Lt. Commander
http://img6.imagebanana.com/img/4thb...2919022171.jpg
http://img7.imagebanana.com/img/8hph...2919023067.jpg

Dev replies:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Hi folks,

I want to apologize for the delay in getting you all an answer. Here's the deal:

If you have already purchased one of these items as an account wide unlock, it remains an account wide unlock, and the item will not be changing, so it will still be bound to your character, etc. It remains the same as it is now.

If you earned one of these items as a reward (such as testing on Tribble), or received it as a "pre-order" bonus item, it will also not be changing. So, it's still an account wide unlock, bound to your character, non-tradeable, etc.

If you have earned the items in either way mentioned above, you may still reclaim the item for free, just like you can now.

However, once the transition to free-to-play is completed, the items will become available in the new method you see on Tribble now, and the ability for those who have not purchased the account wide unlocks to purchase those will be disappearing.

The fact that you can not purchase some of these items more than once on your account on the Tribble server (i.e. Tribble of Borg) is a bug, and will be remedied soon.

So, this change really only affects those who make the purchase of these items after the transition to F2P is completed. Those of you whom have already purchased, earned as a reward, or do purchase, these items on Holodeck before the transition to F2P will retain the unlocks the way you have now.

Thanks for your patience while I worked to get the information on this for you all, and I am sorry this was not more clearly communicated when the changes were made on Tribble.

If you have any questions regarding this information, please feel free to ask them in this thread. I'll be checking back in on it.

Thanks,

Stormshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
I just heard back from the team, and there are no plans to be making any other massive changes like this to the Store, at this time. Ships will definitely be remaining as account wide unlocks. They will not be turning into per character unlocks.

Thanks,

Stormshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGeko
Ships will remain account unlock, not character unlock. That is the plan, and although plans do change, I find it very unlikely ships will change to character unlock. There was a time we considered making ships character unlocked. When we talked about it, we also considered making the ships less expensive to compensate. But we ultimately decided it was best to leave ships account unlocked.

However, we want to make as many c-store items as possible to be character unlocked. The reason is simple. We want people to be able to give/them to other players. Thatís good for everybody. This is not possible as an account unlock because it becomes too exploitable (I buy the item, trade it, re-claim it, repeat). Ships make much more sense to be account unlock since (besides the fact we actually donít currently have technology to trade ships) it is such a major investment, and such a game/balance changer that we want you to be able to make a new character, and then have access to all those ships you bought. Things like tribbles or pets are really not game/balance changers. They are fun, and make a lot of sense to let people trade/gift. Every C-store item was evaluated and was made as an account or character unlock on an individual basis based on various consideration.

So, some items will become character unlocked. For instance, I believe all Bridge Officers will work this way. Catian Boffs were released like this, and they work well. It allows players to trade/gift them. Other items will remain account unlock where it makes sense.

Please remember, if you earned or purchased one of these items - like the Fluidic tribble from playing on the test server, or the shuttle pet from a pre-order - it will remain yours. It will be bound to you, account unlocked, untradeable, and you can re-claim it if you discard it. Only new purchases will follow the new model. Going forward, we may award new items (say for playing on tribble, veterans rewards or for other reason) as account unlock items, but then sell them in the C-store, to players who did not earn them, as character unlock items.

BTW, if you bought the T5 excelsior, you should be able to continue to claim the both the T5 and T3 variant. Only going forward will they be sold separately (BTW, the T5 Excelsior is getting reverted on Tribble to the way it is on holodeck now. You may have to discard your tribble T5 Excelsior and reclaim it to fix it. The T3 Excelsior is just plain getting better. This change to the T5 Excelsior is not in yet, but it's on its way). In fact, any item that changed from an account unlock to a character unlock, or any purchase that gave you something in the past that it no longer gives you (like the T5/T3 Excelsior and Nebula bundles) will be honored, and was always planned to be honored, and nothing less was ever implied.

Please remember that Tribble is a test server where we are not only shaking out bug, but experimenting with different models and values. If you find something quirky, or have a question about something like this, or just plain donít like something, we very much look forward to hearing from you. But please remember to be respectful, and not jump to conclusions. So much is still in flux, and there is still a lot of work to do, and we very much need your help. But speculations just start rumors and it becomes very hard to find the real issues so we can resolve them, or get you the right information.

Best Regards
-Captain Geko

thx for clearing the air guys!

now back to the *normal rage* about those VA1 Tokens, Dilithium-Crafting and all that
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-29-2011, 11:20 AM
So its loseable but still unlocked per account if say a new toon owned by the same account wants to claim one?
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-29-2011, 11:23 AM
wow ninja nerf...didn't see that in any release notes, huh?
Are you sure that doesn't mean if you discard it you can't get it back as opposed to giving it to all your guys?
If you really can't get it but for one character instead of your entire account, then that's just being greedy...
All my guys already have one since I got them from Tribble testing...anyone tested this yet?
Wonder of the future Tribble test rewards are also going to be that way?
That would stink...if after putting up with all the bugs and other silliness on Tribble, I will be most displeased if only one of my characters on Holodeck gets the rewards instead of account-wide.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-29-2011, 11:25 AM
then that new char will have to shell out another 160 C-Points for it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-29-2011, 11:31 AM
Um...you may have been mistaken, sir. Or perhaps that is not in place yet or will only affect new accounts.
I just went and made a new Fed character and was able to claim all 3 Tribble test server reward tribbles, plus my pre-order and referral tribble right away before I even left the starting area.

So...as of now, it's the same as it was.
perhaps they put the text in but no the actual changes?
or perhaps it's just poor wording?
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-29-2011, 11:34 AM
or perhaps you tried that on Holodeck and not on Tribble?
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-29-2011, 11:34 AM
I'm not sure what to say at this point.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-29-2011, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
or perhaps you tried that on Holodeck and not on Tribble?
ah, yeah, lol...got me there...well, let's see...hm, I've used my slots methinks, I'll have to check...
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-29-2011, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krell83
I'm not sure what to say at this point.
In theory this is a small thing...

but its just one more example of the Ferengi Studios policies that have now been adopted.

I'm disappointed.
As per usual with Cryptic these days.

Heck they don't even have the guts to admit they outright lied to us as your signature literally proves.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-29-2011, 11:40 AM
i hope this is a mistake.

things that were per account should stay per account for everybody. no argument.
Closed Thread