Lt. Commander
# 21
10-28-2011, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallout23 View Post
Well, for the players that continue to willingly paytoplay (whether sub or c-store) I truly wish you the best. I sincerely hope cryptic eventually pulls their head out.
After talking to some fleetmates that are also sticking it out and realizing I may never play again with them, I'm even sadder to be leaving once my subs run out.
This game had such potential. For me, I reached a point where I just can't justify paying a developer another dime when they haven't spent a single one of my dollars on pvp development in at least the last year. I guess my logic is if we keep telling them actions speak louder than words, then sooner or later I have to live up to the same advice and take action instead of trying to use words to encourage change. Who knows, maybe a year from now they'll spend some time on pvp, and a lot of us will come back to an amazing game...
I sincerely hope this day comes. Everytime I see someone say goodbye, I can't help but think of the low probablilities of ever running into them in another game, given the global nature of STO on a single server/instanced setup. That makes me sad.

Cryptic PLEASE save STO PvP! You must stop the hemorrhaging, we're bleeding out (I believe that's been mentioned once or twice) Just make us a new map or 2, anything to show you care. I really believe a gesture on your behalf is both needed and deserved.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-28-2011, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr1580 View Post
I sincerely hope this day comes. Everytime I see someone say goodbye, I can't help but think of the low probablilities of ever running into them in another game, given the global nature of STO on a single server/instanced setup. That makes me sad.
True. Too many of the PvP community are an entire oceaon away! I won't even meet many people in TOR unless I manage to get somehow on a US server and have a decent connection...

For the pen & paper RPers among us - GenCon 2012 perhaps?
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-28-2011, 01:06 PM
Its pretty easy to say you will stick it out when you have a life time sub.

Honesty the feeling I get is this.... some one higher up a few years back didn't do there job and require their employees to make proper notes. lol
Ok I am throwing a dart in the dark there... just a hunch if you will.
I feel All the bugs... and all the apprehension about making seemingly minor changes can all be traced back to the fact that the guys that did the bulk of the work on this engine no longer work for Cryptic and didn't bother to note how any of it worked. I honestly believe the poor guys at Cryptic have to reverse engineer their own engine every single time they add or change anything. This of course means every time they do they break something else.
Like I say just a hunch.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-28-2011, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Its pretty easy to say you will stick it out when you have a life time sub.

Honesty the feeling I get is this.... some one higher up a few years back didn't do there job and require their employees to make proper notes. lol
Ok I am throwing a dart in the dark there... just a hunch if you will.
I feel All the bugs... and all the apprehension about making seemingly minor changes can all be traced back to the fact that the guys that did the bulk of the work on this engine no longer work for Cryptic and didn't bother to note how any of it worked. I honestly believe the poor guys at Cryptic have to reverse engineer their own engine every single time they add or change anything. This of course means every time they do they break something else.
Like I say just a hunch.
That is more than a little believable. Obviously, you will never get them to say so, but it's the most reasonable explanation I've heard, other than Cryptic doesn't care and wants us gone. You would think their PR people would want us to believe one over the other, or to take away the need to choose, altogether.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-28-2011, 01:16 PM
It is my understanding that PW is big on PvP, so I am hopeful.

A week or two ago, I hit the wall in STO. I signed on and said to myself, "self, what are we going to start with?" Self answered "I don't want to do any of it". Self logged out and downloaded another MMO self had heard about.

I'm still hopeful, though. Not sure why.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-28-2011, 01:16 PM
I agree open pvp open pvp
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
It is my understanding that PW is big on PvP, so I am hopeful.

A week or two ago, I hit the wall in STO. I signed on and said to myself, "self, what are we going to start with?" Self answered "I don't want to do any of it". Self logged out and downloaded another MMO self had heard about.

I'm still hopeful, though. Not sure why.
Funny you say that. Logged on last night, no one was on (as usual lately), asked myself what I should do, and decided to log out and download BF3. wish I had the epiphany before I got home though. I would have stopped and picked up a physical copy instead of downloading 15 gigs of game through my slow azz connection. Lol, k here's a lame one. My connection speed is so slow, it makes cryptics track record of fixing broken abilities look quick
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-28-2011, 01:27 PM
I will stay in this game no matter what.

I will try SWTOR yeah, and I will perhaps spend a bit more time in there, yeh, but i will certainly not stop killing those nubies in PvP arena in STO ^^

gg matteo
now i check forum
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-28-2011, 01:45 PM
Not looking good, you know you would need 10 confirmed to get a game right, well unless you ask cryptic to allow 3vs2 games i guess, but them every doing anything to help pvp is hoping for a long shot
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-28-2011, 01:51 PM
Deleted duplicate