Lt. Commander
# 21
10-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Seriously? Still broken?

The game is 100% unplayable to me until they fix the "Fire Everything!" button. Some things need an emergency patch, Cryptic! I couldn't do DOff missions last week thanks to the cxp bug and now I can't do regular missions. It's always something... and it seems like everything that's broken is something that was working fine before. I can see new features having issues, but things that have been working properly all along crapping the bed? Man up guys... and *fix* this.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-29-2011, 02:50 PM
The funny thing is that not a single dev has acknowledged that this bug exists.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-29-2011, 07:28 PM
Here's a solution for the interim:

The default keybind for Fire All Energy Weapons is the Spacebar.

To fire all weapons, the default is ALT+Spacebar.

My suggestion: Switch the Keybinds.

You're going to be clicking a tiny button anyways to do the same thing, just change it so you can hit the spacebar with your thumb, and save yourself the time.

Because, here's the thing, to be effective in the endgame, and have access to what ever abilites that you use often during a STF, you need at least 3 Action Bars (Using a science vessel makes this a requirement with the sub-system targeting).

Here's my set up currently on Holodeck:

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/118959900-4.jpg

The three bars are set up like this, bottom is 1 through 0, middle is CTRL+1 through 0 (Distribute shield power evenly is also mapped to the tilde ~ key so I can use it in a pinch), and the top bar is ALT+1 through 0. The top bar is the one I use the most since pressing ALT+1,2,3,4,5 is easier on my hands (I have on-set arthritis in my wrists from shattering both of them when I was a kid).

I have the BOFF Bars hidden because when they are visable, the Actionbars have two buttons cut off.

My Energy weapons are set to autofire and are on a hidden action bar (#4, which also has all my transwarp locations), so I save room
Lt. Commander
# 24 Very frustrating..
11-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Looking forward to a fix..
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-03-2011, 09:19 AM
What i think is funny is ive tried every method listed here to get weapons working. So far none have worked. As i said in a post earlier here all 3 fire buttons are greyed out. My ship powers/bridge officer powers dont work. Been a week since this happened on tribble and the only thing i can do is log in to do the duty officer stuff. Its not a matter of key binding stuff that i have a problem with. the weapons wont fire no matter what i do.
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-04-2011, 09:16 AM
Cannot believe this is not fixed yet!!!! It's been a week!!!

What I did was keybind "fire all weapons" to right click. It is getting me by til they fix it.
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-04-2011, 01:18 PM
I agree it is ridiculous that this isn't fixed. Espeicially with all the ****ing and moaning the devs were doing about people not testing things, especially with the klingons(thus opening up more character imports). My understanding is klingons are also experiencing this bug, so no wonder nobody is testing anything over there. I'm sure it would a be a simple little patch just to get the buttons "lit up" again.
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-04-2011, 03:22 PM
I had this problem and it somehow fixed itself when I removed my Breen Transphasic Cluster Torpedo launcher. I had it mounted aft with a quantum torpedo launcher on the Orion Marauder, if that somehow makes a difference. I was able to replicate this by manually dragging the cluster torpedo launcher to and from the empty weapon slot on my ship. Torpedoes equipped, no "Fire All." Torpedoes unequipped, "Fire All" works.
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-04-2011, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_Vryce View Post
I've got the same problem. I hope they fix this soon. I have bad hands and using the keyboard to fire weapons is not only annoying but painful as well.
Same here. I haven't been able to test because of it. If it goes live like that i won't even be able to do anything.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-05-2011, 10:31 AM
I think this really shows where Cryptic's mindset is at.

They would rather completely destroy our in-game economy than fix a bug that prevents people from playing.

What is worse, is there has been NO DEV COMMENT on this issue. I think I will let my subscription lapse.