Lt. Commander
# 31
10-29-2011, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenEricII
Also most - if not all - game devs have a seperate department for cash-shop items, these people are NOT being taken away from jobs involving the F2P rollout just to create a pet.
But then again, it's reasonable to presume that the mythical 'cash-shop department' are also responsible for other fluff items - such as veteran rewards.

Maybe C-Store fluff like this wouldn't be so bad if the 600 day Vet reward wasn't so lacklustre.
Lt. Commander
# 32
10-29-2011, 04:42 AM
I say buy the Gekli and enjoy it for what it is

smothered in butter, basil and other herbs/spices served next to a side of vegitables anad wild rice.
Lt. Commander
# 33
10-29-2011, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I say buy the Gekli and enjoy it for what it is

smothered in butter, basil and other herbs/spices served next to a side of vegitables anad wild rice.
Don't forget a nice Chianti..
Lt. Commander
# 34
10-29-2011, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
Don't forget a nice Chianti..
I would suggest the 2006 Viticcio Chianti Classico Riserva.
Full flavored fruity on the lips with a hint of currant and spices.
Lt. Commander
# 35
10-29-2011, 05:12 AM
I think a lot of the problems and disagreements we have experienceed could have been averted with better PR. In many cases, things that have annoyed the community would not have done so if it was presented at the right time........gauging the mood of the community provides this information......any decent PR person or person with half a brain would know this.

I cannot speak for myself on this as ive only been in the game for some 8 months but there are people here that have been with the game since the start, doing beta testing for the game, providing good feedback and im sure quite a few good ideas...........and to be honest....they deserve more respect than Cryptic and PW are giving.

Cryptic and PW need to remember that this game would not have got to this stage without its present Client base and burning bridges with these people isnt going to help the games future.
Lt. Commander
# 36
10-29-2011, 05:19 AM
Unfortunately, as far as I am concerned this game is on its last legs. F2P is another way of saying the games failed.

The lack of content updates over the last year is pathetic whatever excuse Cryptic throws out. Cryptic is not a developer interested in the player base or the IP. They want to make as much money as they can for as little work as possible then move on to the next project. I bet there has been no content because all the devs are working on Neverwinter. Their answer to this lack of content is the foundry, lmao, basically we now do all the work the devs should be doing and we are paying them for the previledge They are even presenting this as a selling point for Neverwinter, lol, there will probably be even less content with that than there was at STO's launch.

Fortunately, I have pre-ordered SWTOR, so the wait for a decent Sci-fi mmo is nearly over thank the maker.

if I was CBS I'd take a long look at this game, then not renew Cryptics license. There can be a good ST MMO but STO is not it.
Lt. Commander
# 37
10-29-2011, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Raver View Post
Fortunately, I have pre-ordered SWTOR, so the wait for a decent Sci-fi mmo is nearly over thank the maker
Enjoy StarWow, There is a sucker borne every minute. Hope you don't look forward to some epic Space Battles cause Rail games are always fun for little ones.

TORs Hype and Failure will make STO look Successful. Even in it's current state.

Oh and Pre-Ordered means Double Sucker.
Lt. Commander
# 38
10-29-2011, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krell83
Enjoy StarWow, There is a sucker borne every minute. Hope you don't look forward to some epic Space Battles cause Rail games are always fun for little ones.
I wish there were epic space battles... in STO. No, you don't find them in MMOs.

Quote:
Oh and Pre-Ordered means Double Sucker.
How about people who buy LTS?
Lt. Commander
# 39
10-29-2011, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
How about people who buy LTS?
We got the Craptic Sucker Award
Lt. Commander
# 40
10-29-2011, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maschinengeist View Post
I have stuck with this game for nearly two years. Even with this F2P stuff going on, and the near-complete lack of listening Cryptic is doing, I had planned to wait and see.

But, with all the things this game needs so desperately, you take the existing Gekli model, stick it onto the coding for the in-game pets, and put it up for sale? Get a grip. We don't want any more of your stupid pets, costumes, and other useless junk. We want CONTENT. We've already paid for it; we're waiting for YOU to DELIVER.

Furthermore, with the lack of dev blogs, we have been told that the devs are too busy to blog. Oh, really? Too busy to keep us informed, but not too busy to put more useless crap on the C-store, I see. Not that this is anything new around here, mind you.

Thanks for letting me know where your priorities are, Cryptic. I feel like an idiot for wasting nearly two years of my life playing STO, and I have been a Star Trek fan for the past 20 years. Do yourselves a favor and give your customers a reason to log back on.
I'm not certain how many remember, BUT several of us old timers suggested that if the "C" store continued as it was that it would not be long before this EXACT senario would be unfolding ... well ..... here we are folks.

The other unfortunate fact is that this is not going to change under any circumstances. In fact if any thing other MMO developers will be watching this game closely .. not so much to see IF it survives ... BUT how WELL it does.. As long as people continue to shell out cash for this sort of thing .. it will continue to grow.

IMHO there are certain aspects that we can not change. It's that simple. That said IMHO ..... there are some things we can and MUST do in order to see the future of gaming to grow, not decline. A report on the decline of PC gaming was released a few weeks ago (sorry but I don't remember what channel it was on at the time) .. AND there was ALSO a decline in the purchasing for NEW PC equipment as well (particularly items directly related to the PC gaming industry). While I do not claim to be an expert analyst of sorts .. IMHO it does not take a genuis to figure out that the industry as a whole may be headed down the wrong path.

UGH .. to have been so promissing it seemws we have yet another "Trek" game with a dead end in sight ( IMHO) ... it seems that SFC-2 (Orion Pirates) was the last really successful one. SFC-3 while OK .. messed up with its limitations in being able to "draft" team mates on missions unless there was PvP envolved. The othere two "Trek" never worked properly from the beginning (again ... just my observation).

You know what's funny .. there are a handful of people that still play SFC-2 .. Yeah .. a game THAT old.

Even MechWarrior still has a following (frankly I hope this one that Cryptic will leave alone for someone else to pick up ... I'd HATE to see the best stuff all end up in the "C" store).

Which brings me back to the point that I was trying to make ... IMHO this format is not the best business model to use. Had this game not been released until the Klingon faction was properly developed and more content added to BOTH, a more consistant means of "grinding" to achieve goals to gain needed equipment etc etc etc .. the game would have been more stable at the beginning.

The real problem now is to play catch up .. on top of making this conversion. Hense the contraversy.. and further disillusionment. Most of us simply are struggeling with finding real reasons to "keep teh faith" so to speak. Many of us feel some what trapped with little reason to be encourage that this will change for the better.

I would presonally prefer to see a turn about for the positive... but there again that light seems to be flickering and growing very dim.