Lt. Commander
# 1 Captain's Log: Tribbleing
10-27-2011, 06:03 PM
On this week's Captain's Log, Brandon talks about all the changes on Tribble, and where to best leave your feedback on them.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-27-2011, 06:15 PM
Huhuh... huhuhuh... huhuhuh-huhuh...

In all seriousness. Good read.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-27-2011, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Now, in all honesty, this change has easily become one of the most debated topics on the forums ever
If we're being honest, there really is no debate. The community is overwhelmingly opposed to the crafting changes, and Cryptic hasnt said anything since the crafting dev blog was posted. A debate requires 2 opposing sides both presenting arguments, but Cryptic isnt responding.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-27-2011, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Since we seem to be a ways out from the seeing the updates ported to the Holodeck live server, there is still plenty of time to check it all out and provide your feedback to the devs.
I wish you could be more descriptive with this statement.
You have a month and a couple of weeks to put this live if
1) You want to be home for xmas and
2) PWE and a few cryptic employees have said it is coming out this year.

Skill changes? Fixed KDF missions? Borg invasion? FE? That open pvp kdf sortie?
Tutorials?
In a month?
Lt. Commander
# 5 Let's Make Some Noise!
10-27-2011, 07:00 PM
Quote:
If we're being honest, there really is no debate. The community is overwhelmingly opposed to the crafting changes, and Cryptic hasnt said anything since the crafting dev blog was posted. A debate requires 2 opposing sides both presenting arguments, but Cryptic isnt responding.
So why don't we get louder about it... I was surprised to see it not constantly be a fight with Stormy as far as posts that get locked like when the original Dilithium prices came out. I know crafting is not the best anyway, but we should step it up in our displeasure. I am also kind of curious about the lack of a recent dev blog.

EDIT: The first paragraph should have been a quote... sorry to that poster
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-27-2011, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglcny View Post

So why don't we get louder about it... I was surprised to see it not constantly be a fight with Stormy as far as posts that get locked like when the original Dilithium prices came out. I know crafting is not the best anyway, but we should step it up in our displeasure. I am also kind of curious about the lack of a recent dev blog.
I have a feeling the next changes will be even more "controversial" and they are sitting on them so folks don't kill their subs for November. That way Cryptic gets one last month of sub money out of folks.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-27-2011, 07:08 PM
Quote:
I know that within my own fleet, we would lose everything we have worked so hard to create
Sums up the new crafting very nicely. Another excellent Captain's Log sir Fleczer!
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-27-2011, 07:08 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-27-2011, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdox View Post
I have a feeling the next changes will be even more "controversial" and they are sitting on them so folks don't kill their subs for November. That way Cryptic gets one last month of sub money out of folks.
Things aren't going well PR wise it seems, with the SWTOR bomb dropping...
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-27-2011, 07:12 PM
Honestly, now that it's getting out in the press about how bad the economy is, they might want to start releasing emergency patches that resolves these "outstanding issues" throughout the next week.