Lt. Commander
# 21
10-27-2011, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord_Victorious
Well, this is nothing more then a 5 minute effort, take a shuttle pet, slam a gekli costume on it, put into c-store.. someone did this in his lunchbreak, I`m sure...

Well, genius really, cause i bought it... it's just too cute.
Sure, its not difficult to make.

The problem is asking people to pay them more money right now, when they are... failing to deliver to their paying customers in a big way.

We all know they're busy with F2P, but that didn't stop them for charging for subscriptions.. or even asking for more micropayments.

If it took a lunchbreak to make, how about a nice "We're sorry for sucking so bad" gift to everyone?

But its pretty clear that the bottom line is far ahead of happy customers at this point.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-27-2011, 04:25 PM
I gotta admit, it's a cute little bugger. And I do give points for making it available to BOTH factions (for a change). However, I will pass on this, thank you very much. Until Cryptic gets its act together and starts listening to its playerbase I will not support the C(ash)-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-27-2011, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
and more so, if the "F2P standards" hold...

BTW Stormy, we are still waiting on the Exocomp Bridge Officers, fixing Star base 24, etc...
instead of new junk why not have the broken stuff fixed?
well said!

thats prove alone that they really dont care about what we are saying in terms of fixing bugs. on little things, and money
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-27-2011, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goraq View Post
Seriously? Is this the sort of thing we'll be getting on holodeck until F2P launches?
Well its more then what is expectet and announced.. wich is "absolutley nothing".

And it at least makes a little more sense then the (still most useless c-store item ever) exocomp pet...
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-27-2011, 04:31 PM
If any of the pets other than Horta allies actually did something other than follow you I might be tempted
Lt. Commander
# 26
WTF! Wasn't there suppose to be a "Saber" and "Raider" today? Instead, they give us this POS "Gekli" pet? What is this, WoW?
Lt. Commander
# 27
Cute item. Questions:
  • Can anyone post a screen shot so I can get a Gekli-to-Ship size comparison?
  • Does the space slug stack with the other shuttle pets, I mean can you have multiple pets following you around?
  • Can the little critter keep up with Borg Engines in sector space?
It could be a fun item to buy, however I'm on C-Store Boycott until I see how you handle the current Tribble T5 Excelsior Nerf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
...Hmm, I'm still waiting for my Porthos!

*toe-tap*

(j/k, but I would *love* to have my little beagle, though, Matt! )
I too would love a Porthos... Ah... Remember this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
this is on someone's schedule... we really wanted some easy to get items that are fun as well. Some ideas being thrown around are exotic pets ... or maybe even cats and dogs for the porthos/spot lovers out there.
Dstahl, July 2010. When Dabo was fresh and exciting. That takes ya back to the heady days of Sputnik and Yuri Gagarin, doesn't it? :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
It takes a lot of brass to push C-Store filler to subscribers when you haven't delivered content to them for 6+ months now. Kudos for that.
I see what you did thar...
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-27-2011, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Cute item. Questions:
  • Does the space slug stack with the other shuttle pets, I mean can you have multiple pets following you around?
It could be a fun item to buy, however I'm on C-Store Boycott until I see how you handle the current Tribble T5 Excelsior Nerf.

I too would love a Porthos... Ah... Remember this?

Dstahl, July 2010. When Dabo was fresh and exciting. That takes ya back to the heady days of Sputnik and Yuri Gagarin, doesn't it? :p

I see what you did thar...
Here you go.

http://trekbbs.com/showpost.php?p=5311463&postcount=852

No, it can't keep up with Borg engines. It even falls behind at 9.97. I think it's max speed equals a starter ship around warp 7.
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-27-2011, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Cute item. Questions:
It does stack with other shuttles, and it works as any other shuttle pet, so it can't keep up unfortunately.

Love the pet, I just wish it would keep up with me. I wish ANY of the shuttles would keep up with me.
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-27-2011, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkthunder View Post
WTF! Wasn't there suppose to be a "Saber" and "Raider" today?
And a "star" and a "Sheriff" :p