Lt. Commander
# 41
10-28-2011, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
I know what you mean. I was trying to get a friend all hyped-up for the F2P conversion when I first heard about it. Then I started telling him about the changes. He told me that he won't return at all as long as there is that massive grind. Not only are they losing existing customers over this, they're losing potential revenue in incoming and returning players who would have considered coming back.
Someone scoffed at me the other day when I posted that now-a-days in this Internetz Age...,

A Bad Word-of-Mouth is just a Click away...

... it seems the word is getting around...

And I haven't told a soul.
Lt. Commander
# 42
10-28-2011, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Not only are they losing existing customers over this, they're losing potential revenue in incoming and returning players who would have considered coming back.
And they're alienating the casual demographic which will always make up a large portion of the new players after something goes F2P or launches F2P.

By that I mean people who, even if they aren't huge trek fans, would have played the game because it was good and free and interesting.

Well now that the chances of the game appearing appealing have gone so far down...
...There goes that demographic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
Someone scoffed at me the other day when I posted that now-a-days in this Internetz Age...,

A Bad Word-of-Mouth is just a Click away...

... it seems the word is getting around...

And I haven't told a soul.
Reputation seeps and creeps.
But fast.
Like Kudzu. It seems to be still, a mere plant. But given only a day it can grow halfway up a telephone pole.
Give it a week and it can grow up a pole, across a wire, down the other side of the road and across half a field.

Even if nobody from the forums said anything directly people would get an idea of whats going on here, and I get the feeling people are speaking their minds to potential new customers.

I'd like to state for the record that I will strongly discourage any new prospective customers I meet and ask others to do the same until the course we are on has been altered for the better.
Lt. Commander
# 43
10-28-2011, 11:31 PM
Quote:
I know what you mean. I was trying to get a friend all hyped-up for the F2P conversion when I first heard about it. Then I started telling him about the changes. He told me that he won't return at all as long as there is that massive grind. Not only are they losing existing customers over this, they're losing potential revenue in incoming and returning players who would have considered coming back.
Bingo!...because the true goals of PWI are to get the technology, as they don't care about Star Trek or Cryptic at all, and are merely gutting them for their tech, which is why this halfhearted attempt at revitalizing the game is being revealed as exactly that.

-
Lt. Commander
# 44
10-28-2011, 11:42 PM
Funny, Asked this on the Tribble forum 2 days ago and got no responses, but I'm glad that we at least get an answer.

I agree with others here, I hope they are fixing the VA Ship and removing the dilithium tax for crafting.....
Lt. Commander
# 45
10-29-2011, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psytce View Post
Funny, Asked this on the Tribble forum 2 days ago and got no responses, but I'm glad that we at least get an answer.

I agree with others here, I hope they are fixing the VA Ship and removing the dilithium tax for crafting.....
According to StormShade the VA Token Issue, is Dead-In-The-Water...

Which leads one to believe that the Crafting+Dilithium Issue is also probably already Set-In-Stone.

One should just plan ones future playing of the game around these facts or find another game to play.

This is essentially what We have been alluded to, at this point.
Lt. Commander
# 46
10-29-2011, 12:36 AM
Simple solution to all the problems and screwing over we are getting... we ALL stop testing for them, if we ALL stop they are either going to have to hire a lot of testers which will cost them a lot of money or risk putting out massivly buggy code at F2P launch....

In short they need us more than we need them !!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 47
10-29-2011, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meehee View Post
Simple solution to all the problems and screwing over we are getting... we ALL stop testing for them, if we ALL stop they are either going to have to hire a lot of testers which will cost them a lot of money or risk putting out massivly buggy code at F2P launch....

In short they need us more than we need them !!!!!
Quit testing and grind like crazy on holo deck. So even if the changes do show up you have a buffer Of delithium ready for the new f2p world.
Lt. Commander
# 48
10-29-2011, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
According to StormShade the VA Token Issue, is Dead-In-The-Water...

Which leads one to believe that the Crafting+Dilithium Issue is also probably already Set-In-Stone.

One should just plan ones future playing of the game around these facts or find another game to play.

This is essentially what We have been alluded to, at this point.
So I guess that is another chat to "believe". I guess they aren't taking our feedback and changing things....

Still it is really funny that the complaint about Silver players not having access to the Foundry was taken and now the Silver player are going to be able to access the foundry..... I guess the only way you get something is if your a Silver player, because all they are doing with the subscribers are taking stuff away.....

Guess this is also why they never really said anything, they are waiting for it to just fade away .....

Makes me think about ever buying anything else from Cryptic .... Should have been a LTS to Champions, they even get special FREE items for Halloween, while we get nothing and are told to like it .....
Lt. Commander
# 49
10-29-2011, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psytce View Post
Makes me think about ever buying anything else from Cryptic .... Should have been a LTS to Champions, they even get special FREE items for Halloween, while we get nothing and are told to like it .....
We do get something for halloween, a 20% c-store sale for 2 WHOLE DAYS !!!!!..... Which is rather insulting considering pretty much every other MMO out there has ingame fun events of some kind with cool free rewards !
Lt. Commander
# 50
10-29-2011, 01:48 AM
This isn't getting anything, you still have to buy to get the 20%.... They (Champions Online) have about 15 items that are being given as drops, some are costume pieces, which you get to keep and wear whenever you like.....