Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Lt. Commander
It seems as usual the Klingons continue to get the short end of the stick. Although it has been acknowledged that the marauding values are way out of balance, nothing has been done to correct it. Marauding is the Klingon version of diplomacy, with the ultimate goal of entering the Sirius Sector. What happens when F2P goes live, then a few weeks later the RA's go away. The Federation side has had the advantage of doing OL sector missions while the Klingons continue to stare at the Sirius Sector not able to enter and complete the RA's there. The major problem though is the fact the Federation has many ways to earn diplomacy, (explore, 2 different types of diplomacy missions, and Doff), yet the Klingons must rely totally on the Doff system. I have no problems earning the Marauder title, but I would at least like a reasonable goal and not something 6 months to a year down the road. Yes, I have kept in mind that diplomacy was a major grind (did it myself on my Fed toons Season 2). These are the current values:
Diplomacy Marauding
Tier 1 160 2,500
Tier 2 400 15,000
Tier 3 720 50,000
Tier 4 1,360 100,000

Here is my opinion whether it seems reasonable to other players on how the tiers should look for Klingons marauding.
Tier 1 1,500
Tier 2 5,500
Tier 3 9,000
Tier 3 15,000
Whether the CXP should be reduced is another question altogether, unlike diplomacy missions the majority of the marauder missions, casulties are moderate or higher, and should be rewarded with higher cxp.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-27-2011, 03:30 PM
Diplomacy is being reworked to be on the same level as the other commendations.

And nobody is going to lose their work. So if you unlocked a Tier, you stay in that Tier.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-27-2011, 03:47 PM
Funny, I didnt even get the Diplo DOFFs when i tranfered my character on Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-27-2011, 03:48 PM
Still does not allow the Klingon faction to complete the RA's or have access to other missions that provide maraurding xp unlike the Federation side.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-27-2011, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfrider
Still does not allow the Klingon faction to complete the RA's or have access to other missions that provide maraurding xp unlike the Federation side.
It says that you are here since feb 2010.... and you are still suprised?
What do you expect next? Content? Costumes? A Hairstyle that actually looks klingon?
The biggest suprise to me is that we got the DOFF system in the first place...
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
It says that you are here since feb 2010.... and you are still suprised?
What do you expect next? Content? Costumes? A Hairstyle that actually looks klingon?
The biggest suprise to me is that we got the DOFF system in the first place...
Wouldn't say surprised. But, I still prefer Klingon over Fed any day .
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-27-2011, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfrider
Wouldn't say surprised. But, I still prefer Klingon over Fed any day .
Well, they can add pets and uniforms and pay to win consoles designed to rip us appart to the fed side...
We still have the cooler ships. And orions.
And Worf.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-27-2011, 05:28 PM
well, we kinda have Worf..

I understand Michel Dorn never even got asked about his likelness being used in STO and is rather unhappy about it. (Rather being an understatement)

But we do have bodacieous Orions..

I just hope they get more KDF content plugged in here before F2P goes live. I predict severe dissapointment vented loudly and clearly my MMO gamers if the content isn't there. I paid in advance for KDF content and I'm still waiting as we come up on the two year mark for this title. I played Horde in WOW, I played Asmodean in ****, and I play Klingon in STO. **** had an imbalance in the player experiences between its two factions that it has never recovered from and because of it lost over 50% of its player base in an otherwise excellent and viually stunning MMO. WOW worked very hard to have balanced faction experiences from the start (and I don't care how good TOR is, they are never going to eaqual WOW's number of subscribers because WOW is just THAT good overall, and they keep the new content coming)

At that point I don't see STO making ins projected F2P release date if we don't see the new KDF tutorial and mission flow along with the needed expansion to KDF territory to pull this all off pretty quickly. I needs to be tested in greater depth then the in house QA folk can do. And the accelerated XP gain needs to be turned off to test it right..

Fed content has had 2 years to cook. KDF content has not.. And Cryptic needs to hit the floor at a dead run to pull this off. Elite STF's wer supposed to be on tribble Last week., and we only have one up and thats Infected... so Cryptic is all ready behind on a very yight scedule.. I guss we'll just see.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-27-2011, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF View Post
well, we kinda have Worf..

I understand Michel Dorn never even got asked about his likelness being used in STO and is rather unhappy about it. (Rather being an understatement)
When did he express that? From my understanding STO Worf doesn't even look like Michael Dorn's Worf.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-27-2011, 05:39 PM
At least Cryptic is still promising the Fabled "Magic Klingon patch", with all the changes in f2p you'd think they'd forget about it.