Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
10-27-2011, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfrider
It seems as usual the Klingons continue to get the short end of the stick. Although it has been acknowledged that the marauding values are way out of balance, nothing has been done to correct it. Marauding is the Klingon version of diplomacy, with the ultimate goal of entering the Sirius Sector. The major problem though is the fact the Federation has many ways to earn diplomacy, (explore, 2 different types of diplomacy missions, and Doff), yet the Klingons must rely totally on the Doff system. I have no problems earning the Marauder title, but I would at least like a reasonable goal and not something 6 months to a year down the road.
Every major push of data to Tribble during this test cycle has involved improvements and fixes to the KDF side of the duty officer system. Marauding and Military have, in fact, always rewarded at a higher scaled rate than other commendation categories (including Diplomacy; the problem with Diplomacy is it is still operating on the Holodeck scaling) due to their increased chance of fatalities. The fatality numbers have steadily dropped as testing has continued, and the CXP rates have climbed.

As for the Diplomacy rebalancing, this is an extremely non-trivial fix that requires multiple departments that are all strapped. We are working to get this fixed as soon as possible, including getting Marauding CXP appearing in places outside the duty officer system.

I am sorry that you feel frustrated, but this is a test server, and we are working as fast as we can.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-27-2011, 08:35 PM
When Feds get to Tier 4 in Diplomacy, they get the Diplomatic uniform.
What are KDFs getting when they get ti Tier 4 again?
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-27-2011, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
When Feds get to Tier 4 in Diplomacy, they get the Diplomatic uniform.
What are KDFs getting when they get ti Tier 4 again?
you get 1 pakled doff :O
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-27-2011, 09:11 PM
I don't mind the fact that Klingons can only get Marauding XP via the DOff system... What does bother me is that the feds need alot less CXP to level it up then Klingons. Either bring the Marauding CXP numbers down to the Diplomacy levels are raise the Diplomacy numbers up to match Marauding and the rest of the DOff levels.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-27-2011, 09:19 PM
My problem is understanding a certain aspect of this system. It is granted you have Tier levels of these different systems such as diplomacy and marauding. Besides them letting you into the other factions refrigerator or home sector/quadrant what is the point of the system. Are you just putting in all that time for that? I'm failing to see the investment of time vs the enjoyment of what comes after you get these titles.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
As for the Diplomacy rebalancing, this is an extremely non-trivial fix that requires multiple departments that are all strapped. We are working to get this fixed as soon as possible, including getting Marauding CXP appearing in places outside the duty officer system.
Rebalancing diplomacy is the least of the Klingon faction worries, rebalancing marauding to a reasonable level is more appropriate. First, the Federation side has had since July 2010 (i did the grind on my Fed toons) to accumulate the 1,360 diplomatic points for tier 4. Second, the RA's are not going to last forever and while the Federation side with the granting of diplomatic immunity have been able to enter OL since the start, the Klingons have not been able to complete 2 of the accolades because of no marauding title. When f2p goes live as it stands now, we start with 0 marauding have to get 100,000 cxp to enter sirius sector before the RA's are discontinued. I'm not trying to be combative, but somewhere common sense needs to come into play. I appreciate the work you have done and enjoy the Doff system, but taking the hard way to rebalance diplomacy instead taking the easier path and rebalancing marauding to reasonable levels is for lack of a better word stupid. We may be only 12% of the STO population, but we are probably some of the most loyal players out there. Instead of throwing barriers up at every turn, how about give us a small break and rebalance marauding to reasonable levels, so we can enjoy the same benefits as the Federation side of the house.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-28-2011, 12:01 AM
Yeah, I'm seeing maybe something...
My Fed Capt is at T2 Diplomacy and well on his way to 3, while my Lt Gen Klingon is less than halfway to 2 Marauder. Hard to keep track of the type of missions I'm doing/getting on each side, however, for comparison.

Kinda like when you buy a ship on the Fed side and you put new improved gear on it, you can sell the stock stuff for Energy credits to a vendor.
On the Klingon side, all the stock gear has a value of zero and all you can do is discard it.

Inalienable, Human rights...even the name is Racist...
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-28-2011, 12:54 AM
I've ben looking at the marauding assginments and alot of them look like they would fit wel into other categories, (The get intelligence, and blackmail ones int espionage for example.) Maybe one way of balancing against diplo would be to have the marauding assgnments give another commendation type as well as the marauding might help the progressions match a bit better without having to do that slash and burn on diplo.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-28-2011, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarium View Post
I don't mind the fact that Klingons can only get Marauding XP via the DOff system... What does bother me is that the feds need alot less CXP to level it up then Klingons. Either bring the Marauding CXP numbers down to the Diplomacy levels are raise the Diplomacy numbers up to match Marauding and the rest of the DOff levels.
I think you missed the post above yours that says they're going to be doing just that with Diplomacy?
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-28-2011, 01:09 AM
An idea would be to give KDF Marauding exp for their marauding missions - the repeatable ones that they have. Maybe only for the missions themselves, maybe only for completing the optional objectives, maybe for both. I don't know. Point is, Fed side has the Diplo missions from the Ambassador and the Breen daily that give Diplo exp.. Giving repeatable missions to the KDF for Maurauding exp seems like it would be a no-brainer.