Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 51
10-31-2011, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green117 View Post
I like the idea of adding Dilithium to high end gear. It represents what players would have had to do if Emblems had been the only way to acquire such items. The Tribble system does need tweaking though.

Whites - Anomalies
Greens - Anomalies, Trace Particles
Blues - Anomalies, Trace Particles, Dilithium
Purples - Anomalies, Trace Particles, greater amount of Dilithium compared to Blues

The way it is on Tribble currently is not this mountain/molehill grind people say it is. A few dailys/exploration missions and you can be crafting. I just think we need to move away from the mentality of the old system, because it was simply too easy to acquire, and that gear wasn't represented in value or worth, resulting in a very poor economy indeed.
I like this idea mostly. What about adding using dilithium ore for Blues and refined dilithium for purples?

This would keep a logical progression and keep the top gear gated behind a limited resource.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 52
10-31-2011, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofheat
sort of true, but, actually if you still gained it during early missions you could build up a stock, lets say it takes a normal person a few weeks to get to VA ... that's a potential 168k of dilithium refined, which you wont need till you hit VA (really)
And this helps with getting decent gear while leveling up to VA how exactly?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 53
10-31-2011, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartzilla2007 View Post
What I am saying is that THERE SHOULD BE NO DILITHIUM COST IN CRAFTING AT ALL
Big fat +1.

The only way I'd ever support a crafting tax is if it only applied to Silver accounts.

To be honest, I will probably quit the game entirely if they don't stop breaking things (and making stupid C-store pets) and start building actual content again. That's what I've always paid my subscription fee for. The only thing that's really bothered me about this game from day one is that the C-store existed. Now I know why.

If I do stay with the game, I will continue to pay my subscription fee, and however many Craptic points they decide to hand out in the end is the amount I will spend. I've never bought them and I never will.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 54
10-31-2011, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenEricII

I have to strongly disagree with this statement. Please people, remember Dilithium IS cash!

Cryptic chose to link dilithium with the c-store. dilithium can be traded for cryptic Points, CP are purchased with cash, rD = CP = $. By adding a dilithium charge to crafting, Cryptic has added a CASH TAX to craft! Whether you grind for it, trade your stipend for it, or pay in CP for it, it has a real world cash value . I cannot condone paying - even a little - to craft!
Right there, in a nut shell, is the problem with the new crafting system. DR was never meant to slow the process down. It was, however, made as a hopeful money pit for those who like doing it. 41 days, or so, to outfit a VA Cruiser. How much can you cut that down once DR/C-Point trading is brought in? Days? Weeks? The same amount of time it takes now?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 55
10-31-2011, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVargazm
I have five active characters on Holodeck. One of them does the crafting for the rest. He sits at Memory Alpha and waits. The rest of my characters dump the supplies in my one man fleet bank and I log in to craft as needed. To be honest it's been so long since I used him I wasn't sure how much effect these new changes to crafting would have on me.

So I decided to log in to Tribble and go to Memory Alpha to ask some other crafters how bad it really is since forum rage is not always the best barometer. This is what I found.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/28/ghosttown.jpg/

Maybe the next C-Store pet should be a tumble weed to fit in with the atmosphere at Memory Alpha now.
I have a single Fed Crafter and a Single KDF Crafter that i use to give all my other characters equipment this new system has eliminated any need for them and i hope it gets Tweaked enough that they are useful again. So I'm in the same boat as you this way.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 56
11-01-2011, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartzilla2007 View Post
And this helps with getting decent gear while leveling up to VA how exactly?
you don't need it below VA, would be my observation. You hit VA probably somewhere in the middle/towrads the end of the story arcs. You can level quite fast enough without "decent" gear, and you can get "decent" gear from drops or frankly the exchange in the process depending on your settings/whats available.

Then at VA you are going PvP and after the STF's is where you actually need the "decent gear"... and if you choose to but some "decent gear" on the way to give your self an edge you will have less available to you later, but will get to VA a little more easily...that's your choice to make
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 57
11-01-2011, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenEricII

I have to strongly disagree with this statement. Please people, remember Dilithium IS cash!

Cryptic chose to link dilithium with the c-store. dilithium can be traded for cryptic Points, CP are purchased with cash, rD = CP = $. By adding a dilithium charge to crafting, Cryptic has added a CASH TAX to craft! Whether you grind for it, trade your stipend for it, or pay in CP for it, it has a real world cash value . I cannot condone paying - even a little - to craft!
Would you be OK if it was a single point of dilithium? Many people are arguing about the amount/availability of dilithium, your argument and others is about the principal of having a monetary linkage to an in game currency, I resepct that argument but I don't agree with it, because the linkage is entirely optional for the individual player.

Why?

Because Cryptic have added an an additional Tax to crafting. But there are two ways to pay that tax; you can choose to pay with cash or choose to pay by grinding, if you don't want to pay with cash then don't...? Of course there is another question here, will there be any available to buy in the first place?

Today the transfer goes $ = CP = Dilithium and then the other way it's Dilithium = CP <> $, so it's a closed economy or rather an economy that you can only inject real world money to, but never take it out. But you can only buy dilithium if it is available to buy, there is no "automatic availability".

If "everyone" is "right" and the costs for dilithium in crafting/buying items at a vendor remain unchanged, people wont have that much spare Dilithium to make available on the exchange for CP, where will it come from, bear in mind you are limited to 8000 a day per toon?

So I don't think its an issue, because I dont think enough dilithium will be spare to allow people to exchange CP for Dilithium in the first place. But ,even if it were; I would still be OK with it because it is still a choice and I have alternatives and my alternatives look like doing my daily missions just like I do today for emblems that I don't actually spend that often, so if i spend my "emblems" on crafting along with my "dekyon trace" then the problem is what exactly?

As for "waiting a month" to fit a cruiser, well yes maybe that is true; but actually i quite like working towards rewards, it gives me a sense of satisfaction...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 58
11-01-2011, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green117 View Post
.

And it really isn't work. The main difference is instead of kitting yourself out over a day, it may take a few weeks or months. And why shouldn't it. Maybe because i use to play Wow and spent time earning my gear, crafting this and that, pvp sets etc, i assume that things should take time to acquire. It seems so much of the complaints is because people are loosing the ability to out gear themselves completely in the shortest time possible.
The fact that you are saying that STO crafting will soon be like WOW and other MMOs tells me it is near the beginning of the end for my favorite MMO. I know WOW players may like the grind and achievement that can take months, but I was looking for a different experience in this game. I guess I should have played this game more as It appear I may be soon losing that crowing jewel that made this game interesting....unabashed, FUN.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 59
11-01-2011, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTagloH View Post
I have a single Fed Crafter and a Single KDF Crafter that i use to give all my other characters equipment this new system has eliminated any need for them and i hope it gets Tweaked enough that they are useful again. So I'm in the same boat as you this way.
Same here. My Ferengi character Profit is about to become useless.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 60
11-01-2011, 06:11 AM
I can't see any logic in crafting under this system. And fleet crafters appear to be dead, since there is no dilithium trading. (Although you could do it indirectly via c-points, but that is cumbersome.)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:32 AM.