Lt. Commander
# 11
10-27-2011, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
Yeah, as an Eng in a Defiant, I expect to go boom quite a bit, but its a little redonkulous now. I had 7 or 8 neutrilizers on me, hit HE, cleared those, got 4 or 5 more, couldn't clear them. I have HE, Eng team II, rotate shields, emergency to shields, tac team, miracle worker, brace for inpact all going off when cooldowns allow just to try to last long enough to use HE again to reclear and try to get some shields up again.
My point exactly. before todays patch the STF's were fun and doable by all. now their doable but it's no longer fun. and that gring for 30 is going to take a lot longer. I see this as a turn off for people who just whnt to go do a quick stf run. leave this challenge for elite. and you have both ways still. one for casual players and one for the hardcore players.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-27-2011, 05:49 PM
I think people are tired of the STF grinding, especially those who've done it for the past 2 years. First it was [Borg] Drops, then Valor, then Borg Sets, now its Sets and [Borg] Gear.

I understand in doing it since there is no end-game content, but it's just too much. We need new grounds to play in.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-27-2011, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
I think people are tired of the STF grinding, especially those who've done it for the past 2 years. First it was [Borg] Drops, then Valor, then Borg Sets, now its Sets and [Borg] Gear.

I understand in doing it since there is no end-game content, but it's just too much. We need new grounds to play in.
I didn't mind the grind when it was fun and could be somewhat accomplished. Wouldn't mind new grounds to play in either.

Something just doesn't seem right. Gozer is saying the only change is the change to the Kang optional goal. If so, why does it seem so much harder today than yesterday?
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-27-2011, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post

i agree, well said.

if u want us to gind for sets thats fine, but this is making me not want to play them any more
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-27-2011, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwind
My point exactly. before todays patch the STF's were fun and doable by all. now their doable but it's no longer fun. and that gring for 30 is going to take a lot longer. I see this as a turn off for people who just whnt to go do a quick stf run. leave this challenge for elite. and you have both ways still. one for casual players and one for the hardcore players.
I for one am getting really tired of all this ENDLESS grinding. So let me add my voice to the growing chorus.

This is becoming one HUGE grindfest. For damned little rewards. And it's NOT FUN.

I'm all for working to get what I want, but this is starting to get ridiculous, I don't have all day and, or tons of hours to run missions over and over and over again. ENDLESSLY -

I'f I'm lucky I have an hour a day.
Today for example, now's the time, I try to log on, the server is down for maintenance.
I'm done for the day -

If I can't make reasonable progress in the short time I have, I'm gonna loose interest FAST.
And I'm loosing interest FAST........
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-27-2011, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
Something just doesn't seem right. Gozer is saying the only change is the change to the Kang optional goal. If so, why does it seem so much harder today than yesterday?
I'll be honest, I don't know. I honestly didn't play the Cure Space today to notice any differences, except the headache I got for testing Elite mode.

If there is, I think people will mention it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-27-2011, 06:44 PM
I still dont understand why they put so much work into STFs and gate them for most players. Most all of the people I know including myself have never even seen a STF, it seems like alot of wasted content because they are inaccessible to so many.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-27-2011, 06:46 PM
Is there an issue with the cure space? Seems like it craps out before objective's can be finished. Seemed all good today, then tonite the hang gets busted and the whole thing craps out.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-27-2011, 08:21 PM
Yo Gozer.. SOmething changed in the The Cure space, Normal mode.. I dont know what it was but I can tell you the results..

Number one and first off.

Either the NPC's are hitting harder or the Kang got a lot more fragile. I just did my third mission today where everyone did what the usually do, and I was with players I've seen time and again over the last several days. They all know the mission.

The Kang was destryed before we could finish off the first cube by 4 BOP's which previous to todays patch would "maybe" have knocked the shields down before we could get to it.

In the last mission we had a Fed SCI VA in a sci ship, a Fed ENG in a Dreadnaught Cruiser, and three KDF in Carriers.. all of us pack reman fighters and BOP..

It should have been a cake walk. It wasn't.. this is the 5th run today where I've seen the Kang killed by what it used to live though easily. to where we could get back and clean the Borg off it, and move to the next cube.

Also, the ships yards were spawning ships faster then previously.

Perhapes ya'll mislabled the ELITE mission as the normal mission perhapes?

Either way Untill I see a posting by staff or Devs that this has been corrected I am done doing STF's I don't need to do this any more to figure out that some changed in the mission.

I'll try it on my engineer toon. But my SCI in her carrier is done with STF's and till what ever code error crept in gets fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-27-2011, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrNightfire
I still dont understand why they put so much work into STFs and gate them for most players. Most all of the people I know including myself have never even seen a STF, it seems like alot of wasted content because they are inaccessible to so many.
This, 110% this. I've never understood it either. For a dev team that has famously declared themselves to be smaller than a starbucks crew, I really do not understand this. I would have thought more energy would be put into other things.