Lt. Commander
# 11
10-28-2011, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Heedjezim said in another thread - they will never ever say this. There is no benefit for them for doing so, even if it's true. It just means that people leave the game entirely. People that will then not not pay money on a subscription or the C-Store.
you mean dstahl in disguise?
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-28-2011, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
this all started before perfect world entered the picture (ie since the game was released) unless you're saying theyve had a hand in the cookie jar since the beginning as well....

i just dont understand it though, ive seen some of their other games and the pvp stuff is decent/passable/even looks kind of cool on some things. which makes me think that whats going on now isnt pw (although they arent saying anything because it brings in money) but its entirely in cryptics hands....
I disagree.
Sure before PW there was already a lot wrong.
No content, wrong prioritys, no bugfixes ect ect ect.
But the reasons for some of that were obvious and understandable: no money, no personal ect.

PWE brought a new kind of horror. The whole china flair; starting with pay to win, going further with grind, rip offs like... 870 cp for respecs for example... up to COMPLETLY IGNORING the currently paying customers.
There were always delays, but even with the low resources they calculatet that we would have at least some content, the FE for example by now. And that they NOW have resources to deliver content we see on tribble. But we dont get the content becuase f2p is has higher priority.
If they would split their resources and work on f2p independently from new content we could hve FEs, new STFs, the DO system and a lot of other things that are currently on tribble sooner or even WOULD already have it, but no... the chinese masters orders are diffrent. Nobody cares for giving us what we actaully payed for just to get the "free to p(l)ay for win" a week sooner.
Thats completly other issue then we had before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr1580 View Post
Aye! Honestly, at this point, I think the only reason I am still here is because I refuse to let Cryptic/PWE win.
So you refuse to let them win by.... giving them more money`?
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-28-2011, 07:21 AM
Quote:
So you refuse to let them win by.... giving them more money`?
Where did I say I was giving them more money? My belief is that they want the PvP playerbase gone so they can start over fresh with players who don't already have a vision of what STO PvP should/could be. That's the battle I don't want them to win. I will be here, at F2P launch ready to completely demoralize all the noobsauce who come with F2P launch. No quarter shall be given, no surrenders accepted!

Edit: Due to the numbers of players leaving, quarter may be given to those who genuinely want help learning to play the game. Need to fill the fleet ranks back up somehow, I guess
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-28-2011, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr1580 View Post
Where did I say I was giving them more money? My belief is that they want the PvP playerbase gone so they can start over fresh with players who don't already have a vision of what STO PvP should/could be. That's the battle I don't want them to win. I will be here, at F2P launch ready to completely demoralize all the noobsauce who come with F2P launch. No quarter shall be given, no surrenders accepted!
Well since your name isnt blue, currently "you staying" means "you paying". No offense I obviously do the same but... paying them doesnt sound like "not letting them win".

And the PvP playerbase gets ignored if we stay or not...
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-28-2011, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Well since your name isnt blue, currently "you staying" means "you paying". No offense I obviously do the same but... paying them doesnt sound like "not letting them win".

And the PvP playerbase gets ignored if we stay or not...
Oh, you mean the sub. Yeah, that counts, I guess. I don't usually think about it, it's been on auto-pilot so long. I was really referring to the c-store, which I haven't used since f2p was announced. Not even for a respec. Oh, and I don't own a single x.5 ship or console. I don't mind the sub as much, since I still do enjoy the social aspects of the game and actually manage to have fun in PvP sometimes.
Lt. Commander
# 16 Endurance....
10-28-2011, 09:03 AM
I've seen so many people leave, i've played on the same team as some of the best players in the game. I've seen people who would've made great pvp'rs quit because they've felt griefed. I have complained day in and day out. I've sought everyday to improve myself in this game. I ride with the Tricobalt Bomber known as Minimax. I will play until they fly the servers apart. And when that day comes.... you will remember from the day Captain Tripwire queued up, regardless of the outcome of any match.....there was never a point when he was not in the Queue. Pew Pew Mai Kai.

Captain "Aye" Tripwire

-Pew-Pew 4 Life-
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-28-2011, 09:19 AM
i subbed for recourring 6 months so im in till march at least. i must say skyrim and TOR will steal a bunch of my time but i do live space battles, and will need to scratch that itch.

at least slay the first round of f2p noobs.

-have fun kill skilled pilots (at least until this past week when a few of them rolled out)
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-28-2011, 10:53 AM
Aye, my subscription renewed for 6 months on July 2. I'll be here a while yet.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Well, for the players that continue to willingly paytoplay (whether sub or c-store) I truly wish you the best. I sincerely hope cryptic eventually pulls their head out.
After talking to some fleetmates that are also sticking it out and realizing I may never play again with them, I'm even sadder to be leaving once my subs run out.
This game had such potential. For me, I reached a point where I just can't justify paying a developer another dime when they haven't spent a single one of my dollars on pvp development in at least the last year. I guess my logic is if we keep telling them actions speak louder than words, then sooner or later I have to live up to the same advice and take action instead of trying to use words to encourage change. Who knows, maybe a year from now they'll spend some time on pvp, and a lot of us will come back to an amazing game...
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-28-2011, 12:32 PM
STO needs a Linty...

wait no, I have a LTS.