly try to delete your feedback posts... But even if they did for whatever crazy reasons, they still can't keep us paying if they go and ruin the game. I'm sure some might stay out of love for the Star Trek series, but I also know a good amount of others, myself included, who will have no problem whatsoever cancelling our subs and just waiting out another certain Sci-Fi MMO that's due to be released in a couple months...

Let's just hope Cryptic can take a lesson from the fallen MMO's of the past. Major changes to an MMO's gameplay... Especially changes that 98% of your community is telling you to -not- do, WILL kill your game. It's your money Cryptic, totally up to you if you want to keep it or not.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Stop freaking out people it's just maintenance. For a few years, SWG was brought down daily, and with SOE you never know when the forums will go down or back up for that matter. This is just maintenance pure and simple. The F2P stuff is not even close to being ready to deploy. All you have to do is go over to Tribble and see for yourself.
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-26-2011, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowkiller75
Lord I Would Have They Would Put The Doff System Over Here On Holodeck. And Dulithum Well Just The Doff.....we Need Some Content 7months Is A Long Time
The DO system is still horribly broken. You don't want that steaming pile on Holodeck until they've spent the time to get it right.

* Rewards frequently change from what the mission window states they are.
* DO traits are still far too homogenized. On two different characters, almost my entire crew of 100 has the same traits.
* Missions and officers have a tendency to just vanish, with no clue as to why or where.
* Mission failure reporting is nearly non-existent.
* Casualty rates need a balance pass. Casualties should be on a per character basis, not an entire mission crew of 6 at once. Especially on a successful or critical success.
* DO 'cloning' is still a problem, despite tweaks. You should never see 3 of the same officer in a brand new cadre of 6 or 7.
* Mission lists frequently populate with missions that are as much as 20 levels above you.
* Mission lists frequently populate with missions that require officers you don't have, yet show as available instead of flagged as mission a requirement.

There is still quite a bit of work that needs to be done before this is allowed off of the test servers. Releasing it in it's current state would bury the forum in a QQ tsunami.
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-26-2011, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
They are bringing down the whole farm? New servers being installed?
I'd say this could be likely. We know that as it is, the servers can barely keep up when they release a featured episode with the current playerbase and equipment. Regardless it would be nice to get some confirmation on what really is happening, even if it is just a post saying "We're just rebooting the game daemon and doing some server cleanup, or if they are applying bugfix/exploit patches, or if they are indeed getting in new hardware.
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-26-2011, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMaster View Post

The DO system is still horribly broken. You don't want that steaming pile on Holodeck until they've spent the time to get it right.

* Rewards frequently change from what the mission window states they are.
* DO traits are still far too homogenized. On two different characters, almost my entire crew of 100 has the same traits.
* Missions and officers have a tendency to just vanish, with no clue as to why or where.
* Mission failure reporting is nearly non-existent.
* Casualty rates need a balance pass. Casualties should be on a per character basis, not an entire mission crew of 6 at once. Especially on a successful or critical success.
* DO 'cloning' is still a problem, despite tweaks. You should never see 3 of the same officer in a brand new cadre of 6 or 7.
* Mission lists frequently populate with missions that are as much as 20 levels above you.
* Mission lists frequently populate with missions that require officers you don't have, yet show as available instead of flagged as mission a requirement.

There is still quite a bit of work that needs to be done before this is allowed off of the test servers. Releasing it in it's current state would bury the forum in a QQ tsunami.
I agree it isn't ready to go yet but maybe dial back the harshness of "steaming pile"? Its not like Heretic said he was going to push it out in its currrent state and the guy is bustin his b@lls fixing things and actually responds to feedback.

Its not perfect but it isn't a steaming pile.
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-26-2011, 08:43 PM
Quote:
I agree it isn't ready to go yet but maybe dial back the harshness of "steaming pile"? Its not like Heretic said he was going to push it out in its currrent state and the guy is bustin his b@lls fixing things and actually responds to feedback.

Its not perfect but it isn't a steaming pile.
Agreed. DOffs certainly aren't anything easy to implement, and he's doing a great job with them.
Closed Thread