Lt. Commander
# 1 Cryptic Point Cost in $AUD
10-29-2011, 07:27 PM
Just wondering if any Aussies out there know how much the cryptic points acutally cost in real money.
If buying them from the C-Store, it doesnt tell you how much 500 CP is. It just say AUD at the bottom of the square. If you click on that, it then wants your credit card info... Well not ill I know how much it is! Surely 500CP isnt also $500??

Is there somehwere official that lists the costs before i hand them my credit card?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-29-2011, 10:14 PM
Odd, I make all my C-Point purchases in USD, I didn't even think you could do it in AUD. Theres certainly no mention of AUD on any of the pages i'm looking at right now...

The page I buy them from shows $6.25 USD per 500 C-Points. AUD is just above parity with USD so factoring in paypals cut it's around the same give or take a few cents.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-30-2011, 11:38 AM

Even I usually defend Cryptic, but I have little doubts this isn't done intentionally.

For example the $CDN is worth more than $USD right now and for quite a while actually, but I always end up paying a buck and a half more in Canadian when I purchase things from the C-Store. Not to mention unlike the Europeans we don't even have any VAT or whatever that is. So there is no excuse.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-01-2011, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKE84
Not to mention unlike the Europeans we don't even have any VAT or whatever that is.
It's Value Added Tax, basically the British government takes a cut of anything that is seen as a luxury.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-01-2011, 02:52 AM
I buy my Cryptic points via paypal. With the Aussie dollar doing as well as it does the exchange rate, even through paypal is pretty good. I get roughly dollar for dollar. It is not the best rate but I couldn't be bothered giving them my credit card.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-01-2011, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKE84

Even I usually defend Cryptic, but I have little doubts this isn't done intentionally.

For example the $CDN is worth more than $USD right now and for quite a while actually, but I always end up paying a buck and a half more in Canadian when I purchase things from the C-Store. Not to mention unlike the Europeans we don't even have any VAT or whatever that is. So there is no excuse.
I believe cryptic updates the exchange rates ever 3 to 6 months. They don't have the man power to watch every change.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-07-2011, 02:35 AM
I go through paypal as well, last time i brought them, it cost me $60AUD for $70USD worth of points. That lasted me well over a year. Now with the new exchange coming I should never have to buy c-store points ever again.

If you have a heap of emblems/marks lying around, perhaps you should wait for F2P?
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_McQuade
I go through paypal as well, last time i brought them, it cost me $60AUD for $70USD worth of points. That lasted me well over a year. Now with the new exchange coming I should never have to buy c-store points ever again.

If you have a heap of emblems/marks lying around, perhaps you should wait for F2P?
i have been on tribble, seriously, 40,000 nearly gets you 100 points. 1 C-point is in the region of 400 refined delithium... you will have to grind to get it and when you have for a week or too, you still only have enough for 50 points... But, i guess the economy might level out in a while.