Lt. Commander
# 11
10-29-2011, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Just wait for the next sale when you get to that level. There might be one for Thanksgiving and there will almost definitely be one for Christmas.
Black Friday is indeed probably the next one if they follow the old routine.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-29-2011, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
So I'm not understanding your complaint here.
I think his complaint is that it is not universally known nor clearly stated anywhere (I was not aware of this limitation either until I read this) that you cannot even buy/unlock via the C-store items for which your character is not qualified.

I looked at the (web) C-store just now, and nothing in the descriptions for various ships say that you cannot buy this ship until you are X level. If there is such limitation (which is a pretty stupid limitation IMO) then it should be clearly spelled out in the item description, and even clearly spelled out on the front page of the c-store.

This kind of thing gets Cryptic dangerously close to bait and switch territory.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-29-2011, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramova View Post
And no refunds apparently. So none the less, Monday I'll just dispute the charges with my bank and see how it washes out, but I did need to vent that a sale which not everyone can participate in, or at least any clear statements of which, is a little silly and/or shady.
You need to file a complaint with Cryptic and wait a reasonable amount of time for them to resolve the issue. Your bank is a lot more likely to settle the dispute in your favor if you can show that you tried to work with the merchant to resolve the issue.