Lt. Commander
# 31
10-28-2011, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
the return of the VA token for gold members

Sorry to say, but stormshade said in this weeks prority one episode that the va token wont be coming back to anyone.
Of course what he said in that and what actually happens, who knows, but it was said
Lt. Commander
# 32
10-28-2011, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
I certainly do hope that the things being "worked really hard on" are the removal of Dilithium as a requirement in crafting, the return of the VA token for gold members, and a rework on the forced mission progression.
Here, here, but unfortunately I fear it is just time to think of a new shiney to wave in front of our faces to try to make us forget about all of the above problems, and more.
Lt. Commander
# 33
10-28-2011, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
Quite. o_ợ

As a user of a rather low end system (cough:crap rig:cough), there are some missions I simply cannot do because the maps they take place on are so chock-full of unnecessary crap just put in for "flavor" (pretties) that my computer simply cannot render all of it at once, and ends up crashing.

The Deferi System, the Deferi City, and the Imaga System are prime examples.

With forced mission progression, my progress grinds to a halt at missions involving those systems.
Not to sound like a jerk but tough ****. Get a better computer. They do not need to tone the graphics down because someone bought the game without reading the minimum system requirements.
Lt. Commander
# 34
10-28-2011, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
Two words;

"Wrong Answer"
Not for Them.

THIS.., just leads me to believe that the Game as we knew and enjoyed it, is Totally and Irreparably Gone.

I'm at the point now where no matter what They do at this point, I am through...

I'm a Lifer so I'll probably fiddle with my current toons on Holodeck every once in a while and try the DOff System again when it hits Live... (though I won't be buying any packs)

I will spend out the rest of my current C-Points this weekend and that will be the last nickle & dime They will ever get from me.

Was fun while it lasted...
Lt. Commander
# 35
10-28-2011, 09:30 PM
I would say the majority of players who try F2P wont make it to VA anyway. The game still basically has all the same problems it launched but now with ten times the repetition.

I don't think they understand that people aren't going to fork over all that cash for ships when there's nothing really to do with them.
Lt. Commander
# 36
10-28-2011, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presbytier View Post
Not to sound like a jerk but tough ****. Get a better computer. They do not need to tone the graphics down because someone bought the game without reading the minimum system requirements.
That's really constructive criticism there..

Actually, I do meet the minimum system requirements, as they stood at launch. The thing is, most of the areas that kick me, are things added since that are just crowded beyond belief.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
Lt. Commander
# 37
10-28-2011, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
Sorry to say, but stormshade said in this weeks prority one episode that the va token wont be coming back to anyone.
Of course what he said in that and what actually happens, who knows, but it was said
While not the biggest dealbreaker for me, it is certainly a mighty kick to the groin. Frankly, they should find a way around the people who they fear will "game" the system. I am almost to the point where I don't care what else is coming down the pipe. I already have that "other" sci-fi MMO on preorder and it's coming out in a month-and-a-half. From what little I've seen of it, it blows the pants off of STO. A pity, too. I had high hopes for this game.
Lt. Commander
# 38
10-28-2011, 10:16 PM
Remembering the 'golden' age we had when they updated sector space, we were getting featured episodes, Dstahl at the helm with all these great (content, not c-store) ideas. Things looked so bright and now here we are watching all that potential get squandered in a money grab for new free to play customers while those of us who have payed to keep this game alive through that massive content drought get the cold shoulder. The silence we get about the issues we have raised speaks volumes on how they really value about our opinions. It's just really, really, sad to watch so many long time subscribers and lifetime players willing to walk away or become nothing more than occasional visitors and not any effort on Crypic's part to allay or address these concerns. The lack of effort in this area shows just how valuable we are to them.
Lt. Commander
# 39
10-28-2011, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
Not for Them.
Ultimately it might be.

The amount of anger negativity and cynicism they have bred through their ill advised actions may be a lethal dose for the game, F2P crowd of silvers or no.

The F2P crowd may not even show up.

I've begun to recently talk to other Star Trek fans outside the forum, face to face, and I always get the same answer when I ask if they'll play STO at F2P;

"Heck no. Cryptic screwed a bunch of people over right? everyone seems so angry... I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole." or similar sentiments.
Lt. Commander
# 40
10-28-2011, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
Ultimately it might be.

The amount of anger negativity and cynicism they have bred through their ill advised actions may be a lethal dose for the game, F2P crowd of silvers or no.

The F2P crowd may not even show up.

I've begun to recently talk to other Star Trek fans outside the forum, face to face, and I always get the same answer when I ask if they'll play STO at F2P;

"Heck no. Cryptic screwed a bunch of people over right? everyone seems so angry... I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole." or similar sentiments.
I know what you mean. I was trying to get a friend all hyped-up for the F2P conversion when I first heard about it. Then I started telling him about the changes. He told me that he won't return at all as long as there is that massive grind. Not only are they losing existing customers over this, they're losing potential revenue in incoming and returning players who would have considered coming back.