Lt. Commander
# 11
10-28-2011, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
I certainly do hope that the things being "worked really hard on" are the removal of Dilithium as a requirement in crafting, the return of the VA token for gold members, and a rework on the forced mission progression.
Quite. o_ợ

As a user of a rather low end system (cough:crap rig:cough), there are some missions I simply cannot do because the maps they take place on are so chock-full of unnecessary crap just put in for "flavor" (pretties) that my computer simply cannot render all of it at once, and ends up crashing.

The Deferi System, the Deferi City, and the Imaga System are prime examples.

With forced mission progression, my progress grinds to a halt at missions involving those systems.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-28-2011, 02:38 PM
If you read some of the F2P post were trying to throw wrenches in to the machine to stop the explotation of refined dilith.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-28-2011, 02:39 PM
Quote:
I certainly do hope that the things being "worked really hard on" are the removal of Dilithium as a requirement in crafting, the return of the VA token for gold members, and a rework on the forced mission progression.
Its like you scanned my brain and posted EXACTLY what I was thinking.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-28-2011, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
The devs are pretty busy right now, and sadly haven't had a chance to get us a blog this week. They've been working really hard on making changes for Tribble right now. We'll have more blogs for you soon.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Sadly I cannot reply to this open and honestly, because if I did I would earn a forum infraction.

I think that sums up how I feel.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-28-2011, 02:56 PM
Don't forget to give Us back the Trans-Warp Nodes that You took off the T-5 Excelsior.

THAT WE SPECIFICALLY PAID EXTRA FOR !!!

Lt. Commander
# 16
10-28-2011, 02:59 PM
WIth it almost being Nov I expect them to be working on making a big deal of the final release date of F2P. Once the release date is out it will be the start of hyping up the F2P launch. Add in the high chances of an open beta on Tribble and I'm sure the devs have plenty of work to do.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-28-2011, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
Don't forget to give Us back the Trans-Warp Nodes that You took off the T-5 Excelsior.

FYI, if you buy the T3 excelsior now(which only costs EC) then when F2P happens it will get auto upgraded to the new transwarp console that includes the sectors being removed from the T5 console. Then you can use whichever console you want to travel where you want to go.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-28-2011, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post

These two posts pretty much sum up where I'm at. Well that and I think the idea of time-gating subscribers is a terrible idea. We shouldn't be limited to only 8,000 Dil a day. If I want to spend all day Saturday and earn 40,000 Dil to get a new shiney, I shouldn't have to spend a week before I can spend it.

Then there's the problem with making Dil items Bind-on-Pickup. Emblem items are Bind-on-Equipt. This latter point means I can spend my time earning Emblems and sell the resultant spoils to other players for EC, but more importantly to me, it also means I can spend time on one character, mostly my Main/oldest that I play the most, and if I create an alternate character, once I level him to End Game, I don't have to grind the Alt for equipment. I can send the purples from the Main. I won't be able to do that anymore with Dil BoP items.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-28-2011, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
FYI, if you buy the T3 excelsior now(which only costs EC) then when F2P happens it will get auto upgraded to the new transwarp console that includes the sectors being removed from the T5 console. Then you can use whichever console you want to travel where you want to go.
Oh Grand Nagus, your wisdom has failed you.

This work-around may work now, but it is not a true solution to the problem.

Assuming I was OK with spending EC as you suggest, when the changes go through in F2P I then have to carry around two more consoles and either lose 0-2 Console Slots on my Ship and/or 0-2 Inventory Slots and then play Console flippy-flop when I want to TW. Not fun. Not convenient. Not what I paid for.

More importantly, what happens after F2P comes 'round and I want to make a new character? I can no longer buy the T3 via EC at that time. I'll be forced to buy it with CP.

How is it, in any way, fair for me to have to buy (with whatever currency) another ship to restore the powers I already paid for?

For more detailed analysis on how/why the T5 Excel Nerf is bad, please read my previous posts:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?p=3821093
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?p=3823135
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?p=3823359
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?p=3824394

10/31 Update: The Excel due to be restored.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-28-2011, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
Quite. o_ợ

As a user of a rather low end system (cough:crap rig:cough), there are some missions I simply cannot do because the maps they take place on are so chock-full of unnecessary crap just put in for "flavor" (pretties) that my computer simply cannot render all of it at once, and ends up crashing.

The Deferi System, the Deferi City, and the Imaga System are prime examples.

With forced mission progression, my progress grinds to a halt at missions involving those systems.
Good news for you is that one of PW's priorities is to get STO working on lesser technology. I'm thinking most systems in China are crap.