Lt. Commander
# 31
10-28-2011, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
I'd settle for a cute little cuddly baby one. <3
I sigh becuase I heard the rumors of a Targ handling kit through the mill and then later through a reliable source many months ago. Had heard in fact that the Devs refered to the saurians (in the Gorn handling kit) as Gorn dogs. Very funny.
Been anxiuosly awaiting then ever since. Of course being KDF, I have anxiuosly awaited a lot in the past two years. In fact teh anxiuos has almost wore off my waiting.
Lt. Commander
# 32
10-28-2011, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I sigh becuase I heard the rumors of a Targ handling kit through the mill and then later through a reliable source many months ago. Had heard in fact that the Devs refered to the saurians (in the Gorn handling kit) as Gorn dogs. Very funny.
Been anxiuosly awaiting then ever since. Of course being KDF, I have anxiuosly awaited a lot in the past two years. In fact teh anxiuos has almost wore off my waiting.
You should know better by now.
Targ handling is planed and was mentionet several times.
Since it isnt fed content it will be there.. in broken state, somewhen late 2013 and fixed I guess early 2016. Look forward to it and enjoy tons of new fed pets and uniforms until then...
Lt. Commander
# 33
10-28-2011, 05:02 AM
No one wants a god damn gekli we want some missions and some story. Not more P2W and useless c-store rubbish. I honestly feel insulted that they have time to put Gekli in the C-Store but not activate the new FE.
Lt. Commander
# 34
10-28-2011, 05:08 AM
i have been concerned with a lack of content on STO holo for a while now since the last one was exactly a month ago. but a gekli pet is insignificant to the amount of small bug fixes they could of brought up in order to setup the transition from tribble to holo server content.

the only other things that were changed is the pet spacing and a cooldown on login attempts.... that really annoyed the hell out of me on the latter, especially when i need to change toons for an STF...
Lt. Commander
# 35
10-28-2011, 05:14 AM
they have story ready to come out-they are just working on the f2p stuff...they just had this, and decided to throw it out because its something that doesnt matter, and took very little effort, and the people working on it, really liked it.

also, i would like to ask why are you whining about something that doesnt even matter? sure, wed all like more content, but this is a non-combat pet, which takes a total of like 15 mins to make and put through to the game...for one person to do-they prolly did it on their own time, thought it was cute, and threw it in. but more content takes many weeks of a crew to make, test, fix, and perfect. its like comparing plant cells and trees....
Lt. Commander
# 36
10-28-2011, 05:35 AM
I certainly understand the bad feelings about the content drought. But I guess it is clear by now that we won't get much until F2P launches. There's probably not much we can do about that.

But then... Why complain about it on a cosmetic pet C-Store release? By now it should be fairly clear that this hardly affects anything even remotely related to content.

It's fluff that brings in some money for Cryptic. Nothing more, nothing less. If you don't like it, don't buy it.
Lt. Commander
# 37
10-28-2011, 05:42 AM
it's not the issue about buying it, its the issue of a lack on content besides the pet..
Lt. Commander
# 38
10-28-2011, 05:53 AM
In the imortal words of Charlie Brown: "Good grief"

Yeah .. this will go a LONG way to get players foaming at the mouth with this exciting new addition ... NOT !

Content anyone ?

I think I'm gonna be ill !

Look folks .. I'm not normaly this down on stuff .. BUT REALLY ... when will someone PLEASE realize that most of us really want this game to be successful. IMHO this was really bad timming to get folks to believe that somehow players REALLY DO MATTER ! (sorry but this really BAD PR !)

(note: caps are for emphasis and not yelling !)

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 39
10-28-2011, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambrace
Well, I for one like the Gekli.

It's little touches like that, that bring a game to life for me.

and since it's a C-store item it helps support the game, which in the end make the game better.
And so far we've seen how much "better" the game is because of the c-store... (sarcasm off)

Welcome to C-Store Online
Lt. Commander
# 40
10-28-2011, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
You should know better by now.
Targ handling is planed and was mentionet several times.
Since it isnt fed content it will be there.. in broken state, somewhen late 2013 and fixed I guess early 2016. Look forward to it and enjoy tons of new fed pets and uniforms until then...
Sounds awesome. Still better than being PvP content.

Though admittedly, PvE story content and PvP content have seemed to gone closer in development over the past few months.