Lt. Commander
Hey there Guys, I was so excited with the way you previously revamped the Ground portion of the STF "Infected" that I decided to replay it last night, that's when I found out that something has gone horribly wrong.

All your fine work on the mission's finale (Deeper into Mystery) seems to have been erased from the game following some update,

Meaning that the Borg drones are once again free to spawn and respawn like Tribbles.

thankfully the bridges are still in effect but the major Brick wall Mechanic is the Borg's ability to respawn after they've been Defeated.

Thank you so much for caring about us.

I look forward to the Coming fix =)
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-26-2011, 03:03 PM
One more thing, I'm thrilled that you want to make missions the really test player's Abilities

But please keep in mind that a player's enjoyment in a game has often been tied more to the game's level of Fun and not so much to it's level of chalenge.

I've read a little into Game design, and I've learned that as a rule, It's really easy to make a game chalenging for people to do, so much so that it can actually be more chalanging to find a ballance than one might think.

That's why I'm so glad you guys have Listened to the player base, and reworked areas of the game that need fine tuning.

Keep up the great work and Thanks for your time ; )
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-26-2011, 03:19 PM
The borg are supposed to respawn in the last room. You should be able to get around the room quickly enough that there wont be many.

Be grateful the respawn timer is as long as it is. It used to be a lot quicker.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-26-2011, 07:00 PM
That is ture, I was one of the ones who suggested for them to at least lengthen the Respawn timer but I was actually voting more for the complete removal of the respawn mechanic.

I know I can do a great job on This mission, but its very different when you have to work with people who don't always know everything they need to know to succeed.

The one time that I had fun on the mission was the time I got put with the perfect team and we beat the Mission in 1 shot.

the last 4 attempts however have resulted in dismal failure.

And if the whole idea is to beat the borg fast enough that they don't have time to respawn, why not remove their respawn ability all together.

As I stated above, Challange does not nessisaraly equal fun.

There are far too many people in the game that don't have what it takes to win these missions as of right now, and if they can't win the missions, more over if they aren't having a good time doing them, they usually quit trying altogether and all the Time and Programming that went into designing them gets thrown out the window in the proccess.

PS. Dear Cryptic I am trying my best to tell you in a kind and respectful way that This just isn't working yet.

I can promise you that the vast majority of players would have greater fun on this and every other Mission, if the Only time that the enemies Respawned is when the team wipes.

then and only then would it be apropriate for the Borg Drones to Respawn.

And by the way, please remove the Dilithium crafting tax, or else just Remove crafting altogether, cuz with any sort of Dilithium tax on crafting, it makes Crafting worse than useless.

thank you for listening and Keep up the good work
Lt. Commander
# 5 How bout this?
10-26-2011, 10:11 PM
Ok, the Mission definately is much more playable, 2 wins as of tonight as aposed to the original Never of the unmodified one.

and I'm pleased the level of dificulty + the current improvements, So now I see, the STF in a new light.

I Still think that the Borg's Respawn ability should be removed, but under these new rules.

Say there's a team of loyal Star Trek fans that just aren't the cream of the crop when it comes to their Gaming Acuity, but they want to play the STF anyway.

The Mission is a mess and after 2 more wipes the team members are ready to call it quits, but then they remember that Cryptic made a new Mechanic just for such a situation.

on the 4th try, everyone knows that the Borg have exausted their Numbers and are now unable to send reenforcements to the queen, so everyone does their job well.

Now even though it took a bit too long to destroy the Generator, and the Borg Drones should have Ported into the room, They don't because they've run out of them.

With nothing else to stop the players, the Queen is defeated and everyone grabs their loot, Knowing that, while it might not have been a Job well done by most standards,

They had a fun time, and that's what makes it all worth it.

Thanks again Cryptic for watching and listening,

Keep up the Great work = )