Lt. Commander
I have a Shipboard DOFF mission (Klingon side) called "Experimental Beam Array Upgrades" and it requires 4 Engineering/Operations DOFFs. Unfortunately, all the Blue quality success modifiers list Energy Weapons Officer as the only variable to improve your chances, and that DOFF type is a Tactical officer, not Engineering or Operations.

Edit: this is a "blue" rarity mission offer, if that matters. Default chances are Purple = 3%, Blue = 6%, Green = 61%, Explosion! = 30%. By the way, why "Explosion!" when it's a "Low" casualty rating? Shouldn't you get a white quality item instead of having your DOFFs horribly disfigured?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-30-2011, 03:38 AM
There is also an "Experimental Space Shield Upgrade" assignment with the same problem. The only specialization that improves the chances of success is a Shield Distribution Officer. That is a tactical specialization, and the assignment only lets you use engineering and ops officers.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-30-2011, 01:04 PM
I think I resolved internally all the Experimental assignment mis-typing, so this should be resolved in the next major build.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-03-2011, 07:25 AM
I don't know when that "next major build" is due (or already happened), but there are still many DOFF missions that have success modifiers that call for DOFF types that you can't access with the mission's limitations to certain departments.

Do you want us to list each one we find?
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-03-2011, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mack_dorgeans View Post
I don't know when that "next major build" is due (or already happened), but there are still many DOFF missions that have success modifiers that call for DOFF types that you can't access with the mission's limitations to certain departments.

Do you want us to list each one we find?
Most assignments were updated on the build working through the pipeline, so while I can and will look at any that people flag, it is probably a better use of your time to worry about it only after the next build goes up.