Lt. Commander
# 21
10-28-2011, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
i dont want to live on this planet anymore
Here, have a beer, Keep your towel handy and remember the plans have been on display for many months now.
You don't have any issues with wearing a small fish in your ear do you?
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-28-2011, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam
you guys realize that its not the PvEer fault that STF feedback is listened too, while PvP feedback is mostly ignored
bye Jorf
Why I am not surprised this forum is being ignored:

1. PvP players are a small in number, so it's pretty much normal that the devs are paying more attention to the majority of their player base.

2. With all the condescending and insulting remarks in this forum towards pretty much everyone not doing PvP and the especially the devs, can anyone be surprised that no one pays attention? There are constructive criticisms here but they are drowned out by other voices.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-28-2011, 10:40 AM
To be fair: For all we know, the systems guys already knew this, but Gozer didn't. Maybe having a content designer like Gozer in the same boat helps the system designer to get this problem prioritized.

Which still doesn't change that PvP alone isn't enough weight, apparantly, to get it prioritized. (But we don't know that Gozer is or STFs are enough weight, either.)
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-28-2011, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
To be fair: For all we know, the systems guys already knew this, but Gozer didn't. Maybe having a content designer like Gozer in the same boat helps the system designer to get this problem prioritized.
Well then they have a really massive comunication problem over there at cryptic.
The Spread problem is a mjor issue and not since yesterday, and DStahl said a while ago that they have less staff then a Starbucks.... so you'd thing something like that has been mentionet towards Gother, especially since Spread 3 screws up the current holodeck version of HIS Kithomer accord, too.
Lt. Commander
# 25 What
10-28-2011, 07:04 PM
What 40k,35k,38k,42k a whole team is not normal?
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-28-2011, 07:56 PM
No, this is not the first time we have heard of the torpedo issue.

As for PvP in general:

There are the things individual designers, artists and programmers are assigned to; these are the result of strategic directives coming from the leads, the Executive Producer and higher. What drives these are business considerations, development time, technical constraints, priorities and developmental dependencies.

Perfect World historically supports PvP and the value it brings to the table, and that includes STO in the long-term. Strategically, to accomplish this the KDF needs to be brought up to par with the Federation, the F2P transition needs to happen, and meaningful fleet gameplay needs to be introduced.

There are the things that individual developers work on in their free time because they are things that that developer is passionate about and believes are worth doing.

I am personally passionate about PvP, and I am certainly not alone here. That being said, while I understand the frustration of many in the PvP community, the current tenor of the PvP community on these forums can make it difficult for even the most ardent developer supporter of PvP to want to spend their personal time to improve the situation.

Unfortunately, legitimate frustration and anonymity can result in extremely toxic environments, and while emotionally satisfying, toxicity rarely results in a productive environment for effective change.
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-28-2011, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic

As for PvP in general:

There are the things individual designers, artists and programmers are assigned to; these are the result of strategic directives coming from the leads, the Executive Producer and higher. What drives these are business considerations, development time, technical constraints, priorities and developmental dependencies.

Perfect World historically supports PvP and the value it brings to the table, and that includes STO in the long-term. Strategically, to accomplish this the KDF needs to be brought up to par with the Federation, the F2P transition needs to happen, and meaningful fleet gameplay needs to be introduced.

There are the things that individual developers work on in their free time because they are things that that developer is passionate about and believes are worth doing.

I am personally passionate about PvP, and I am certainly not alone here. That being said, while I understand the frustration of many in the PvP community, the current tenor of the PvP community on these forums can make it difficult for even the most ardent developer supporter of PvP to want to spend their personal time to improve the situation.

Unfortunately, legitimate frustration and anonymity can result in extremely toxic environments, and while emotionally satisfying, toxicity rarely results in a productive environment for effective change.
Basically were not as important as other customers, but we already knew that.
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-28-2011, 08:13 PM
Wow... if this is toxic, how do handle someone telling you they had a bad day at work?
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-28-2011, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic

As for PvP in general:

Hey I feel for you Heritic... its a job. I don't think you deserve to be kicked and screamed at by customers. No cashier or salesperson or anyone else that deals with the public should need to deal with vitriol in any shape or form.

I am not annoyed with you or anyone else specially. I am however very very much annoyed that I have been paying to play a game for 2 years now... that I have done ZERO of anything else other then PvP in. It is now at this point that I realize NO one at Cryptic is employed their to do anything at all related to PvP. The handful of minor adjustments that we have gotten have been the product of someones spare time. Well to be blunt I have not paid over 500 bucks in two years to be told I should be nice... and try to be very kind... when I realize I have been paying so Cryptic can do what with my money. Now I am not saying my chunk of cash is more important then anyone else's. Sure I have had access to a product and I understand my lowly hunk of casholla wasn't all profit. However seriously there has been a fairly sizable community of PvPers in this game for like 2 years now. Can some one at Cryptic honestly say that development of PvP has been worth ZERO too them.
Honestly that is all we hear with this kinda msg....
"Cryptic does not value your business, we have spent none of the profit from your business on anything you care about... we don't plan to spend the profits from your business on anything you care about for awhile... but if YOUR really really nice perhaps one of our employees on their spare time will perhaps spend some of their time on what you care about... maybe, if they feel like it and we don't work them too hard Mon-Fri"

So don't be too shocked when the reaction from the PvP community that is left is....
"Get Bent"

PS... could you imagine the local newspaper saying you know we have been really hard at work on other things... and the sports section really doesn't have a major readership... where just going to post the basics for the next year or so... but hey write some nice letters to the editor and perhaps one of our entertainment guys will find some time on the weekend to write something up for ya. LOL
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-28-2011, 08:23 PM
Thankyou for posting here. And quite a lot of people really appreciate the work and time some of the devs are putting into the areas their assigned to. I believe everybody sees the work you put into the DOFF system. Or CapnLogan puts into his ships. But then there are Devs in quite important areas of the game that sadly don't come to the forums and talk to us. Take CaptainGeko for example. He's your boss and responsible for most of the power changes. Yet at most we see some anouncements from him on the forums. Nothing like the actual dialogue with the community that you're involved in. I think we all here know the toxicity in these forums is far above healthy levels. So he appears on STOked now and then, but doesn't really want to dive into these dangerous waters here. And I can actually understand that, since every thread on powers is quickly hijacked by PVPers and turns into a flame war. But we NEED to have a dialogue with you guys. So we need to find a more civil form to do this. You once made a conference call with the Foundry community. Why was something like that never done with the PVP peeps? Everybody knows that the tone on the forums is quite different than if you actually talk to each other on Skype, TeamSpeak or Ventrillo.
The way your priorities are currently set means you're working on a healthy PVP community longterm. But on the other hand that policy also means that in the short term the old PVP community will be totally destroyed. I can see why it probably doesn't make much sense from a business standpoint to keep us 100(?) players around, but it breaks my heart to see more and more long long time PVPers saying goodbye.