Lt. Commander
# 11
10-28-2011, 11:08 AM
I play by setting energy weapons to auto-fire (right click them), then manually fire torpedo's, but that's just me, since I use Beam Weapons.

Alternatively, you could change the keybind for fire all weapons and try and use it that way, because clicking a button on screen would be rather inefficient.
Lt. Commander
# 12 Fix it
10-28-2011, 12:57 PM
Not playing until this is fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 13 Also greyed out
10-28-2011, 02:12 PM
I was playing Q mission. and i can't use annything. Cryptic do something about it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-28-2011, 02:45 PM
if you set your autofire to maintain or toggle never cancels or something like that, then once you are in combat press spacebar and it will work.

its a sort term workaround.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-28-2011, 08:39 PM
I found a temp fix right click with mouse will fire ship weapons

we still need a patch
Lt. Commander
# 16 WTF Cryptic?
10-29-2011, 01:40 AM
This STILL isn't fixed???? WTF? They do an emergency patch to fix Klingon Academy which affects like 5% of the players but the 3 Fire All Buttons in Space Combat, affecting probably 33% of players goes unloved? They are wanting people to TEST this stuff right? Well fix the problem already. Love how they are not greyed out in sector space or Sol system but enter a combat zone and it's like a Cylon Virus all of a sudden you can't control your Ship Weapons and Defenses, it's like someone flipped a switch and shuts you off and you're left trying to figure out alternatives mid-fight.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-29-2011, 03:26 AM
It saddens me that there are Clickers in this game.

In the time it takes you to move your mouse to the tiny "fire all weapons" button, I've Tab targeted your ship, activated High Yield Torpedoes, unleashed all my phasers, and fired my torpedoes.

Learn to use Keybinds, You will be a better player because of it.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-29-2011, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post

In the time it takes you to move your mouse to the tiny "fire all weapons" button, I've Tab targeted your ship, activated High Yield Torpedoes, unleashed all my phasers, and fired my torpedoes.

It saddens me that you can type. Play the way you want and I'll play the way I want. Not all of us are hardcore elite gamers like you obviously are(). Some of us might have issues with our hands and can't utilize a keyboard with the superior skills which you most undoubtedly possess(again ). The "fire all weapons" button allows me to enjoy this game without major discomfort and aggravation.
Lt. Commander
# 19 Autofire helps
10-29-2011, 10:34 AM
I too have the same issue & I won't play Tribble as much until it is fixed but for those brave souls who wish to continue try turning on your autofire. Once you destroy your target of the moment use the keyboard (or whatever else) to begin firing on your next target.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post

It's actually slower for me to use keybinds, because I have to hunt for the keys during combat. The click buttons are right on my screen and easy to find during combat.

But I've just been putting everything on autofire lately, so clicking any attack is the same as hitting a "fire all weapons" button. Probably not something I'd want to do on the live servers, but it works for me for now.

It does need to be fixed soon.