Lt. Commander
# 11
10-30-2011, 08:00 AM
The new system is not working at all. It goes against anything that a crafting sytsem should be.

I am all for making it harder to craft the best items, but this should be accomplished with a challanging crafting process. The OP is right, I did not even transfer my chanarcer over to Tribble yet. I still work with the newly created character, as there is no point in moving my crafter over as it stands.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-30-2011, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartzilla2007 View Post
I'm glad you have that kind of time looking at the pic posted it appears MOST of us DON'T.
Yet i don't. I'm not on 24/7 as i am currently doing a degree. This is a lot more important to me than STO ever will be. But i seem to manage my time in game and have had no problems getting what i want. It took me over 3 months to grind a D'kyr but it was worth it. Thats what i like, reward based on persistence and effort.

And your pic is devoid of relevance in all fairness. Its a Test Server, the amount of people on there is very little. Who is to say that i could have gone to Memory Alpha an hour later and the place was packed, a crafting party if you will. Perhaps all the people were behind the cameras frontal angle. Photos can be very subjective when we want them to be. I'm not saying there was a mass party there, but please don't try to reinforce the idea that crafting is dead with a screen grab from a Test Server ;p
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-30-2011, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green117 View Post
Yet i don't. I'm not on 24/7 as i am currently doing a degree. This is a lot more important to me than STO ever will be. But i seem to manage my time in game and have had no problems getting what i want. It took me over 3 months to grind a D'kyr but it was worth it. Thats what i like, reward based on persistence and effort.
Except One thing IT'S NOT JUST THE PURPLE STUFF! IT IS EVERY EVEN MARKED! ITEM! IN! THE! GAME!

So while its nice for you to have your reward you work for. So of us a re likely to burn through currancy just making sure our characters have DECENT GEAR.

Quote:
And your pic is devoid of relevance in all fairness. Its a Test Server, the amount of people on there is very little. Who is to say that i could have gone to Memory Alpha an hour later and the place was packed, a crafting party if you will.
With as much dilithium as we get in the game doubt it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-30-2011, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Except One thing IT'S NOT JUST THE PURPLE STUFF! IT IS EVERY EVEN MARKED! ITEM! IN! THE! GAME!

So while its nice for you to have your reward you work for. So of us a re likely to burn through currancy just making sure our characters have DECENT GEAR.
I know its not just purple stuff, so please, less with the caps ><

Did you read one of my earlier posts and what changes i said i would like to see?
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-30-2011, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Did you read one of my earlier posts and what changes i said i would like to see?
Yeah about that you do know that a lot a of even gear deosn't even COME in Green at some point right so again I have to PAY currency for it. That's not crafting it's a discount store.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-30-2011, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Yeah about that you do know that a lot a of even gear deosn't even COME in Green at some point right so again I have to PAY currency for it. That's not crafting it's a discount store.
I have absolute no idea what you are trying to say here. Clearly i don't think you understood what post i was referring too.

Quote:
I like the idea of adding Dilithium to high end gear. It represents what players would have had to do if Emblems had been the only way to acquire such items. The Tribble system does need tweaking though.

Whites - Anomalies
Greens - Anomalies, Trace Particles
Blues - Anomalies, Trace Particles, Dilithium
Purples - Anomalies, Trace Particles, greater amount of Dilithium compared to Blues
That is how i feel things should be. It makes more sense that the better the gear, the more work is required to obtain it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-30-2011, 09:39 AM
the trace drop rate has decreased and that is irritating; as for adding dilithium into the mix, with the exception of fleet crafters (which again is irritating); this is a deliberate move to slow things down, I don't think this is a bad thing.

I don't have a massive amount of free time; and actually this works to my benefit... why because it means i am competing with people who also cannot max a character in a weekend.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-30-2011, 01:16 PM
Quote:
I have absolute no idea what you are trying to say here. Clearly i don't think you understood what post i was referring too.
What I am saying is that THERE SHOULD BE NO DILITHIUM COST IN CRAFTING AT ALL

Quote:
That is how i feel things should be. It makes more sense that the better the gear, the more work is required to obtain it.
Good for you, why should I be forced into your playstyle?
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-30-2011, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofheat
why because it means i am competing with people who also cannot max a character in a weekend.
Exactly who is maxing out a character in one weekend?

So what we should be forced to grind becuase a few people with noting better to do spend their whole weekend power playing the game?
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-30-2011, 01:22 PM
Yes crafting is dead...as the many many posts on this have discussed.