Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
10-28-2011, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Guys... We have content... Calm down...

We just recived a new content item, so there is no content drought, that much should be obvious to anyone...

It's not like we would like missions... That's not content. Items are... lots and lots of items... Can never have enough of that content.
I am not sure, but I think this might be debatable.

But probably not. Little is.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
10-28-2011, 02:34 AM
I dont know, sure I'd want to see some new content or c-store stuff that is actually of more use, but for once... I like pets.
Also: Originally the C-Store was for fun items... uniforms, ship skins, pets ect. Wich is exactly what this Gekli is.
People complained (with good reasons) when ships or other things with ANY impact on the game balance were addet.
More people complained when pay to win was addet (and those who complained about adding game-balance influencing things said: "See? Exactly what I said a year ago..")... IMO they are right.

But NOW when they really add JUST FUN ITEMS, wich is the original purpose of the C-Store... People complain... kind of funny.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
10-28-2011, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I am not sure, but I think this might be debatable.

But probably not. Little is.
Really???...

Do I REALLY have to put a Sacrasm-Meter on my profile, for people to detect Sarcasm?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
10-28-2011, 03:37 AM
It's all about the Gekli.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
10-28-2011, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Really???...

Do I REALLY have to put a Sacrasm-Meter on my profile, for people to detect Sarcasm?
I think it's debetable you need to put a sarcasm meter on your profile. But maybe I should?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
I dont know, sure I'd want to see some new content or c-store stuff that is actually of more use, but for once... I like pets.
Also: Originally the C-Store was for fun items... uniforms, ship skins, pets ect. Wich is exactly what this Gekli is.
People complained (with good reasons) when ships or other things with ANY impact on the game balance were addet.
More people complained when pay to win was addet (and those who complained about adding game-balance influencing things said: "See? Exactly what I said a year ago..")... IMO they are right.

But NOW when they really add JUST FUN ITEMS, wich is the original purpose of the C-Store... People complain... kind of funny.
I think the issue is more:
"Oh, a pet that does nothing but follow me when I am not in combat.
Hey, weren't we suppoed to be having weekly new episodes by now, and be in like the 3rd featured series already?"

With those weekly episodes around, I am sure people would still complain - it is still a pet with no real purpose. But at least the pet would be just a tiny thing in the tons of content people could enjoy each week. At least we had a feeling our subscription dollars are doing something.

But I think the moment P2W ships were added to the C-Store, it was inevitable that people would ask for more of this, and will no longer look favorably in any way on non-gameplay affecting items. But even if they would still have only costumes, a pet might be seen as a weak addition - a costume is a big customziation option, a pet ... less so.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
10-28-2011, 03:55 AM
Welcome to FTP. More useless fluff.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
10-28-2011, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I think it's debetable you need to put a sarcasm meter on your profile. But maybe I should?



I think the issue is more:
"Oh, a pet that does nothing but follow me when I am not in combat.
Hey, weren't we suppoed to be having weekly new episodes by now, and be in like the 3rd featured series already?"

With those weekly episodes around, I am sure people would still complain - it is still a pet with no real purpose. But at least the pet would be just a tiny thing in the tons of content people could enjoy each week. At least we had a feeling our subscription dollars are doing something.

But I think the moment P2W ships were added to the C-Store, it was inevitable that people would ask for more of this, and will no longer look favorably in any way on non-gameplay affecting items. But even if they would still have only costumes, a pet might be seen as a weak addition - a costume is a big customziation option, a pet ... less so.
I dont even say they are GENERALLY wrong.

But I believe people overestimate the effort to create such pets.
Its just "Copy Type 8 pet" -> "Change Name" -> "load Gelki skin (wich was already in game)" -> add to C-Store.
Mindless fun for those who like that stuff and easy to create, and in no way a must have for those who DONT like non-combat pets.
I, of course, agree that we desperatly need content on Holodeck, but I dont see that issue tied to things like those non-combat-pets.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
10-28-2011, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
I can't decide which is worse. This after months of no content, or getting an attack Horta before an attack targ.
Attack Targs, sigh...........
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
10-28-2011, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adwynyth View Post
Died as a result, as my Large Hypo didn't kick off the first 2 times I used it (BUG #3).
Well... nice to know it's not just me then.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Attack Targs, sigh...........
I'd settle for a cute little cuddly baby one. <3
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
10-28-2011, 04:19 AM
Could have been worst...we could have gotten a "Space Goat"...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:10 PM.