Lt. Commander
# 1 Question for the Devs
10-27-2011, 10:16 PM
Question for the Devs:

Are you guys aware of the frustration of the PvP community? If so, why do you feel that we so upset and do you feel that it is justified?

I don't want this to turn into a "flame the Devs!" thread, I want it to be a place of genuine communication between the Devs and the PvP population. Perhaps there's somehow a disconnect between the community's feelings and the Devs interpretation. We don't want them to ignore every single one of our posts and brand them all off as pointless flaming, maybe we can help them understand what's wrong if they acknowledge that there is something (everything?) wrong and help them understand where we're coming from.

Don't get us wrong here, we WANT to play this game and we WANT it to be successful and we WANT to have great PvP. But we've gotten a very hostile response to our efforts and plight thus far.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-27-2011, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Question for the Devs:

Are you guys aware of the frustration of the PvP community? If so, why do you feel that we so upset and do you feel that it is justified?
Just putting it out there, but you might want to put this in the pve forums if you want to get their attention.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-27-2011, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
Just putting it out there, but you might want to put this in the pve forums if you want to get their attention.
It'd get insta-highjacked by "PvP doesn't matter, my rank pips are miscolored!" and the like.

Also, I <3 your sig.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-27-2011, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
It'd get insta-highjacked by "PvP doesn't matter, my rank pips are miscolored!" and the like.

Also, I <3 your sig.
Honstly I suspect its devs on alt accounts that post those PvP don't matter posts outside of our little world where you can post I quit threads and break pretty much any other rule you want with no worries of being noticed.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-28-2011, 11:34 AM
I personally believe that Cryptic devs are unable to do so because, some, devs out there don't have maps to the PVP section of the forums. I think that our devs over here like in the TOR and everywhere such as should help the TOR, err help STO.....and listen to the community :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-28-2011, 12:07 PM
I'm not frustrated....

I'm apathetic at this point.

(ăp'ə-thĕt'ĭk) also ap·a·thet·i·cal (-ĭ-kəl)
adj.
1.Feeling or showing a lack of interest or concern; indifferent.
2.Feeling or showing little or no emotion; unresponsive.
[From APATHY, on the model of PATHETIC.]

apathetically ap'a·thet'i·cal·ly adv.

Hopefully after F2P luanches come out and time can be spent on PvPs growth and issues, I will be excited again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Honstly I suspect its devs on alt accounts that post those PvP don't matter posts outside of our little world where you can post I quit threads and break pretty much any other rule you want with no worries of being noticed.
MUFFINSMUFFINSMUFFINS
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-28-2011, 12:19 PM
Shall we set an over/under when a dev will respond to this thread? I'll start by guessing never...

Well I take that back, it seems stormshade is now ganking our "I quit" pages now. My guess is that will probably be the response to your question. Two weeks
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-28-2011, 12:22 PM
No one is paying attention to what I think is really going on.

Did you all see the post about someone complaining in pve forums about spread and they got on it right quick?

This is intentional people. I didn't want to think so, but they want us gone. I see no other reason for the descisions being made. They want us gone or just don't care.

Also attention stormshade: they aren't I quit threads. The are goodbye threads from people who IMO don't really want to leave. Or at least wouldn't be leaving if it wasn't for the total lack of support for what they see as the greatest part of your game.

You all need a new customer relations rep and strategy. I read other gaming forums, and you total lack of anything other than closing threads is quite astonishing, given the passionate posts and responces we read here in the pvp forums. Have you guys dipped into the other forum headings lately? Lame content.

The thinkers are here. And they are quickly leaving.

Have fun kill bad guys

-horizon
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-28-2011, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHorizon
No one is paying attention to what I think is really going on.

Did you all see the post about someone complaining in pve forums about spread and they got on it right quick?

This is intentional people. I didn't want to think so, but they want us gone. I see no other reason for the descisions being made. They want us gone or just don't care.

Also attention stormshade: they aren't I quit threads. The are goodbye threads from people who IMO don't really want to leave. Or at least wouldn't be leaving if it wasn't for the total lack of support for what they see as the greatest part of your game.

You all need a new customer relations rep and strategy. I read other gaming forums, and you total lack of anything other than closing threads is quite astonishing, given the passionate posts and responces we read here in the pvp forums. Have you guys dipped into the other forum headings lately? Lame content.

The thinkers are here. And they are quickly leaving.

Have fun kill bad guys

-horizon
^^ This! Every Bit Of It!
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-28-2011, 12:49 PM
Agreed horizon. I also found the theory of them getting rid of as much of us as possible to be absurd, but am coming around on that opinion also. Maybe they figure for the good of the game, getting rid of as much of us as possible will give this "new" player base a chance to learn to pvp without getting wiped off the map by more skilled players. "acceptable losses" I believe is the term. We're fodder!!!

Honestly cryptic, how can you develope a mmo with pvp in it without any devs that pvp's and understands balance??? It would be like getting rid of gozer and anyone else that actually plays the stf's you guys spend so much time on?