Lt. Commander
# 101
11-02-2011, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
Damn, I forgot to Multiply the 16 by the original 3 weeks I took to get the base Number. That means 48 Weeks to Get and Outfit 1 Ship.
If you can Max your dilithium income you can get that 500k in 63 days. Still too damn long since you still have to outfit yourself and your crew but hey its less than a year right?

Ugh, dilithium once sounded like a good idea.
Lt. Commander
# 102
11-02-2011, 05:34 AM
Yes, they have definately killed crafting. They've made a bad system EVEN worse. I say keep it as it is, it's okay now.
Lt. Commander
# 103
11-02-2011, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frontline2042
If you can Max your dilithium income you can get that 500k in 63 days. Still too damn long since you still have to outfit yourself and your crew but hey its less than a year right?

Ugh, dilithium once sounded like a good idea.
I for one, do not Max Out Receipts of Dilithium. I do Very Little, if any, PVP, and I Rarely do the Fleet/Team, (STF?), missions.

I Enjoy this game Very Much, but I am Retired. If I wanted to do a JOB, I would go out and apply for one that I could get $$ for instead of Dilithium. These conversions are making this Too Much like going to work, without the Satisfactory Pay Out.

I have personally put around $800 into the game, between my LTS, and the C-Store Points I have bought, both for Myself, and my son who got me into the game, and I Refuse to Pay again for the ships that have been taken away from me and put on the C-Store List.

I respectfully request the Cryptic give us back those 4 Weapon, Fore/Aft, Ships at VA/LTG levels that we had before.
Lt. Commander
# 104
11-02-2011, 06:03 AM
Lol I didn't mean to imply it was a REALISTIC goal to hit 8k/day. Hell with my gaming patterns I might be able to average 8k a WEEK. Though in all likelihood I'll just be logging in once every day or two for my doffs and playing other games to fill my time. Dungeon defenders is pretty entertaining at the moment.
Lt. Commander
To all those people there that have fleets that craft, I have spent a great deal of time today and yesterday coming up with a solution to make things workfor item crafting.

While I am still agitated...yes, Romulans get agitated (lol...I know I am not an alien so no posts going off on that tangent...lol), I can understand why they might do this. They wish to make sure people have a use for dilithium, They wish also to make sure that people still have access to even mk gear/very rare gear to craft. In its current state, crafting is fine, but there is a problem we have in our fleet as I am sure that others have as well. We have a great number of free-loaders and people that take advantage of our hospitality/general good humour. Perhaps by implementing this system it will solve that issue.

This is what I have decided to do, and perhaps those of you that are angry at the developers for coming up with this system will follow suit.

1. Eliminate the mass fleet-production of mk X rare or very rare items in fleet banks.
2. Re-instate production of lower-tier (LT & LTC) items.
3. Produce only LT-CPT lvl items in blue rarity on odd numbered marks (I, III, V, VII)
4. ***This one I am unsure of*** Upper-end craftables will be crafted on a per-person basis if they have the materials and an equal amount of dilithium ore to trade with the crafter... this one might be modified.

This will FORCE people in fleets that are taking advantage of hospitality to be self-sufficient. While I am upset at the fact that the amount of dilithium needed to craft the items I already have in-game is high, I can see that this system, if my fleet and other fleets implement it will end the free-loading that occurs, and will only get worse when F2P people come into the picture.

I am not saying all people coming for F2P are going to take advantage, but it will increase the frequency of the problems we see in fleets. Try this system out on tribble and see how it goes. Restrict your tabs for fleet ranks to take out items, restrict your crafting, and see how it goes.

so, this post has less gnashing of teeth and more hope?... we don't know, but it seems to me it might just help solve the problem.

PM me if your fleet has a different or solution that you find better to mine for crafting issues....!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 106
11-02-2011, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Lol I didn't mean to imply it was a REALISTIC goal to hit 8k/day. Hell with my gaming patterns I might be able to average 8k a WEEK. Though in all likelihood I'll just be logging in once every day or two for my doffs and playing other games to fill my time. Dungeon defenders is pretty entertaining at the moment.
That's about what I would manage as well. With luck I could do it on two chars, though. But you won't see me doing Explores before an Exploration revamp. And I will only play interesting FOundry missions, from which 3 take more than an hour.
Lt. Commander
# 107
11-02-2011, 06:58 AM
Quote:
The Reality of life is: I do not mind Putting my Money into something I really Enjoy.

If the changes can be modified to a more Palatable Flavor, I will continue to stay, and Play, and more than likely, Spend More Money Here.

I have bought several games, that after trying them, I found I did not like. When I got my new system after purchase of those, I do not even re-Install them. They are Dust Collectors on my shelf.

In a previous Life, I played another MMO that I Dearly Loved. To continue that Love Affair, I actually Bought TWO units of Server Equipment, at $350 each, for two different people to use as game Servers. Heck, for one of those players, I even Contributed $15 per month, for over a year, so he could have a Higher Speed Web Connection to use the one server on.

My Money will be where my heart is, and Cryptic, at this moment in time, does NOT have my Heart. If Cryptic wants to Keep My Heart, they need to Modify these Dilithium Numbers......They are Outrageous!
Lt. Commander
# 108
11-02-2011, 02:31 PM
I think that crafting was fine already they had no need to change it
Lt. Commander
# 109 Yes
11-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Yes, I simply cannot understand a dillithium charge to craft. I've never quite seen anything like that. There was already almost nothing to crafting...now it's even more painful.
Lt. Commander
# 110
11-14-2011, 11:35 AM
You would think if Cryptic noticed that memory Alpha was a ghosttown on the testing server it would give them an indication that the new changes are not fun.