Lt. Commander
# 21
10-28-2011, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
The devs are pretty busy right now, and sadly haven't had a chance to get us a blog this week. They've been working really hard on making changes for Tribble right now. We'll have more blogs for you soon.

Thanks,

Stormshade
What about an Ask Cryptic? Haven't had one of those in a long while. I'm sure plenty of us have questions, especially about f2p changes...
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-28-2011, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
What about an Ask Cryptic? Haven't had one of those in a long while. I'm sure plenty of us have questions, especially about f2p changes...
Oh, don't be silly! If they had an Ask Cryptic it might send the message that that PW wants them to actually take our feedback into account!
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-28-2011, 05:11 PM
Are the Chinese even going to be permitted to play this game or post on these forums lol? Or will their Govt block them?
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-28-2011, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
Quite. o_ợ

As a user of a rather low end system (cough:crap rig:cough), there are some missions I simply cannot do because the maps they take place on are so chock-full of unnecessary crap just put in for "flavor" (pretties) that my computer simply cannot render all of it at once, and ends up crashing.

The Deferi System, the Deferi City, and the Imaga System are prime examples.

With forced mission progression, my progress grinds to a halt at missions involving those systems.
They said they want to expand system specs and don't like the forced progression system. I would imagine that these fixes take some time to implement on Tribble.

While I concur that there are still many issues from a Gold player perspective especially, and that some of these concerns could be alleviated with some communication, I also think there is a lot of Hyperbole from players and a lack of clear message on what is wanted.

As a player I can see that a lot of people are unhappy about "stuff" but I am also at a loss for why some people are unhappy, or what would make them happy(ier). Since in my experience devs are not telepaths, they certainly can't have much better insight then I do about random hate posts.

I would suggest that PatricianVetinari is a great model to follow on giving effective feedback, not only does he say he is unhappy, he gives details as to what makes him unhappy, why it makes him unhappy, and often gives feedback on what would make him happy(ier).

They changed their minds on ship tokens and some other things, its too soon to say they won't on other things as well. Not that feedback shouldn't still be given, but hyperbolic posts are just going to be ignored. They are like self fulfilling prophecies, people become so indignant and impossible to communicate with and understand that it becomes even easier to ignore them.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-28-2011, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexy
They said they want to expand system specs and don't like the forced progression system. I would imagine that these fixes take some time to implement on Tribble.

While I concur that there are still many issues from a Gold player perspective especially, and that some of these concerns could be alleviated with some communication, I also think there is a lot of Hyperbole from players and a lack of clear message on what is wanted.

As a player I can see that a lot of people are unhappy about "stuff" but I am also at a loss for why some people are unhappy, or what would make them happy(ier). Since in my experience devs are not telepaths, they certainly can't have much better insight then I do about random hate posts.

I would suggest that PatricianVetinari is a great model to follow on giving effective feedback, not only does he say he is unhappy, he gives details as to what makes him unhappy, why it makes him unhappy, and often gives feedback on what would make him happy(ier).

They changed their minds on ship tokens and some other things, its too soon to say they won't on other things as well. Not that feedback shouldn't still be given, but hyperbolic posts are just going to be ignored. They are like self fulfilling prophecies, people become so indignant and impossible to communicate with and understand that it becomes even easier to ignore them.
You do realize that a lot of us are stating exactly what is wrong with item X or system Y, right? Hell, some people are even giving well thought-out ideas on how to make this better, even to the point where they are suggesting a form of compromise. Look at Katic's crafting idea, for example. The only people NOT talking here are the devs.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-28-2011, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
I certainly do hope that the things being "worked really hard on" are the removal of Dilithium as a requirement in crafting, the return of the VA token for gold members, and a rework on the forced mission progression.
In the priority one interview posted today storm shade said that the va token is gone with pretty much no chance of returning. So that answers one question.
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-28-2011, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adarandrel
In the priority one interview posted today storm shade said that the va token is gone with pretty much no chance of returning. So that answers one question.
Ah... The only way I will spend in the STO C-Store is indeed true, then.

Time to buy the Defiant-R while the sale is on. That's dirty, Cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
I certainly do hope that the things being "worked really hard on" are the removal of Dilithium as a requirement in crafting, the return of the VA token for gold members, and a rework on the forced mission progression.
+1

10/chars
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-28-2011, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post
Ah... The only way I will spend in the STO C-Store is indeed true, then.

Time to buy the Defiant-R while the sale is on. That's dirty, Cryptic!
Or wait until the game is F2P and you are getting a stipend as a lifer. There will be another sale around Christmas, and you should have at least one stipend by then.
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adarandrel
Two words;

"Wrong Answer"