Lt. Commander
# 1 Hello STO!
10-29-2011, 04:38 PM
Greetings everyone,

I thought I'd drop in while the game is patching and say a friendly 'hello'. I've wanted to try the game for a long time, but was hesitant since the demo really only puts you through the tutorial. If I had known the game was at such a low cost to buy, however, I would have given it a try long ago. I'm still not sure if I'm an idiot for buying the game since this is all going F2P soon, but *shrug* I was impatient.

I've played many.. many MMOs in the past, but the two that I've spent the most time in are SWG (from near release shortly until after the NGE hit) and then, of course, World of ******** (where I've spent the majority of my time after leaving SWG). I became so incredibly bored with WoW and the typical fantasy setting. And so, I'm happy to be here and am sort of looking forward to being lost and a complete "noob" in a new MMO.

I'm not sure how many servers there are, but if there are multiple server then I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction for one with a decently healthy size and an overall friendly player base. And if there is any good advice you could give to a new player I would certainly appreciate it.

Thank you, and I hope to see some of you in game!
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-29-2011, 04:44 PM
Prepare for a lot of disapointment soon...

And by the way... "low costs"... you ARE aware that this game is going free to play in a matter of weeks?
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-29-2011, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post

And by the way... "low costs"... you ARE aware that this game is going free to play in a matter of weeks?
I'm aware of that. By "low cost" I meant I was bored at Gamestop today and happened to see the game for $8 and figured "what the hell".

I'm also aware that there is a lot of negativity on the forums lately due to the new F2P model coming soon. I've been reading up on the forums, particularly the F2P Q&A forums. Naturally I have no opinion on this change just yet since I am new around here. But I have played my fair share of F2P games with the micro transaction model where you either need to have a lot of free time and patience or some extra cash to spend in the store.

But, that's neither here nor there for me and I'm just looking forward to something in a new setting with new people.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-29-2011, 05:09 PM
Welcome - yes it is a change from WoW, and the folks here are generally of a differant cut also. Still too early to say if the "DOOM Sayers" are correct yet. Jump in and give it a whirl, test the waters and what have you. I will bet you have some fun.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-30-2011, 01:26 AM
Hi and welcome, hope you have fun.

there is only one server here. we all play on the same zone. zones are broken into instances so if one gets too full another instance pops up.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-30-2011, 01:32 AM
Welcome to the land of the Tribble.
Where every flower is a Tribble.
Every meal is a Tribble.
Every present is a Tribble.
Every girl is a Tribble.
Every bed is a Tribble.
Every toilet bowl is a Tribble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post

But look on the bright side. You are still against putting buildings on fire.
A true Cryptic supporter.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-30-2011, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Welcome to the land of the Tribble.
Where every flower is a Tribble.
Every meal is a Tribble.
Every present is a Tribble.
Every girl is a Tribble.
Every bed is a Tribble.
Every toilet bowl is a Tribble.
What about toilet bowl brushes? Are they Tribble too? Seems a bit counter productive to clean a Tribble with a Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-30-2011, 01:02 PM
No, those are just toilet brushes.
Would be pretty silly if they were a Tribble, no? :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-30-2011, 01:10 PM
Chant the CHAT of the STO Circle.. HEllo.. Hello we like to greet you Warner Style Dot your off key..
Say hello Yako.. [If you were a wine would you put a nice label on?]

Best to you enjoy this fun place.. Now Get the DOFFS busy for the Micro Brew party.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-31-2011, 04:26 PM
welcome from another newb!