Lt. Commander
# 1 Disabling Engine Trails
10-30-2011, 08:05 PM
I have been asking for this since launch. And every now and then it needs to be brought back up. I know im not the only one who feels that these arent really necessary. Im asking for a toggle, for Trekkies like me..seeing engine trails coming from ships....engine trails were nonexistant in the films/series.

I would also like to see the white particle specks in space return. These dissapeared some time ago...no explanation. And now its harder to tell how fast my ship is moving. Mind you, im not talking about the warp streaks in sector space im talking about the system space movement particles that were there at launch.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-05-2011, 01:50 PM
A lot of players including my seld have mentioned this and would love if they add an option for us to choose on the engine trails plus the shield indicater as well will be awesome!
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-05-2011, 04:47 PM
This is something i would like to see also, my blue engine trails look quite odd following my ship when it has the reman shield equipped
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
A lot of players including my seld have mentioned this and would love if they add an option for us to choose on the engine trails plus the shield indicater as well will be awesome!
Shield indicator can already be disabled just go to options basic tab and turn Directional Shield FX off no more shield indicator just the shield bubble appears when shields are hit found this a few days ago. I find it increases my immersion in space battles.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-06-2011, 03:59 AM
Makes me wonder why the trails were added in the first place? I mean, they're not exactly canon.

They removed engine trails from EVE Online ages ago and now they are being added back in for the winter expansion.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-06-2011, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTagloH View Post
Shield indicator can already be disabled just go to options basic tab and turn Directional Shield FX off no more shield indicator just the shield bubble appears when shields are hit found this a few days ago. I find it increases my immersion in space battles.
Excellent. I going to do that now! Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-06-2011, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshAvenger
Makes me wonder why the trails were added in the first place? I mean, they're not exactly canon.

They removed engine trails from EVE Online ages ago and now they are being added back in for the winter expansion.
Well they are canon but they keep changing there minds.

1) No warp trail
2)Warp trail when warping and traveling
3) warp trail when warping but not trail while at warp.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-06-2011, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Excellent. I going to do that now! Thanks.
It work for you? is it what you meant?
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-07-2011, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTagloH View Post
It work for you? is it what you meant?
YEP, I'M LOVING IT NOW. THANKS.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-07-2011, 08:03 AM
I checked my ship i have Aegis set installed on it or maybe its the Breen Sub Zero set either way while looking at all the components you can right click on the engine and disable visuals. That should turn off that blue trail out the back of your ship. The shield indicator seems to be optional i just leave it on but like someone said in the options section you can turn them off.

The Deflector had no properties to let me turn off the visuals that i could find.

Quote: