Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVargazm
I agree in part. I only see a few flaws in this mindset. If they doubled the dilithium requirement it would cost more dilithium to craft then to just buy the stuff outright. Also if crafting yields so small a reward that people won't bother doing it at all then the system is broken and it is on Cryptic to fix it. Should it be easy, no I don't think so. But it should also yield better gear then it does now to make that time investment worth it. If Cryptic wants people to craft then it's time they added unique rewards just for crafting that you can't get anywhere else. As it stands now I'll buy this junk off the exchange rather then waste the time making it myself.
Dilithium should be higher in crafting and non crafting areas. Nothing in the game should be cheap.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 82
11-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klytemnestra
Dilithium should be higher in crafting and non crafting areas. Nothing in the game should be cheap.

I was literally the only non-npc in memory alpha. That was so strange.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 83
11-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsabonayev
To me the whole argument is a silly one. They did not add dilithium to make rares truly rare, to slow down crafting, to make it harder, etc, cause there were more intelligent ways to do that. They added dilithium to make money off crafting, end of story. They add a money scheme to something to slow it down and make it harder and make the rares more rare? Please, i was born at 5 in the morning, but not this morning.
I am just wondering here, if a player is Determined Enough to Grit their Teeth, Dig in their Heels, and work, IN GAME, till they get the necessary Dilithium to do the Crafting, How does that make $$ for Cryptic? Because, as I see it, Dilithium can be had for no more than TIME, (Lots of it), and Determination.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 84
11-01-2011, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVargazm
Big surprise a free to play game isn't really free. As this system stands on tribble I will never bother crafting again, so I am tempted to agree with you about how much money Cryptic will make off of crafting. But then I remember how many Galaxy-Xs I see on the live server and how many of those stupid vorta pets people bought. People in this game will spend what is in my opinion far to much real money on far to little. Every day I see a post from someone who feels cheated because they bought 8 copys of the game and multiple life time subs and now the game goes f2p.

Now if people are that loose with their money they will buy dilithium. The only question is are there enough of those people so that I can get a good exchange rate selling them my dilithium for their C-points? Cryptic seems to think so, and since they know how everyone here is really spending their money I'm gonna guess they might be right.
There is a difference between a one time purchase that will be available account wise, like ships, and a slow and steady drain on ones budget that will get bigger and bigger. If someone JUST crafts for themselves, the dilithium drain on the wallet will be manageable and negligible. But if you like crafting for other people or for energy credits, it makes no sense at all economically. If your going to have to buy dilithium to build up the skill to then have to buy dilithium to make the craftable items, why not just spend the dilithium to buy the item out right. Cause yes, you can craft the item at a dilithium discount, but you now need dilithium to build up that skill. So now, it does not cost 25% less to craft the item then had you bought it off the vendor, cause you had to spend <x>% more dilithium to get to that point.

And they do not want to make dilithium tradeable (probably for farming reasons), so you are selling the items for far less that what you put in, UNLESS your a billionair and spending cash on crafting is nothing for you
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 85
11-01-2011, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofheat
you don't need it below VA, would be my observation. You hit VA probably somewhere in the middle/towrads the end of the story arcs. You can level quite fast enough without "decent" gear, and you can get "decent" gear from drops or frankly the exchange in the process depending on your settings/whats available.
Sigh, this is only on tribble you will not level up this fast on holodeck so again when we are leveling when this goes live how does not upgrading my gear until VA help me not get steamrolled while playing the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klytemnestra
Dilithium should be higher in crafting and non crafting areas. Nothing in the game should be cheap.
Why?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 86
11-01-2011, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsabonayev
1. I can do elite missions without elite gear, I guess this makes me better than you skill wise.

2. I agree that the current system on holodeck is broken. There are ways of making things are harder, rarer, and more challenging to get without making you have to pay real money to craft. Why pay real money to craft items that you can only sell for EC's? With the daily limits on dilithim conversion, non tradable dilithium, and extreme competition from drops and vendors, this new system is not awesome and will not work.

3. Women play STF's too, or is there place in the kitchen replicating your food?

4. This is not China or the USSR, where people have to suck it up and like it or die. They wish for feed back, they are getting it. We want to keep playing the game and thus, we want them to make things better. There is a difference between making it easier to play, making it challenging to play, and making it worth playing.

5. Either type a good game or don't. Don't type like an in your face jerk calling people lazy and wusses and slinging quips against peoples masculinity and then apologize for it. Stand by being a jerk, or don't type like a jerk to begin with

"Your hair looks pretty good today considering its full of split ends and is flat. OH, no offense!"
"none taken, you effing biznatch"

Item 1. You are better than me.

Item 2. You are just cheap.

Item 3. I am a woman

Item 4: They just asked for feedback to be polite.

Item 5: If the changes coming down make all these 'negative' people in the game leave. I am all for it.

When I play STO. All I do is explore. Because in Star Trek, all they did was explore. I do not really have a need to have anything beyond the free items they give you when you get s ship.

I do not PVP anymore since Season 2. I do not do STFs because I have done them all last year. I have acquired allot of wealth in this game. I have wealth in every game. I know I can have wealth in the system the developers are proposing. All I see now is people getting mad at Cryptic because they are making you work for things in the game now.

If you do not want to work for elite gear, don't work for it. No one has to work. But if you are afraid to work for elite items it is a sign of being lazy.

Since the only thing different in the new system versus the old one is it takes more time for you to get things. Dilithium is not real, nor is Energy Credits. You do not have to use real money to buy dilithium. You have the option to, but it is not a requirement.

You say you like feedback, but you really mean you want feedback that subscribes to boost your ego.

I love the changes with F2P. I want more and I support every thing Cryptic is doing.

If you do not like anything that is going on, you have two choices:
1) Accept the changes and love them
2) Do not accept the changes and do something else with your time.

Also, if you can do elite mission with normal free white items, what are you complaining about now. Since you do not need elite gear to do anything, there is no point of you complaining about how to acquire elite gear since it is not an issue for you.

For the rest of us simpletons, we have to work and explore to get the opportunity to use elite gear.

PVE does not require any of these things people are complaining about.

Thank you
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 87
11-01-2011, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
I am just wondering here, if a player is Determined Enough to Grit their Teeth, Dig in their Heels, and work, IN GAME, till they get the necessary Dilithium to do the Crafting, How does that make $$ for Cryptic? Because, as I see it, Dilithium can be had for no more than TIME, (Lots of it), and Determination.
Because as is the higher the level, the higher dilithium prices, and its not just dilithium for crafting, there is the crunch. You need dilithium for ships, for equipment, for gear, you need lots of it, and you can refine not so much of it per day, so you have a limited supply, an even more limited daily availability of it, you cannot charge people for it, so you loose it. So in addition to all the dilithium you need for yourself, you will need lots more for other people. And you wont get that dilithium back.

Secondly, there is a market force here that people forget, and that is reward? Can enough energy credits really make up for the real world cash (or extreme amount of grinding time) that went into the item? Especially since the item you just made was dropped by some npc and some guy has it on the market for a tenth the cost of your materials, forget the time/money invested in building up the skill?

Who is this damn game for? the people that will play 8 hours a day doing nothing but STF's, or people that will spend $10 to $20 a week? If this game is only to be enjoyed by these two groups of people, then fine, but SAY so, so those of us that work full time and have spouses and kids to satisfy can stop wasting our times with this.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 88
11-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klytemnestra
Item 1. You are better than me.

Item 2. You are just cheap.

Item 3. I am a woman

Item 4: They just asked for feedback to be polite.

Item 5: If the changes coming down make all these 'negative' people in the game leave. I am all for it.

When I play STO. All I do is explore. Because in Star Trek, all they did was explore. I do not really have a need to have anything beyond the free items they give you when you get s ship.

I do not PVP anymore since Season 2. I do not do STFs because I have done them all last year. I have acquired allot of wealth in this game. I have wealth in every game. I know I can have wealth in the system the developers are proposing. All I see now is people getting mad at Cryptic because they are making you work for things in the game now.

If you do not want to work for elite gear, don't work for it. No one has to work. But if you are afraid to work for elite items it is a sign of being lazy.

Since the only thing different in the new system versus the old one is it takes more time for you to get things. Dilithium is not real, nor is Energy Credits. You do not have to use real money to buy dilithium. You have the option to, but it is not a requirement.

You say you like feedback, but you really mean you want feedback that subscribes to boost your ego.

I love the changes with F2P. I want more and I support every thing Cryptic is doing.

If you do not like anything that is going on, you have two choices:
1) Accept the changes and love them
2) Do not accept the changes and do something else with your time.

Also, if you can do elite mission with normal free white items, what are you complaining about now. Since you do not need elite gear to do anything, there is no point of you complaining about how to acquire elite gear since it is not an issue for you.

For the rest of us simpletons, we have to work and explore to get the opportunity to use elite gear.

PVE does not require any of these things people are complaining about.

Thank you
If all you do is explore, then why do you care anyway what Cryptic is proposing or what we are suggesting? Why do you care about the crafting changes, or what changes we would like to see? Why should anyone care about your opinion if all you do is fly around Btran? OH, no offense!

I think its possible to be for the changes,, offer constructive criticism of our proposals, without being a ...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 89
11-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Cryptic isn't making money off dilithium. The c points don't vanish into the ether they just move accounts. That's it. The only time cryptic "makes money" off the dilithium exchange is if the person receiving the c points does not have the means to acquire them elsewhere. I for one will do my part in messing with said exchange if the crafting changes go live. I will spend my monthly stipend on the least amount of dilithium I can, then relist the dilithium for 1 c point.

As for klytemnestra: your ideas are as poorly thought out and malformed as your ego is over inflated. How exactly is crafting cheating? Compared to say, doing your dailies to get all the dilithium you need to buy the gear straight up? Or are you telling me missing that one extra stat between blue and purple is really make or break?
Man up? Lol sorry but real 'men' (which includes women ) don't need to e-peen to have a sense of self value. Go learn a trade, make something, that is accomplishment. Not getting high score in an stf.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 90 I never go to B'Tran...
11-01-2011, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsabonayev
If all you do is explore, then why do you care anyway what Cryptic is proposing or what we are suggesting? Why do you care about the crafting changes, or what changes we would like to see? Why should anyone care about your opinion if all you do is fly around Btran? OH, no offense!

I think its possible to be for the changes,, offer constructive criticism of our proposals, without being a ...
...there are to many 'jerks' there. I stay in Arucanis Arm. I only participate in these social forums to get information to tell the people in my two fleets what is going to happen in the game. I spend most of my time acquiring items and helping my fleet members to become wealthy.

Before last night...I use to respond to these post because I wanted to make a great Star Trek game. I have come to the understanding that is not the intent of anyone here. SO it serves no sane purpose for me to invest money or time into that behavior. I have seen the light and I have learned that it is probably best to support Cryptic Studio for their hard work and effort, and not spend my time complaining about fictional things that don't exist in the real world.

They [Cryptic] has determined what they want to do. They have bright people that work there, and they know what they are doing in these matters. CBS and Perfect World did not spend millions of dollars of their wealth because they did not believe in Cryptic Studios.

My efforts from this point going forward is to support Cryptic in its' decisions.

Thank you.

I am sorry you have a different opinion and desire for the game.

I desire a good Star Trek Online game.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:31 PM.