Just ran Infected Space Elite. My initial thoughts:
1. Cubes do lots of damage: Cube deals 111739 (174718) Kinetic Damage to you with Torpedo Explosion III. Seriously. That's at least twice as much as what I get from Ramming Speed with Evasive, APA, APO, and an Engine Battery versus an enemy with 0 kinetic resistance. The Cube gets it with a Heavy Plasma Torp III against an escort with shields, Polarize Hull, APD, and Brace for Impact...
2. Spheres spawn too quickly. When trying to destroy a transmitter, they respawn after about a minute, when it takes 2 minutes to kill a sphere with 4 escorts and an Excelsior (and that sphere can kill 2 of us in the meantime).
3. Spheres do too much damage. Pretty much one-shotting escorts (overkill, even) with a torp. 40k damage from a single torp? I can't imagine a spread...
4. Too many Nanite Spheres spawn and too quickly. I think I saw about 5 of them, with slightly longer respawn times than the spheres. Again, can't kill them fast enough. Maybe we could do it without the Spheres killing us, but the current combo of Spheres and Nanite Spheres is dangerous, especially since you have to kill the Cube first.
5. Injuries. I ended up with about 20 injuries, most of them Critical. There was one guy on our team with 12 Impulse from 100 Engine Power due to stacking Warp Core injuries. Yes, 12 Impulse. That's like having no engines on your ship.
Apparently, it is possible, but also there is a Tac Cube boss that is more difficult than the rest of the mission. I understand this is supposed to be Elite, but this is like the whole "One-shotting Elite Ground Mobs" deal. I figure a more balanced team would work, but 4 escorts should at least have the dps to kill them. The only way I could see a better team would be to have a tank cruiser and a harass science (with Grav Well)
One plus side to this is that they finally made the Borg canon. That Cube is killing you in one shot? Sounds like Wolf 359 or First Contact to me!
i agree the borg torpedo damage (esp the tac cube's) is just way out of control. If the idea is to have everybody blow up a couple of times, no matter what they do, just build in an objective to use e.g. 15x abandon ship, before mission progresses...
why not give it the plasma torps from the RAs, that way there is a counter, instead of just blowing up for the heck of it without a counter.
(FYI Cruiser, with BFI, the devidian thing, 3x kinetic/plasma resist consoles, epts3, rsp, aux2sif3, he2, moving at full spead and with aegis set, gets one shoted, repeatedly) ssoooooo much fun
1) Sphere respawn is ok - leave it as is, but bear point 2 in mind.
2) Spheres are too hard to kill. Boost their weapons or boost their hull/shields, but not both. Personally i'd like to see their shields reduced, making them a little easier to tackle would go a long way to removing some frustration from this.
3) Please revisit the changes made to the tac cube and the gate. I realise elite mode is supposed to be difficult, but under no circumstances should fully tanked cruisers be one-shotted by ANYTHING. The gate seemed to take a fancy to me and torp spreaded me five times in a row, less than five seconds after I got back into weapons range - it was literally spawn/die and repeat. That's not challenging, it's just frustrating.
Ok here’s the feed-back from the Omega Fleet for Infected space (ELITE).
It si great to play that STF! It’s challenging and team play is the key to success! We love That – please keep it that way.
There are two things that could use some “enhancement” or rework:
1. The Borg ships do so much damage, we have never seen so many “one-shot-kills”. Too ,many critical hits with 50k+ damage, There dying happened very often which results in loads of penalties. It you could reduce that a bit it’s fine.
2. The loot was very disappointing. The rewards in comparison to the time you have to put in – that is not so well balanced. A purple MK XI and / or a Prototype Salvage time is what can expected – isn’t it? ;-). That way it is right now, it’s not worth the time and effort.
I know this is testing, but the settings are just too difficult. While mobs hit harder and take longer to take down, its just more of the same that we been doing for 2 years. And spending 1 hour for a chance at a Prototype drop is rather unrewarding.
And the injury system is adding salt to the wounds with all these 1-shot mobs. Get enough injuries, you have no choice but to give up, thus wasting player's free time. It's even worse because Critical Parts / Regenerators are rare drops, so you cannot stockpile them in preparation.
No offense Devs, but this is turning out to be more of a frustration factor than fun and not really encouraging me to try out the upcoming competition.
ery much this. i d love for a Q&A guy to come out here and show us how his ship survives borked TS3 attacks, with white MKIX gear as Gozer has seen em do it according to one of his posts.
Yea i seen that post he did myself back before it was made easier in last weeks patch, when i read it i was like well there is not sence in even posting thoughts on the diffuculty at that time if this is what he was gonna say.