Lt. Commander
# 51
10-29-2011, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psytce View Post
Still it is really funny that the complaint about Silver players not having access to the Foundry was taken and now the Silver player are going to be able to access the foundry..... I guess the only way you get something is if your a Silver player, because all they are doing with the subscribers are taking stuff away.
Who gives a crap about Silvers having access to FOUNDRY? Even people who LIKE Foundry should think this is a terrible idea, because it opens the door for people to create an infinite number of free accounts and clog the mission browser up with even more useless Hello World missions. Of all the dumb decisions made in this beta so far, this is by far the dumbest. I can't imagine anyone who is NOT going to try the game because they can't access a lame content creation tool, and there is no conceivable benefit to this for anyone.
Lt. Commander
# 52
10-29-2011, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
Who gives a crap about Silvers having access to FOUNDRY? Even people who LIKE Foundry should think this is a terrible idea, because it opens the door for people to create an infinite number of free accounts and clog the mission browser up with even more useless Hello World missions. Of all the dumb decisions made in this beta so far, this is by far the dumbest. I can't imagine anyone who is NOT going to try the game because they can't access a lame content creation tool, and there is no conceivable benefit to this for anyone.
I was only using that as an example, Silver players complain and they got what they wanted, The forums are swamped with Gold players complaining about the changes and there has been nothing said by Cryptic for over a week....but it looks like we are not getting the VA ships back. So I guess Gold players get stuff taken away, but Silver players get more .... I don't understand getting your subscription player base annoyed, but that's what Cryptic has done.
By looking at all the post written over the last week I would say a vast majority of the player base is not happy with the changes being tested on Tribble.
But according to this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
According to StormShade the VA Token Issue, is Dead-In-The-Water...
So I guess that most of the subscription player base is just not going to be happy.
I've already seen more of a certain type of forbidden post today than I've seen over the last few months.....
Lt. Commander
# 53
10-29-2011, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psytce View Post
I was only using that as an example, Silver players complain and they got what they wanted
Who are the Silver Players? There is nobody playing right now who is not a paying subscriber. Are these people who plan to cancel their sub after F2P launches? And that's who Crypic is taking their cues from?
Lt. Commander
# 54
10-29-2011, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meehee View Post
Simple solution to all the problems and screwing over we are getting... we ALL stop testing for them, if we ALL stop they are either going to have to hire a lot of testers which will cost them a lot of money or risk putting out massivly buggy code at F2P launch....

In short they need us more than we need them !!!!!
I haven't logged in to Tribble (or even Holodeck) in weeks now. I just can't bring myself to test something that I've lost faith in.
Lt. Commander
# 55
10-29-2011, 05:41 PM
Cryptics current modus operandi seems to be...
  1. Push the planned change to tribble. Without prior consultation.
  2. Post a "dev blog" explaining the change, and why "they" think its a good idea.
  3. Go silent.
  4. Hope players come round to Cryptics way of thinking.
Lt. Commander
# 56
10-29-2011, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWard1701 View Post
  2. Post a "dev blog" explaining the change, and why "they" think its a good idea.
  3. Go silent.
That's not working out quite as Cryptic anticipated, then, is it?
Lt. Commander
# 57
10-29-2011, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adarandrel
In the priority one interview posted today storm shade said that the va token is gone with pretty much no chance of returning. So that answers one question.
Food for thought:
Stormshade said something like this: the reason for the VA toke to be taken away was to get a feeling of accomplishement when we DO get the Ship on our own...

Seriously... think about it.

On our own...

WITH WHAT?!?!?

Sorry for shouting.

What feeling of accomplishement are we supposed to get when we simply buy the thing with C-points?

There is no accomplishment there...

Dilithium doesn't count. The ship is still paid in real life currency some other poor soul traded with me for fictional currency...

So how is that a good thing for us players?

Let me tell you, it is not making me feel good about myself and I doubt it will for a single player in the game....
Lt. Commander
# 58
10-29-2011, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord_Victorious
What feeling of accomplishement are we supposed to get when we simply buy the thing with C-points?
Cryptic is hedging their bets that the "feeling of accomplishment" is the act of supporting them with money for future updates.
Lt. Commander
# 59
10-29-2011, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWard1701 View Post
  3. Go silent.
It's looking more and more like being silent wasn't as crafty as someone thought it was.

You're not crafty.

We're watching you.

Every despicable and underhanded move you make gives us more ammunition to kill the interest of potential players we talk to.
Lt. Commander
# 60
10-29-2011, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord_Victorious
Food for thought:
Stormshade said something like this: the reason for the VA toke to be taken away was to get a feeling of accomplishement when we DO get the Ship on our own...
Huh... considering that the lack of a VA token was billed as a 'solution' to keep people from 'exploiting' somehow to get a VA ship... I wonder where he got that idea from? *looks at sig* FRACK!

More seriously, I'm not egotistical enough to think that. It's just... blast it, that's not what I was thinking of. I was talking about getting a shuttle in a way other than just buying it or shelling out C-points, by doing something other than that, by going out, getting materiels, putting it together. Not going through the Great-Bird-forsaken Tu'Lia Death Grind.

This just gets better and better,